Books?

Pepperkorn

Since I get enough reality in my day to day world I only read fiction books--specifically fantasy (usually lumped with Science-Fiction). Anything written by either Jim Butcher (he's become famous for his Dresden books--a mondern day wizard in Chicago--really well written) or Guy Gavriel Kay--simply an amazing author--I'd recommend a book called Tigana as a first read of his stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I got on a real Richard Price kick - Clockers, Lush Life being the ones that have received the most attention. His first published work, The Wanderers, is also damn good.

Also read the two most recent books by Erik Larson - Devil in the White City (fan-freakin'-tastic) and Thunderstruck (okay, but a letdown after the great DWC book).

This year I've taken to Cormac McCarthy - obviously The Road, and also All the Pretty Horses. I started reading The Crossing, but lost my momentum... hopefully I'll find it again soon, but it definitely drags more than APH.

Most recently I just finished reading "The Code" and I'm not sure what's coming next for me. I picked up a Richard Price novel for cheap but I can't recall its title.

I'm in the midst of reading all the books in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series yet again. These are so good, I'd definitely recommend them to all. On deck after that is George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones. I've never read any of his books but am looking forward to it.