201 replies to this topic

#41 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,671 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Tannehill was very impressive. I'm becoming a believer.

Imagine where we'd be if we had even an average kicker.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#42 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,071 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Tannehill was very impressive. I'm becoming a believer.

Imagine where we'd be if we had even an average kicker.

. I told ya brother. Just gotta be patient. He's still gonna make his mistakes, all rookies do- but the kid sure looks like a gamer, that's very evident.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#43 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,671 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

. I told ya brother. Just gotta be patient. He's still gonna make his mistakes, all rookies do- but the kid sure looks like a gamer, that's very evident.

Still want to see how he performs against the Patriots and San Fran.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#44 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,071 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Still want to see how he performs against the Patriots and San Fran.

. Those will be great measuring stick games. He's done well against pretty good defenses on the road in Arizona and Cincy, so that's very encouraging. The 49ers may have the best defense in the business, so that will be a great test.

#45 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,671 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

. Those will be great measuring stick games. He's done well against pretty good defenses on the road in Arizona and Cincy, so that's very encouraging. The 49ers may have the best defense in the business, so that will be a great test.

Not even so much because they have good defenses, but to see if he can keep pace with offensively explosive teams.
Posted Image

#46 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

Not even so much because they have good defenses, but to see if he can keep pace with offensively explosive teams.

. If the defense does it's job, he won't have to. :P But yeah, I agree. That's another way to look at it.

#47 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

It will be interesting to see how Miami's O-line fares against the impressive St. Louis pass rush.

Love Jeff Fisher and what he brings to a team.

Edited by MantaRay, 08 October 2012 - 11:30 AM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#48 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

It will be interesting to see how Miami's O-line fares against the impressive St. Louis pass rush.

Love Jeff Fisher and what he brings to a team.

. I like Fisher too, I was disappointed when he chose the Rams over the Fins (although I'm happy with Philbin so far). St. Louis is a very improved team- this will be a tough game. Glad we have it in our house in the heat and humidity.

#49 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

. I like Fisher too, I was disappointed when he chose the Rams over the Fins (although I'm happy with Philbin so far). St. Louis is a very improved team- this will be a tough game. Glad we have it in our house in the heat and humidity.

I don't blame Fisher for passing on the Fins, he would not have as much control over personnel. He wanted to avoid the owner calling the draft picks (e.g. Vince Young), Rams gave him that. Fins would not.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#50 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,671 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

I don't blame Fisher for passing on the Fins, he would not have as much control over personnel. He wanted to avoid the owner calling the draft picks (e.g. Vince Young), Rams gave him that. Fins would not.

To be fair to Ross, he hasn't made personnel decisions, much less draft decisions, so far as I know.
Posted Image

#51 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

haha imagine if Ross was selecting our draft picks? Im actually really glad there has been no Jeff Ireland talk in this thread, Its pointless and its :horse:
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#52 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,071 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

To be fair to Ross, he hasn't made personnel decisions, much less draft decisions, so far as I know.

. No he hasn't. That's all Jeff Ireland. Ross has also gotten rid of the orange carpet and stopped with the stupid Fins Up sh!t. He's actually listened to the fans. Credit must be given where it's due.

#53 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

No, I know its Ireland, but it's all about Fisher having more control over picks, Ireland would be calling the shots in Miami.

I just used the Vince Young example, because that was the last straw for Fisher in Tennessee.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#54 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,071 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

No, I know its Ireland, but it's all about Fisher having more control over picks, Ireland would be calling the shots in Miami.

I just used the Vince Young example, because that was the last straw for Fisher in Tennessee.

. Yeah, that's what it came down to. Fisher wanted final say, and Ross didn't want to take final say away from Ireland. Fisher claimed that he really liked and respected Ireland after all the interviews (even said he would bring him to St. Louis if he could- who knows if he actually meant any of it, but why go out of your way to even bother saying these things when you have no reason to really, unless they're true) but ultimately, he wanted to pick the players himself wherever he was. St. Louis gave him that opportunity, the Dolphins didn't.

#55 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,012 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

The Dolphins have been one of my favourite gambling teams over the last 10-12 weeks dating back to last year. I haven't seen that much of Tannehill this year, and he might be a real keeper moving forward, but this was a solid team last year after their brutal start but this team finished last year 6-3 down the stretch. Those 3 losses included a very tough (but very close) loss to Dallas on Thanksgiving, where they probably win that game 9/10, and a 3 point loss at New England.

The thing was, Matt Moore was really damn impressive over those 9 weeks with a 15/5 TD/INT ratio. Sparano had those guys playing damn hard at the end. So I don't know if this team has changed much with the new coach and QB, but it seems like a similar team playing close games and losing a few they probably should have won. So far Tennehill has a 2/6 ratio through 5 games, and maybe a few mistakes cost them some games. Not saying Moore would have reproduced what he did last year, but you could make a case that this team could be even better with Moore at QB. Maybe not. I'll leave that up to the guys that watch every snap here.

Edited by devilsrule33, 10 October 2012 - 12:22 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#56 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

It will be an interesting battle with St Louis as both teams seem to be on the verge of moving up in the rankings.

I am a believer in the Rams right now, just based on their coaching.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#57 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,071 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

It will be an interesting battle with St Louis as both teams seem to be on the verge of moving up in the rankings.

I am a believer in the Rams right now, just based on their coaching.

. Yeah, plus they lost Gregg Williams and the defense has played well anyway. The Rams have been impressive. We'll have our work cut out for us. Also, 2 great Dolphins get inducted into the Ring of Honor at halftime- Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor. A well-deserved honor for 2 of the best defensive players in team history. I hope we can get a win for those guys.

#58 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

I think the Rams / Dolphins game is one of the most intriguing for me to watch (after the Ravens destroy Dallas).
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#59 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,671 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Nice win. Couldn't watch the game except for highlites on Red Zone. Tannehill's stats looked good. Maybe we get a true game breaking receiver or TE next year.
Posted Image

#60 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Great win today, here is a vid of the last missed field goal at the bar i go too. Go Fins!!

Edited by estreetcrew3, 14 October 2012 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users