The death of rock radio in NYC...again...

thelastonealive

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrxp was getting in my nerves. They only played a handfull of songs, they had no original programming, it was boring listen the same songs every day .. no new or obscure songs, no DJ talking sh!t, it was same the same mainstream rock always.

I'm not gonna say that i won't miss WRXP because right now the NY area just have the 104.3 for rock music, an like WRXP they tend to play the same songs every day.

But i feel like WRXP didn't even tried to make it happen , how hard can it bee to find some DJ's and put some original programming on air.

Luckily we still WFMU we when need to listen to some weird sh!t...

Wrxp was getting in my nerves. They only played a handfull of songs, they had no original programming, It was boring listen the same songs every day .. no new or obscure songs, no DJ talking sh!t, it was same the same mainstream rock always.

I'm not gonna say that i won't miss WRXP because right now the NY area just have the 104.3 for rock music, an like WRXP they tend to play the same songs every day.

But i feel like WRXP didn't even tried to make it happen , how hard can it bee to find some DJ's and put some original programming on air.

Luckily we still WFMU we when need to listen to some weird sh!t...

If I hear Billy Joel singing "Captain Jack" one more time I'm going to take a sledgehammer to my car radio.

If I hear Billy Joel singing "Captain Jack" one more time I'm going to take a sledgehammer to my car radio.

Haha +1

Also, is it just me or does it seem like 2-3 times a day they have a "Get the Led Out" hour devoted to Led Zeppelin songs? Carol Miller seems to love them and if I have to hear her stupid voice (she sounds like Carrie Fisher at this point) I will also take a sledgehammer to my car radio. I'm tired of always having to listen to them and Bruce on the station playing non-stop.

Edited by DevsMan84

Haha I used to listen to 104.3 at my old job all the time and those are the same reasons why I switched to 101.9 before the first time it was taken down. The recent reincarnation of 101.9 really hasn't impressed me though. They do play a lot of the same songs and they play a lot of that softer new rock that just isn't my style. I miss K-Rock. :(