Elias Cap For 06-07

GOLDORAK

Can someone explain why Elias' cap hit for '06-'07 is listed as $7.5M? (see TSN) I thought $42M divided by 7 years = $6M/year.

Also, unconfirmed rumor from trolling around that Mogilny and a 2008 first round pick were traded for Rupp.

Thanks for the Rupp info, interesting if true! Elias' contract is staggered not a straight 6 mill a year. It starts at 7.5 and goes down in incremental years. I forgot the entire setup.

I thought the cap hit per year was for the average amount of the entire contract. I guess if your salary in a given year (year 1 being $7.5M) is greater than the per year average of the contract, then the higher of the two amounts apply? Or, does this mean that the cap hit in later years will be less than $6M per year?

TSN is wrong. His salary for 06/07 is 7.5, his cap hit is the contract average.

Thanks, Aylbert, I hope you're right!

TSN lists our payroll committments for the year, not the cap number. So TSN is right. And so is Aylbert on the cap number.

The cap hit will always be $6M/year, even when he is only making $5M/year later in the contract.

Edited by Don