NFL Week 10...

CRASHER

Holy sh!t... it's Thursday already!?!?!?!? Well between getting unbelievably drunk on Sunday (and when your bartender leaves you a comment on facebook to see how the hangover was the next day (that I don't get

:P)... you know thou wast loaded!).. and then you have two Devil home games on Monday and Wednesday (and you have somehow become the official home game recapper of 2 man... post THAT in the Ledger would ya?? :rant:)... and you kinda work for a living.... you somehow run out of time and the Week 9 in Review kinda feel victim... so I'll try to chop in some Week 9 smark with the Week 10 look... and at least the Cowboys will be able to play the bye like an NFL Team

Thursday November 6:

Denver at Cleveland:

Cancel my hockey game for THIS slobberknocker!!! (Yes I kid)... as predicted the Dolphins walked into Denver chewed bubble gum... kicked ass... and ran outta bubble gum!! (somehow Chad survived the FREEZING COLD of 65 degrees a mile high too :P)... and now Denver gets to fix the Cleveland Browns offense... but WAIT... so once Derek Anderson GETS IT and starts playing better... YOU PUT THE STIFF FROM NOTRE DAME IN??? OK, well... good luck with that... Denver can't stop no one on defense... but with Rick Mirer 2.0 on the Browns they can't play offense OR defense....I think this one's an easy pick....

Prediction: Denver

Game Quaility: ** 1/2 (add half star because I hate Notre Dame and love seeing their players suck!)

Sunday November 9:

Saints at Falcons:

Still no Reggie Bush...and still a not-so-good defense... but hey they won on the soccer field right?? Though Atlanta is the shock and awe team of the NFL (some people say Miami... but I saw it coming folks)... and why?

QUARTERBACK PLAY (see a theme??) Matt Ryan has proven to be the REAL DEAL folks, and there was a franchise that needed to get out of the... aww... I can't make the dog pound joke here...and wow... Atlanta is 3-0 at home... the Saints are so flawed all over the place that I don't even think the amazing play of Drew Brees (you want to look legit MVP Candidate this year... start there) is enough to pull this off....

Prediction: Atlanta

Game Quality: *** 1/2 (oh YES there will be offense!!)

Titans at Bears:

You mean there's a chance we get Rex Grossman against the league's best and most turnover hungry defense?? That's all I need to know here...God Speed with the ankle Kyle Orton... the Bears are gonna need the return of the Age of Orton....

Prediction: Titans

Game Quality: ** 1/2 (if for only the Bears fans on the other side of the bar!)

Jacksonville at Detroit:

Good God.. the Lions dug Dante Culpepper out from moth balls for this one... he's got to know maybe three plays on the offense... Johnson out... Johnson deep and Johnson slant... this could be ugly and that's even by Lions standards!!!

Prediction: Jaguars

Game Quality: * (just to laugh at the Lions!)

Ravens at Texans:

Wow... this has playoff meaning?? The Ravens are doing it all through Convict defense and as little offense as the law will allow, look at their WR/TE numbers and you will see why Flacco is the #1 QB and WR on this awful team... but it's amazing how in a weak NFL a below average team can look good at this point in the year (again though it goes to my QB Play emphasis)... I like what Houston is doing though... balance on offense...getting some defense from Mario Williams... and in games like this and with the home field... give me the team that is less flawed and now has a stadium in one piece!

Prediction: Texans

Game Quality: ** (I'd watch if my niece/God Daughter wasn't turning 2)

Seattle at Miami:

The Dolphins better beat up on the pathetic Seahawks and stay in sniffing range in the AFC East, I can really offer no reason why Seattle would win this game and I may even start Chad over Jay Culter this week...this could be painful... but I'm sure the Seattle fans have written this season off already anyway....the only thing that scares me is all the Miami wins are against First Place team and this for damn sure ain't one....

Prediction: BRING ON THE WILDCAT!!!!!

Game Quality: * (it's Seattle's fault.. chill Dolphin Fans)

Packers at Vikings:

Oh... a stirring NFC Central matchup :rolleyes: .... nothing against the Packers I'm big on them and expect them to win this Division running away... it's just the Vikings... are... painful.... Gus Freotte... *gak*.. the Packers D should get fat on the passing game here... and Adrian Peterson is gonna need a 200 yard day to keep this one close... I don't think it matters....

Prediction: Green Bay

Game Quality: * 3/4 (Happy birthhhdayyy Ariannnaaaaaa, happy birthday to youuuu)

Bills at Patriots:

This is kinda big... two teams that came off miserable losses and games they had NO business losing... both team kinda hurting and struggling... and IN FIRST PLACE :blink: ... at least New England has won in the division.... I think that matters here and I think the Bills make a statement and avenge last week's disaster... CMON BILLS!!!!!! This one may not be pretty or for the faint at heart though....

