GDT: 1/21/14 Blues @ Devils

Mike Brown

Damn, that last one reminded me of Madden's goal against Stephane Fiset back in '99.  Just one of those nights.

Henrique left and didn't return, don't know if anyone noticed in the middle of all this. Cue the fvcking Cam call-up now. It never fails. We got one game fully healthy.

@TGfireandice: Devils only saying that Henrique will not return. Won't say why.

Aw really? Son of a bitch, that sucks. Going to take a little of the sweetness away from the win.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Henrique left and didn't return, don't know if anyone noticed in the middle of all this. Cue the fvcking Cam call-up now. It never fails. We got one game fully healthy. @TGfireandice: Devils only saying that Henrique will not return. Won't say why.

and of course... unreal

I'm not sure what I just witnessed, but I really enjoyed it! Coming into tonight, Devils averaged 1.61 goals per game & shot 6.28% for Schneider. Those numbers now up to 1.83 & 7.19%. I didn't notice Henrique never returned after the 2nd. Hopefully they were just being cautious. Otherwise a great night!

what a game by the devils. I wish they could keep this up for the rest couple games. Not asking for 7 but more like 4 and 5 goals would be amazing to see for the rest of the reason. just cant believe they put up 7 goals on the blues tonight. just unbelievable

to be honest i really thought they were going to get blown out tonight or lose by atleast 2-3 goals

I was looking at a replay of the game on NHL Gamecentre and the last Henrique shift was near the end of the second. Nothing really bad happened although he took a hit during the shift. As 7 said hopefully its bump or bruise from a previous game that they are resting because of the score.

Cory now down to a 1.88 GAA and up to a save% of .926.  Glad to see him making it damned near impossible for PDB not to keep rolling with him.

• Like 1

2nd in GAA and 7th in SV%, can't wait to see what his GA%- and GSAA looks like tomorrow when Hockey-Reference updates it. Absolutely loving his play!

This is what I imagined from Cory and a main reason why I couldn't imagine the Devils would be in the bottom 5-6 like many said. Little did I know how few starts Cory would have. But when you show to be a goalie that stops pucks over 92% of the time, and then you come into a system that gives up the least amount of shots, your team can't be that awful.

Obviously the goal support difference when Brodeur and Cory start is an anomaly, and playing Cory will only benefit this team moving forward.

The Devils are finally healthy. Cory has clearly established that he is the best goalie. Hopefully this team goes on a nice run.

Edited by devilsrule33
  • Like 1

2nd in GAA and 7th in SV%, can't wait to see what his GA%- and GSAA looks like tomorrow when Hockey-Reference updates it. Absolutely loving his play!

.960 save% in his last 7 GP, with a 1.11 GAA.  That's about as flawless as it gets.