Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

I cannot stand the Blackhawks song. I despise it. I loathe it.  It's nails on a chalkboard.  It sounds like a god damned circus song.  It's awful.  The thought of that song has such an adverse effect on me that I can barely put together a coherent thought. HATE.

Oh, and whoever decided to stop playing Seek and Destroy when the Devils hit the ice should be fired immediately.

Wow. You may be the only person I've ever heard of hating Chelsea Dagger as a goal song. I've always thought it looks like everyone is having a blast when they play it.

As for the Flyers, I loved when they used So Happy by Sideshow Bob... the only ska goal song to date in the NHL to my knowledge.

Wow. You may be the only person I've ever heard of hating Chelsea Dagger as a goal song. I've always thought it looks like everyone is having a blast when they play it.

As for the Flyers, I loved when they used So Happy by Sideshow Bob... the only ska goal song to date in the NHL to my knowledge.

I find it pretty annoying too actually. 

Out of personal curiosity, I looked to see what other teams used last season. This should be right for the most part....

Anaheim : Pennywise - "Bro Hymn"

Boston : Zombie Nation - "Kernkraft 400"

Buffalo: Black Keys - "Lonely Boy"

Calgary : Duck Sauce - "Barbra Streisand"

Carolina : Blur - "Song #2"

Chicago : Fratellis - "Chelsea Dagger"

Colorado : "Rock n Roll Part 2"

Columbus : AC/DC - "For Those About To Rock" into Locksley - "The Whip"

Dallas : Locksley - "The Whip"

Detroit : "Hey Hey Hockey Town"

Edmonton : Pitbull - "Don't Stop The Party"

Florida - "Rock and Roll Part 2"

Los Angeles : "I Love LA" followed by some Ranger song rip off

Minnesota : "Crowd Chant"

Montreal : Custom Goal Song

Nashville : "I Like It I Love It", "Rock and Roll Part 2"

New Jersey : "Rock and Roll Part 2"

New York Islanders : "Crowd Chant"

New York Rangers : Custom Goal Song

Ottawa : Blur - "Song #2"

Philadelphia - "Doop"

Phoenix : Black Keys - "Howling for You"

Pittsburgh : "Rock and Roll Part 2"

St Louis : Organ version of "When the Saints Go Marching In"

San Jose : Organ version of "Rock and Roll Part 2"

Tampa : XL - "Fluxland"

Toronto : Locksley - "The Whip"  (and they used the Harlem Shake last year for a bit... yikes)

Vancouver : Black Keys - "Gold on the Ceiling" (now)  Clutch - "Electric Worry" (2012-13)

Washington : Iron Maiden - "Wicker Man"

Winnipeg : Rev Theory - "Hell Yeah"

• Like 2

I was surprised to see 3 different Black Keys songs. They're cornering the market.

I was also very happy to see that no one used that terrible Nickelback song that was on a ton of NHL commercials a year or so ago. If the devils use that, I will be selling lots of games haha

Can't speak for the rest, but Ottawa uses Song 2 for the playoffs. Last year they had some Usher remix. and the year before a Seven Nation Army remix.

You know, I should have known that wasn't right. I uploaded a bunch of them to my Xbox to put into NHL 13 last year and I remember the Ottawa one.

I hate Chelsea Dagger too and until now I was under the impression that most agreed with me.  Every time I hear it, it reminds me of that Amstel Light commercial.

Out of personal curiosity, I looked to see what other teams used last season. This should be right for the most part....

Anaheim : Pennywise - "Bro Hymn"

Boston : Zombie Nation - "Kernkraft 400"

Buffalo: Black Keys - "Lonely Boy"

Calgary : Duck Sauce - "Barbra Streisand"

Carolina : Blur - "Song #2"

Chicago : Fratellis - "Chelsea Dagger"

Colorado : "Rock n Roll Part 2"

Columbus : AC/DC - "For Those About To Rock" into Locksley - "The Whip"

Dallas : Locksley - "The Whip"

Detroit : "Hey Hey Hockey Town"

Edmonton : Pitbull - "Don't Stop The Party"

Florida - "Rock and Roll Part 2"

Los Angeles : "I Love LA" followed by some Ranger song rip off

Minnesota : "Crowd Chant"

Montreal : Custom Goal Song

Nashville : "I Like It I Love It", "Rock and Roll Part 2"

New Jersey : "Rock and Roll Part 2"

New York Islanders : "Crowd Chant"

New York Rangers : Custom Goal Song

Ottawa : Blur - "Song #2"

Philadelphia - "Doop"

Phoenix : Black Keys - "Howling for You"

Pittsburgh : "Rock and Roll Part 2"

St Louis : Organ version of "When the Saints Go Marching In"

San Jose : Organ version of "Rock and Roll Part 2"

Tampa : XL - "Fluxland"

Toronto : Locksley - "The Whip"  (and they used the Harlem Shake last year for a bit... yikes)

Vancouver : Black Keys - "Gold on the Ceiling" (now)  Clutch - "Electric Worry" (2012-13)

Washington : Iron Maiden - "Wicker Man"

Winnipeg : Rev Theory - "Hell Yeah"

Nice list! Thanks for compiling and sharing.

Saw Locksley's "The Whip" a couple times and decided to YouTube it. Maybe I just think all music today sounds the same, but it sounds almost exactly like "Chelsea Dagger" to me. Interchangeable, IMO.

Nice to see "Electric Worry" getting used. Clutch friggin rules.

And, again, maybe it's because I'm out of touch with new music, but does the Flyers song make anyone else think of this?

Well, at the very least, the list shows that life would go on if R&R Part 2 is indeed sacked (interesting that five teams did use it in one form or another though)...IF the Devils pick a solid replacement (read:  NOT Zombie Nation or Ole).  I would definitely miss R&R Part 2 (it's always just FELT so right), same way I still miss the old goal horn. 

I guess the Islanders aren't using R&R Part 1 anymore? 

Well, at the very least, the list shows that life would go on if R&R Part 2 is indeed sacked (interesting that five teams did use it in one form or another though)...IF the Devils pick a solid replacement (read: NOT Zombie Nation or Ole). I would definitely miss R&R Part 2 (it's always just FELT so right), same way I still miss the old goal horn.

I guess the Islanders aren't using R&R Part 1 anymore?

No, they dropped it a couple of years ago coincidentally because of the you suck chants.

They had a real bad rip off of the Ranger goal song for a year before going to Crowd Chant

Here was the custom one. The fans just added you suck to it anyway.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Devils new goal song. Book it. Look at those lyrics, it's as tame as it gets. No need to worry about "You sucks" here.

Devils new goal song. Book it. Look at those lyrics, it's as tame as it gets. No need to worry about "You sucks" here.

Not sure if this is a song or a strange recollection of that one really weird thing you thought of for 30 seconds on your last mushroom trip. lol.

Why not the intro riff for this song on a loop? It has a bouncy sound to it and it has a slide for the "hey!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvwHKmEZHAw

I still don't know how to do this. But it's Rammstein - Keine Lust

You just copy and paste the URL straight into the reply box and it should appear. Are you trying to put it into the reply with the link button?

Edited by ATLL765

Why not the intro riff for this song on a loop? It has a bouncy sound to it and it has a slide for the "hey!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvwHKmEZHAw

I still don't know how to do this. But it's Rammstein - Keine Lust

I like where your head's at. If they could get a band to reinterpret that little riff, it's pretty cool, catchy, and dark/sinister at the same time. Very simple, but could do the trick.