Prediction: Bills

Game Quality: ***

Rams at NY Jets:

Do the jets take an improving Rams team lightly?? Maybe... do the Jets play this game totally wrong and make it closer then it should be?? You betcha!! Can the Rams win this without Steven Jackson... probably not... well not unless Favre helps them greatly.....I swear if this is the game I get stuck watching at the birthday party someone's leaving it with a limp!! :rant"

Prediction: Jets

Game Quality: *

4pm:

Carolina at Oakland:

Well the Raiders cut DeAngelo Hall so the #2 receivers of the league are gonna have to earn it now (still baffling how you extend a guy then cut him 8 games later... Al Davis much??)... the Raiders are good for a field goal a week of late (damn you know you suck when Herm looks like an offensive JUGGERNAUT next to you)... this will not be fun to watch and certainly will be one-sided (again WHY IS THERE ONLY 3 GAMES AT 4PM !?!?!? :rant:)

Prediction: Carolina

Game Quality: DUD

Indy at Pittsburgh:

Looks like Bryon Leftwich this week... and man the Steelers keep getting in more and more of a whole.. but yet still in first place and control of the AFC North... what a paper division :P...but the Colts... meh.. they got their little Super Bowl win last week... I can't see them doing it twice in a row... there's too much soft on that team and the Steelers are gonna run it silly on them this week to protect the guy who knows only a shred more of the playbook then Dante Culpepper does.....

Prediction: Steelers

Game Quality: ** 1/2 (best game at 4pm)

Chiefs at San Diego:

Two bad teams mixing it up to see who's worse... no Larry Johnson.... BRING ON THE HERM-CAT OFFENSE BABY-EE!!!! Ugh.. I can't make a case to watch this one... though I will because I probably won't get there until like 3 or so... damn my family for not having parties on SATURDAY!!!!! :blahblah::saddevil:

Prediction: God hates me... oh wait... San Diego...

Game Quality: *

8pm:

Giants at Eagles:

You know THEY CAN'T PLAY AT ONE SO I CAN AVOID THE FRONT RUNNING SCUM??? THANKS NFL!!!! And dammit this is a HUGE game... and a MUST game for the Eagles at this point who have a rare healthy Westbrook and McNabb... and it looks like for the first time since the Redskins the Giants play a decent team at FULL STRENGTH... that said... watch this be the week McNabb gets hurt... he's about due too.... :noclue:

As for last week... you know what the difference in a Brad Johnson pass and a Brooks Bollinger pass is??

The Bollinger INT gets there faster :P... Everyone else in that scum city in Phily is winning... why not the Eagles too??

Prediction: Eagles

Game Quality: ****

Monday November 10:

49ers at Arizona:

sh!t this is almost watchable eh??? I dunno... Arizona is doing way better then they should and I wanna see the Mike Singletary 10 man offensive formation... this should be worth watching... more so if the Niners get ANYTHING from the QB Position... ah I can't do it... please Frank Gore prove me wrong...

Prediction: 6-3 Cardinals :blink:

Game Quality: ** (least no more election coverage!!)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice write up as usual. Thanks for picking agianst the Giants. ;):P

I'm no SD :P

I actually usually hit over 60% on these... I'm just too lazy to go get the stats from the office pool

(lord knows how I got back into doing 3-5 write ups a week now with the 2MA stuff :blink: )

I'm no SD :P

I actually usually hit over 60% on these... I'm just too lazy to go get the stats from the office pool

(lord knows how I got back into doing 3-5 write ups a week now with the 2MA stuff :blink: )

That's funny Crasher, because I am at 80% of my NFL picks this season in most of my NFL pools. ;) Currently hold 1st place in 4 of the 6 NFL/office pools at 107-23, so you are no SD when it comes to NFL picks this season. :P

This week I happen to disagree with you on only 3 picks, so you maybe safe at your 60% this week. :P.

Edited by SatansDevils

I know that you are normally right, I'm just happy to keep the no respect theme going.

Do you really think they're gonna 15-1 anyway??

They're gonna lose some SOMEWHERE and I'd consider this a FAR more desperate game for Phily

There's usually some logic behind my choices... as opposed to hellsempire over there :P

Do you really think they're gonna 15-1 anyway??

They're gonna lose some SOMEWHERE and I'd consider this a FAR more desperate game for Phily

There's usually some logic behind my choices... as opposed to hellsempire over there :P

They won't go 15-1 but they could definitely go 6-0 vs. the east. This could pretty much bury the Eagles for the division at least. That's probably the best thing about getting off to a great start. Being able to put everyone in a deep hole if you win head to head.

I love how they run a whole highlight reel footage of Elway's classic drive in Cleveland... make the mention that Cutler needs one of his own... ONE PLAY 94 YARDS..... TOUCHDOWNNNN!!!!! :lol:

Well, the Denver defense probably couldn't stop Rutgers right now, but that aside, Quinn had a pretty good first start until Cleveland imploded all around him.

Most of his routes were shorter routes; I'm reminded a lot of the game play the Bills employed when they first deployed Edwards. Be cautious, hit the checkdowns, pass to the tight ends, and when you do pass it to the wideouts, do it so that the ball flies 6 yards and then they can YAC it through.

