Photo

Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!)

• Please log in to reply
1718 replies to this topic

Poll: Lockout 2012-2013 (Hockey's back!) (130 member(s) have cast votes)

When will we see hockey?

1. Oct 12 (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Nov 12 (19 votes [14.62%])

Percentage of vote: 14.62%

3. Dec 12 (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Jan 13 (33 votes [25.38%])

Percentage of vote: 25.38%

5. Feb 13 (1 votes [0.77%])

Percentage of vote: 0.77%

6. Mar 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Apr 13 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Oct 13 (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

9. Never (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#921 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

i think the real difference here is that they got people involved who "wanted to make a fair deal" instead of 2 people who " wanted to get as much as he could for his side and willing to play hardball to get what they wanted"

www.SterioDesign.com

#922 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Bettman wants deal done by Friday
http://blogs.edmonto...k-kypreos-says/

That deal with the sponsors is huge because obviously money talks and if the NHL wants to salvage 100% of sponsor revenue with a 62 game schedule they need to enact a new CBA as soon as possible.

I find it interesting that the owners went out of their way to eliminate money-makers with deadlines like the Winter Classic and All Star Game to avoid having those be used as pressure bargaining chips against them. Yet they allowed this one to stay in place and now it's seemingly forcing their hand to reach an agreement in the next couple of days.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#923 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

I find it interesting that the owners went out of their way to eliminate money-makers with deadlines like the Winter Classic and All Star Game to avoid having those be used as pressure bargaining chips against them. Yet they allowed this one to stay in place and now it's seemingly forcing their hand to reach an agreement in the next couple of days.

I bet the All-Star Game is not a huge money maker when you consider that the league shuts down entirely for 3 or 4 days when it happens. Remember, the NHL didn't really cancel the All-Star Game - I mean, sure, it isn't being played - but they're replacing it with a full slate of games.

The Winter Classic probably had to be canceled because it needs a lot of setup and has a ton of moving parts

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#924 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

I remember there was some clause with the networks that they needed to be notified at a certain date or there was a penalty.

#925 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Trying not to get excited
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#926 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Trying not to get excited

Same here but it is so hard not to, I seemed to get sucked in each time, is this what they mean by DIE HARD HOCKEY FAN? Lol
But at the same time if this is going to fall apart put us out of our misery and cancel the season and FIRE BETTMAN!

#927 chrisg19

chrisg19

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Same here but it is so hard not to, I seemed to get sucked in each time, is this what they mean by DIE HARD HOCKEY FAN? Lol
But at the same time if this is going to fall apart put us out of our misery and cancel the season and FIRE BETTMAN!

Yeah hard not to get excited this time.

Actually I give Bettman credit on this one. I think he knew he had to get Fehr out of the room to get a deal done, and suggested he, and Donald sit this one out. I may be wrong, but I see Fehr as a hired gun, and the only one in this whole process who doesn't have a stake in whether or not hockey is played this year. Whatever the reason, I am glad they are trying....
"It wasn't Mike Eruzione shouting his own name that finally convinced coach Brooks to stop making the players do sprints. It was Mark Johnson, who smashed his stick against the glass in a fit of rage." Movie Mistakes and Bloopers

My Devils Photos

Work

#928 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

https://twitter.com/...503607019438081

@reporterchris
Dinner break is over. Talks back on.

https://twitter.com/...506964329127937

@reporterchris
And 13 minutes later...the NHL is out of the meeting room.

https://twitter.com/...510629391646720

@reporterchris
Six NHL owners and Bill Daly head back to the meeting room.

Alright so just forget I said anything....I'm not going to try and keep up with these negotiations on twitter... :blahblah:

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 05 December 2012 - 09:19 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#929 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

NHL set up a podium in NY for a press conference...#PodiumWatch is now trending lol

believe-zubrus.jpg

#930 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Been a couple of funny ones tonight. It cracks me up when the beat writers get into it too. They must be bored in that conference room.

#931 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Paul@TheClincher_
"Driiiiiiiiiiive!" - Doc Emrick, in a cab on the way to #PodiumWatch

dont know if thats 100%true but a bunch of people are re tweeting it

#932 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

@TGfireandice: RT @HeleneStJames: Source: "Not looking great" after latest talks tonight between owners, players.

#933 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

@TGfireandice: RT @HeleneStJames: Source: "Not looking great" after latest talks tonight between owners, players.

This sort of stuff - I'm done with it. If they're talking, it's good. If they are not talking, it's bad. Neither side will reveal that it's going good unless the other side is willing to (like last night) - all anonymous sources should want to claim it isn't going well.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#934 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,689 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

This sort of stuff - I'm done with it. If they're talking, it's good. If they are not talking, it's bad. Neither side will reveal that it's going good unless the other side is willing to (like last night) - all anonymous sources should want to claim it isn't going well.

Yeah I've pretty much had it for the night too with all the back and forth speculation. I do wonder why the podium got put up unless it was close - either to a deal or going off the rails completely. That's what alternatly excites and worries me.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#935 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Players/Owners meeting again

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Talks are back on.

#936 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Richard Labbé ‏@Richardlabbe
To sum up our day here in NYC: owners arrive, leave, come back, leave, come back, leave, come back, leave. And podium. And pizza. #LockOut

NHL Podium ‏@NHLPodium
Just sitting here on a stage by myself like an idiot while everyone stares at me. Not sure how to handle this. Phil Kessel, call me.

:giggle:

Edited by Zubie#8, 05 December 2012 - 11:51 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#937 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,689 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames
From source: "Deal isn't imminent. Still hurdles to climb but made some strides in some major areas."

Guess her source can't make up her mind.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#938 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,689 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

Looks like all of us who assumed contract limits were just a red herring to get other concessions in HRR, etc (including me) were wrong, it still remains a huge issue apparently with the league not budging from 5 years as a base for FA's, other than the exception that current teams can go up to 7 years, a bit of a knockoff of the NBA's system.

And now the players want to lift the restrictions on who's in the room (i.e. hello Don and Gary again). This is either going to blow up today or get done once and for all I think. It nearly blew up last night with - surprise, surprise - Jacobs threatening to walk out of the room before the moderate owners stopped that. But I don't like all these detailed leaks coming out now, it smacks of the PR grabs that have poisoned the process throughout.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 December 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#939 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

I fvcking wish Jeremy Jacobs would just have a severe diarrhea and miss the rest of the negotiations. Like... fvck this guy

Along with a fair amount of optimism entering Wednesday, the NHL lockout also saw tensions rise during a session that lasted into the wee hours. The conversation went something like this. "Let's leave," said Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs, turning to NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly. "It's up to you," replied Daly. At that point during the talks between the NHL and NHL Players Association on Wednesday, a day that began as a continuation of the momentum generated on Tuesday, both sides were at the precipice, and the 2012-13 season was in jeopardy. ... But with Jacobs poised to abandon the talks, other owners spoke up, and then both sides dramatically backed away from the precipice.

http://espn.go.com/n...als-sources-say

but its encouraging to see that other owners are speaking up and not just following wtv jacobs is saying like most are, he's a cancer in those negotiations.

Edited by SterioDesign, 06 December 2012 - 09:01 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#940 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

But why does one guy seem to have directed/controlled these negotiations so much up to this point?

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users