142 replies to this topic

#21 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

Not me. I actually like Pre-Season, its always good to see what you have and develop players for when you need it.
I like playing GM and evaluating our draft.

Playing 18 games only benefits the owners, players careers will be a lot shorter with a greater physical toll on their bodies.

you're right it benefits a manager, but it also in theory would help the fans as season ticket holders wouldnt be forced to pay out reg. season prices for meaningless games [you being a member of the exception since you enjoy the preseason].

when i was in buffalo and had seasons for the bills, it killed me to have to shell out my money for their home preseason games.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#22 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

I personally think that Jacobs is on his last legs, big backs have an extremely short shelf life. The O-line and linebacking core worry me at this point. Wr's are total question marks

#23 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

I personally think that Jacobs is on his last legs, big backs have an extremely short shelf life. The O-line and linebacking core worry me at this point. Wr's are total question marks

WR is the one position i have the least concern about.

RB is a major question mark with, as you said, Jacobs is not himself and quite possibly be on the downswing. He's not trucking like he used to and its hurting us.

The o-line will be alright, but the LBs will need to come into their own with baptism by fire.

Luckily, the secondary should be a strong point this season with the return of phillips and addition of rolle

#24 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

RB is a major question mark with, as you said, Jacobs is not himself and quite possibly be on the downswing. He's not trucking like he used to and its hurting us.

The o-line will be alright, but the LBs will need to come into their own with baptism by fire.

Luckily, the secondary should be a strong point this season with the return of phillips and addition of rolle

I am not really worried about WR. I think that is probably their strength. I would hope Barden can develop into a Burress-like receiver

I think it is safe to say that Bradshaw will be the premier back. Hopefully Ware and Jacobs can stay healthy

The O-Line worries me because they seemed to go from the best to average at best.

Defensively, they need a leader and i am hoping Tuck will step up this year and be a captain. I think the Giants will miss leaders like Strahan and Pierce in the lockeroom

Their defensive backs should be good and their linebackers are a huge question mark. I hope this new defensive coordinator can turn Sheridan's bland defense into something more exciting and effective

#25 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:25 PM

Not digging that blue banner that lines the walls surrounding the field. It looks cheap.

Edited by 95Crash, 03 September 2010 - 07:25 PM.

#26 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

Courtesy of Yahoo....

NEW YORK (AP)—The New York Giants acquired quarterback Sage Rosenfels(notes) and running back Darius Reynaud(notes) from the Minnesota Vikings on Friday for undisclosed draft picks.

The Vikings announced the deal on their website. They will receive a pick in next year’s draft and a conditional selection in the 2012 draft.

I think this was a great move by the Giants because Rosenfels is a good QB for a back up role and I think Reynaud can do both Kick Returns and Punt Returns :cheers:

#27 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:30 PM

Courtesy of Yahoo....

NEW YORK (AP)—The New York Giants acquired quarterback Sage Rosenfels(notes) and running back Darius Reynaud(notes) from the Minnesota Vikings on Friday for undisclosed draft picks.

The Vikings announced the deal on their website. They will receive a pick in next year’s draft and a conditional selection in the 2012 draft.

I think this was a great move by the Giants because Rosenfels is a good QB for a back up role and I think Reynaud can do both Kick Returns and Punt Returns :cheers:

solid move, now i have more confidence should Corky go down

another positive of this move: WE WILL NOT GET LEINART!

#28 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

you're right it benefits a manager, but it also in theory would help the fans as season ticket holders wouldnt be forced to pay out reg. season prices for meaningless games [you being a member of the exception since you enjoy the preseason].

when i was in buffalo and had seasons for the bills, it killed me to have to shell out my money for their home preseason games.

Its funny because up until a few years ago pre-season games were FREE to Season ticket holders because of that.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

I would agree with almost all of this.

Your WR's are underrated and very well coached.

RB is a huge question mark. I think Jacobs is done and Bradshaw is too fragile over the long hall. (Ward just got signed by Texas).

I think your LB's are fine.

The Giants will live or die by the running game this year, which is NO LONGER a strength.

solid move, now i have more confidence should Corky go down

another positive of this move: WE WILL NOT GET LEINART!

Great move on all counts
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

I am very happy that Victor Cruz made the team :dance:

#31 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

I am very happy that Victor Cruz made the team :dance:

+1 :cheers:

#32 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

So, G-men looked pretty good the other day, huh... except for the lack of an ability to catch a ball that is. Really encouraged by the play of the defense. Next week is the real test though, with Manning Bowl II.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:22 AM

So, G-men looked pretty good the other day, huh... except for the lack of an ability to catch a ball that is. Really encouraged by the play of the defense. Next week is the real test though, with Manning Bowl II.

for once, eli looked to have his crap together. his receivers failed him on at least 6 passes. luckily matt moore played awful. and yeah, the defense played amazing in the 2nd half, after fewell let them loose.

after indy's loss to houston, the giants better be prepared for an insane passing attack, so phillips especially better bring his a-game and not try to lazily jump routes.

#34 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

after indy's loss to houston, the giants better be prepared for an insane passing attack, so phillips especially better bring his a-game and not try to lazily jump routes.

The Giants have such a huge upper hand this week and can run and control the clock so that "the other" Manning barely gets on the field.

Edited by MantaRay, 16 September 2010 - 01:27 PM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#35 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:58 PM

if the giants can run the ball without making mistakes and Eli executes the play action, I can see the Giants winning. I have a feeling it is going to be a shootout. I predict 37-31 Giants over the Colts.

#36 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:53 PM

I heard on WFAN that there is a rumor going around that Jacobs wants to get traded this season or Coughlin wants to trade him after the helmet incident yesterday

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

I heard on WFAN that there is a rumor going around that Jacobs wants to get traded this season or Coughlin wants to trade him after the helmet incident yesterday

Not sure who is going to want him at this point. His salary, diminished play, and lack of composure aren't exactly selling points.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:13 AM

I am scared to think of how many yards CJ is gonna gash the G-MEN for....they better step up Sunday

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#39 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

I have no clue what to think of the Giants right now. Is Carolina that bad? Or is Indianapolis that good? Or are we that mediocre? This week could be the litmus test for just how truly good or bad we are, as it is against a very average (maybe slightly above) team in my opinion.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

i hate to admit it, especially as a devout Giants fan, but I think at best wer are a .500 team :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users