He's going to need to throw deeper in some other games, or better defenses (read: Pitt) will expose him. I still think the kid is gonna get pounded by Pitt, but that's one of those "learning experience" games.

The one thing that Quinn has over Anderson is mobility it looks like; Quinn can move in the pocket (and good lord, will he need to) while Anderson really didn't.

But holy hell, did you ever see a team implode faster than Cleveland last night? Kellen Winslow personally killing two drives in the 4th, and the Cleveland defense takes a knee one quarter early (really, did they call that tackling on the Royal or Graham touchdowns?). On top of that, their playcalls in the 4th were very bizarre - besides the last play of the game, they run the same play on 3rd and goal and 4th and goal, and the only difference between the two is that Lewis has the presence of mind to stick his arms out the second time when Joe Thomas gets in the way. I've never watched a whole Cleveland game, but I'd be curious to see if the OC got hit with a boatload of stupid for Q4 or if he really is making those same bizarre calls all year.

LETS GO GIANTS!!!!!!! It's obvious the Cowboys have a swords chance in a gunfight at taking over the Giants... but they WILL be in a dogfight with Philly for that second wildcard spot... so BEAT EM UP BIG BLUE!

Oh god I feel sick.

Now doesn't that feel good? :evil:

Nice job as usual, crasher. Brady Quinn played decently last night, but he choked a bit under the pressure of having to come up with a game winning drive. Of course, Cleveland's secondary didn't exactly help either, did they? They had a couple of dropped picks and let up a lot of big plays all night.

Now doesn't that feel good? :evil:

Nice job as usual, crasher. Brady Quinn played decently last night, but he choked a bit under the pressure of having to come up with a game winning drive. Of course, Cleveland's secondary didn't exactly help either, did they? They had a couple of dropped picks and let up a lot of big plays all night.

That should never feel good and shame on mbIII for doing it :P

(personally if the Eagles didn't play in such a scum city I'd like them)

Notre Dame QB + Pressure + NOT named Montana = EPIC FAIL

Both teams had their share of brain farts last night

all I know is I got 42 points from Jay Cutler in a league my team averages in the 80s !!!! :boogie: :boogie:

Dropped Anderson for Quinn.. Flacco was available, O'Sullivan was available.. but our team is 2-7 so we took a gamble with Quinn.. glad he started the fantasy week right with 2 TD passes

Anyway: Jets need a W over the Rams. No excuses, despite them playing better under the new coach.

Edited by nmigliore

Well, the Denver defense probably couldn't stop Rutgers right now, but that aside, Quinn had a pretty good first start until Cleveland imploded all around him.

Most of his routes were shorter routes; I'm reminded a lot of the game play the Bills employed when they first deployed Edwards. Be cautious, hit the checkdowns, pass to the tight ends, and when you do pass it to the wideouts, do it so that the ball flies 6 yards and then they can YAC it through.

He's going to need to throw deeper in some other games, or better defenses (read: Pitt) will expose him. I still think the kid is gonna get pounded by Pitt, but that's one of those "learning experience" games.

The one thing that Quinn has over Anderson is mobility it looks like; Quinn can move in the pocket (and good lord, will he need to) while Anderson really didn't.

But holy hell, did you ever see a team implode faster than Cleveland last night? Kellen Winslow personally killing two drives in the 4th, and the Cleveland defense takes a knee one quarter early (really, did they call that tackling on the Royal or Graham touchdowns?). On top of that, their playcalls in the 4th were very bizarre - besides the last play of the game, they run the same play on 3rd and goal and 4th and goal, and the only difference between the two is that Lewis has the presence of mind to stick his arms out the second time when Joe Thomas gets in the way. I've never watched a whole Cleveland game, but I'd be curious to see if the OC got hit with a boatload of stupid for Q4 or if he really is making those same bizarre calls all year.

No I couldn't see the game... thanks to cablevision, :angry: they cant add a channel of one of the most popular sports in america........ at least they give me NHL network.

Rose Bowl performances much Brian?? :P

If college play mattered once you get drafted, then Curtis Enis wouldn't have played like he had a "P" in front of his last name.

On top of that, I'm willing to scapegoat Holtz for the Notre Dame Alma Mater QB's problems in the NFL, and I don't think Quinn played under Holtz.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

If college play mattered once you get drafted, then Curtis Enis wouldn't have played like he had a "P" in front of his last name.

On top of that, I'm willing to scapegoat Holtz for the Notre Dame Alma Mater QB's problems in the NFL, and I don't think Quinn played under Holtz.

it's like pre-season play... you take little out of the good... but when you see BAD, it's a warning sign.... :blink:

Lou Holtz is responsible for more wrong in our country then Bush :P

Ok FF question. Who to start for RB's? MJD at Det (lock), Ronnie Brown at Sea (leaning towards him), or Marshawn Lynch at NE (hot and cold all year)?

Plus, I already have 44 points from Cutler and Marshall.

Sit Marshawn: He is more effective at hit and runs then hitting open holes in the offense.