Post Lockout Trades/Signings Thread

Triumph

Denver news reports on O'Reilly

Ryan O’Reilly: the counterargument

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/13/ryan-oreilly-the-counterargument/12557/

5 million dollars a year? I don't buy that. Maybe he wants 5 million in the final year of a contract taking him to/past UFA status but I don't think he's getting 5 million AVG anywhere. Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

5 million dollars a year? I don't buy that. Maybe he wants 5 million in the final year of a contract taking him to/past UFA status but I don't think he's getting 5 million AVG anywhere.

That sounds like 'I'd like to leave' talk.

All these offers would be laughed at.  Josefson + Tallinder + Gelinas + something else for O'Reilly + a contract the Avs don't want (O'Brien, O'Byrne, Hunwick, take your pick) might get you in the door, but I think the Avs would want something better, and I think there's teams out there who could give it to them.  NJ doesn't really have that 'wow' player available.

Edited by Triumph

There are going to be a lot more holdouts with this new cba.  Teams are going to have to stick to their guns cause they can't hide money through extended contracts and players are going to hold out for what they think they're worth.  This is not good news for the Devils.  Our history when it comes to these things isn't good.  

5 million dollars a year? I don't buy that. Maybe he wants 5 million in the final year of a contract taking him to/past UFA status but I don't think he's getting 5 million AVG anywhere.

Yeah whether its true or not, the factor will be a trade the Avs desire and ROR agrees upon.  Does ROR want the play on the Jets or Leafs or a constant eastern conf. contender like the Devs? It appears many are interested...

There are going to be a lot more holdouts with this new cba.  Teams are going to have to stick to their guns cause they can't hide money through extended contracts and players are going to hold out for what they think they're worth.  This is not good news for the Devils.  Our history when it comes to these things isn't good.  

Our history with holdouts is pretty awesome.  Devils haven't had any problems under the old CBA and I don't anticipate them to have any in this one.

I don't think the aves can ask for more than JJ and tallinder honestly. It sounds like he wants out of Colorado and that's why he's asking for that unrealistic contract. I also think other gms know the situation Colorado is in and will low ball them a bit. Similar to the kovy and Nash situations their gm is just going to take the best offer eventually. Maybe it's a little better than JJ and tallinder but I can't see it being much more for an unsigned player who has really only had 1 stand out season

any way we could get a pick from Colorado would be fantastic especially a 2nd round pick from them, they should finish low and the first half of the 2nd round is supposed to still have good players in it

that being said they'd be trading an unsigned player who wants out they are losing leverage there you have to think of that

Edited by SterioDesign

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415882. Jarmo Kekalainen is the new GM of Columbus. Not surprising, JD is very fond of Jarmo. He also becomes the first European GM in NHL history. GREAT hire. Kekalainen is responsible for drafting just about that entire young core in St. Louis. Columbus fans should be dancing jigs that they have competent people finally running their organization.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415882. Jarmo Kekalainen is the new GM of Columbus. Not surprising, JD is very fond of Jarmo. He also becomes the first European GM in NHL history. GREAT hire. Kekalainen is responsible for drafting just about that entire young core in St. Louis. Columbus fans should be dancing jigs that they have competent people finally running their organization.

Yep, outstanding hire. They have 3 1st rounders next year (2013 draft). I imagine they trade at least one of em before this season is out, but Columbus made probably the best move they could've today.

In other news, Andrew Brunette just retired and will be taking a job with the Wild's front office.

Edited by ghdi

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415882. Jarmo Kekalainen is the new GM of Columbus. Not surprising, JD is very fond of Jarmo. He also becomes the first European GM in NHL history. GREAT hire. Kekalainen is responsible for drafting just about that entire young core in St. Louis. Columbus fans should be dancing jigs that they have competent people finally running their organization.Yep, outstanding hire. They have 3 1st rounders next year (2013 draft). I imagine they trade at least one of em before this season is out, but Columbus made probably the best move they could've today.In other news, Andrew Brunette just retired and will be taking a job with the Wild's front office.

. With JD and Jarmo, I expect that team to be consistently good within 3 years. They did a fantastic job resurrecting the Blues and infusing them with young talent. I think this will be a turning point day for that organization when we look back on it a few years down the road.

That's true.  The last holdout I remember is Niedermayer back in the late 90's, early 2000's.

Arnott and Niedermayer held out the same year.  And the Devils went to the Cup Finals that year. 

Columbus has a lot of work to do to get good.  They have to throw out a lot of bad contracts.  That Jack Johnson deal has to be first on the chopping block though I don't know who is stupid enough to take that on.

I don't think the aves can ask for more than JJ and tallinder honestly. It sounds like he wants out of Colorado and that's why he's asking for that unrealistic contract. I also think other gms know the situation Colorado is in and will low ball them a bit. Similar to the kovy and Nash situations their gm is just going to take the best offer eventually. Maybe it's a little better than JJ and tallinder but I can't see it being much more for an unsigned player who has really only had 1 stand out season

The Rangers paid way, way more for Nash, a player on a ridiculous contract, than JJ and Tallinder.  Kovalchuk is a classic four nickels for a quarter sort of move but Atlanta had to move him.  Colorado can just sit on O'Reilly for a while, there will be teams throwing offers at Colorado left and right.

I agree 100%.

Pretty much every team would be able to make that offer though. We'd probably have to give up someone like Larsson to get their attention plus that. Look what the Flyers got for Carter and Richards who were both on worse contracts than what RoR's gonna get and were a few years older. Without Larsson, every team could match JJ and Tallinder and Merrill and Gelinas and whoever else. The Leafs could say oh we'll trade Morgan Rielly and then we have no chance outside of Larsson which I wouldn't do 

I agree 100%.

Pretty much every team would be able to make that offer though. We'd probably have to give up someone like Larsson to get their attention plus that. Look what the Flyers got for Carter and Richards who were both on worse contracts than what RoR's gonna get and were a few years older. Without Larsson, every team could match JJ and Tallinder and Merrill and Gelinas and whoever else. The Leafs could say oh we'll trade Morgan Rielly and then we have no chance outside of Larsson which I wouldn't do 

. Yeah Larsson's a non-starter. I wouldn't trade Larsson or Henrique for anyone. They're the two young untouchables.