Branford Place in Newark has become new drug hot spot

block921

Well it is a weird combo there. Branford is where the teachers village is going so that will probably push everything more south west in terms of the trafficking but it's still a transportation center. The only real way to clean up the block is economic development and public private partnership that brings more security.

Well it is a weird combo there. Branford is where the teachers village is going so that will probably push everything more south west in terms of the trafficking but it's still a transportation center. The only real way to clean up the block is economic development and public private partnership that brings more security.

This is the truth. I really wish they would get Teacher's village going

I walked through Branford today on my way to this amazing Thai restaurant across the street from Rutgers' Law School.. Anyway, in about 30 seconds I saw a cop car, a cop on a horse, and 2 cops on motor bikes all passing through.. So they are definitely making an effort there

hmm, is this the restaurant across from Mcgoverns, everyone says it's the best.

Yup, and it was just as everyone says.. The owner was very nice, but the food was incredible.. There was a line out the door.. I definitely recommend you go for lunch

• 4 weeks later...

There's nothing you can do about the d boys being out all day everyday. Newark is the heroin mecca of the Eastern Seaboard and there's far too much money to be made for them to just leave. I mean seriously, just take a look next time you're on the side of broad street that is opposite the Pru Center, it's absolutely covered with empty heroin stamp baggies. You can remove them from an area, but they will always persist, it's just something you have to deal with being a city with the largest seaport on the East Coast. The only reason this is news is because it's scaring white people away from the businesses. You don't hear anybody mention this sh!t going on a few blocks away on Elizabeth/Clinton Ave because there's no white people there.

There's nothing you can do about the d boys being out all day everyday. Newark is the heroin mecca of the Eastern Seaboard and there's far too much money to be made for them to just leave. I mean seriously, just take a look next time you're on the side of broad street that is opposite the Pru Center, it's absolutely covered with empty heroin stamp baggies. You can remove them from an area, but they will always persist, it's just something you have to deal with being a city with the largest seaport on the East Coast. The only reason this is news is because it's scaring white people away from the businesses. You don't hear anybody mention this sh!t going on a few blocks away on Elizabeth/Clinton Ave because there's no white people there.

Well that's not entirely true. One they are there because the buss stops are there and therefor it centers around there. You build out and you move the crap farther away from your retail center and you stabilize an area. This method has been used in cities time after time. You only get rid of crap by first removing it, not trying to spray paint over it and call it something else.