Careful what you wish for, Devils fans

Derlique

Santini is in college this year, he's not getting a shot unless it's at a frat party.

I don't think they will start out with a Salvador-Zidlicky pairing.  Could be wrong about that, but I don't think they'll start out that way.  I think both guys will be getting less ice time than they did last year.

i think santini turning pro at the end of this year and making the team out of camp next year after two years at BC is highly unlikely also. now, after his junior year, that's more possible.

as for sal-zid, i may have given the wrong impression saying that i expected that to be a pairing (which i do not). i meant that they they will get plenty of ice time to start. i would expect pdb to shelter gelinas and larsson to start. i think merrill got entered into the circle of trust for pdb. gelly and larsson - not so much yet.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this makes sense but its so tough to tell without seeing how larsson, merrill and gelinas progress. while we are all high on them, i think it's safe to say that the season is going to start out with deboer leaning heavily on sal and zid and they will have to play their way down the depth chart while the kids play up.

if at the end of the year, you're seeing sal taking on anton's role this year of PK guy and 13:00 of 3rd pairing and zid is PP2 and 15:00 because the kids have stepped up, its possible that severson and/or santini are given a shot.

but even with that, there's still peter harrold's spot that needs to be dealt with so he could get more responsibility if he's resigned or another guy is brought in.

Its not a given that zid and sal are any more consistent defensively then these kids. that's why I thought losing fayne was a mistake. once you get past greene and maybe  Merrill, things get dicey defensively...Larsson is the key here..he needs to step up and be a force