Rangers Embrace Female Fans

sassquash

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nicholasschwartz/the-new-york-rangers-published-an-incredibly-demea-7a5h

In an effort to assist what the New York Rangers apparently perceive to be an uninformed female fanbase, the Rangers posted a "Girl's Guide to Watching the Rangers" on the Blueshirts United section of their official website today. The guide was written by a community contributor, but after fierce criticism in the comments section and on Twitter by female and male Rangers fans alike, it was yanked from the website less than 90 minutes after it was published.

It's a pretty funny piece about the perceived intellect of a supposed female hockey fan.. The funny part to me is that of the Rags fans I know the more knowledgeable and reality based are actually the females.

To be frank, I dont like talking to a lot of male hockey fans in real life. They dont know what they're talking about and you have to be all nice and agree half heartedly with them so you don't damage their fragile egos. I have a real hard time with it.

Men are very general and women are very detail oriented. Men tend to forget little things and women cling to them and seek their reparation at the soonest possible instance.

Oh^&*$@67 an optical migrain... I get thesethings -- I can't see a feckin' thing for 20 minutes. beats the sh!t out of areal one but still... can't see sh!t -- I'm done for now...

rangers suck -- I guess we'll have to leabve it alt that

That is hilarious! They might as well have started with, "Listen up you dumb broads!"

BTW...what "records" has the Queen broken? And I highly doubt his face would be on the quarter. Jeter would be on the quarter, Eli Manning would be on the dime...the Queen might have a shot at the penny or the little used Sackajaweeah dollar.

PK, a lot of people don't know what YOU'RE talking about...the male fans you're referring to can probably only take so much rambling before they start tuning you out...

As for the Ranger thing, what they really should've done was something along the lines of "Ranger hockey for dummies", which could've potentially brought in new fans from BOTH sides, without completely alienating their female fans. That whole thing was just stupid on so many levels...sexist and full of stereotyping, and pretty much guaranteed to offend.

Men are very general and women are very detail oriented. Men tend to forget little things and women cling to them and seek their reparation at the soonest possible instance.

After living with a woman for two years, this is the truest thing I've ever read. "What do you mean you don't remember?! I specifically recall telling you last March that my cousin's friend's baby's sitter's nephew spent a year eating granola and hiking with a guy who knew a guy who bought a car from someone who sold Ben Affleck his first Pontiac, and that this car salesman gave my uncle his first job, and that's why you have to pretend you saw Argo any time my uncle mentions GM vehicles while watching football games shown during prime time in which the home team hails from the Pacific time zone. I can't believe you'd forget that!!"

• Like 2

After living with a woman for two years, this is the truest thing I've ever read. "What do you mean you don't remember?! I specifically recall telling you last March that my cousin's friend's baby's sitter's nephew spent a year eating granola and hiking with a guy who knew a guy who bought a car from someone who sold Ben Affleck his first Pontiac, and that this car salesman gave my uncle his first job, and that's why you have to pretend you saw Argo any time my uncle mentions GM vehicles while watching football games shown during prime time in which the home team hails from the Pacific time zone. I can't believe you'd forget that!!"

You may have heard the old joke "How do always remember your wife's birthday/your anniversary?"

Forget it ONCE!

Depends on the man and woman, as far as the other thing goes...in my house, I'm the one with the better memory for things large and small, while my wife tends to forget more of the "little things", and be a bit more general...she's not one to keep a filing cabinet of things to hold against me at a later date (but I know that kind). But if anything, I think regardless of who is the detail person and who isn't, I think most relationships have that ying and yang...as opposed to both being detail oriented (or neither).

PK, a lot of people don't know what YOU'RE talking about...the male fans you're referring to can probably only take so much rambling before they start tuning you out...

That's hillarious. :rofl:

:mellow:

DiG -- it's hell for us, it really is. I see it as a flaw and it eats at US not you guys. and it sucks that I see I do that with hockey too!! Men can let go and say tomorrow is another game and things have a new chance to click but women want to get in there and fix things. I DO know when things just need to click... but it's so hard to not want to see the source of a problem beyond merely fixing it.

So is it a guy thing to just want to get rid of people and replace them with something new? I tend to want to salvage what we have mroe often than not...

Does Lou think like a chick? I so see the female imprint on Stevens - like you can see he's got a female soundtrack bitching at him in his head and he LISTENS!!

To be frank, I dont like talking to a lot of male hockey fans in real life. They dont know what they're talking about and you have to be all nice and agree half heartedly with them so you don't damage their fragile egos. I have a real hard time with it.

Oh^&*$@67 an optical migrain... I get thesethings -- I can't see a feckin' thing for 20 minutes. beats the sh!t out of areal one but still... can't see sh!t -- I'm done for now...

rangers suck -- I guess we'll have to leabve it alt that

Lose the stereotypes. Men forget details, but women don't? That's absurd. Just as absurd as this guide the Rags put out. I'm male, I'm extremely detail oriented. Does that matter? Not really, but point is, women and men aren't anything, so don't force them to be what you think they are.

Rangers did something like this last year in some of the local papers (I think it was more of a press release than an actual article written by the paper)... It was something aimed to getting non-hockey fans to bandwagon onto the Rangers; I think it was called "Bandwagoners' Guide To New York Hockey" in the sports section of the New York Times, right after they beat Ottawa..

Men and women actually do think differently - scientific fact. Right down to the most basic biological reactions. When men climax there is a huge spike in brain activity When women do all activity stops for a few seconds. How cool is that?

AND - I dont take any of this stuff that seriously - all that Men are from Mars Women are from Venus jargon.

Men can be very detail oriented don't get me wrong. I'm not saying men are Oscar and women are Felix. Men hold grudges as much as any woman. I'm just saying it is a scientific fact that their approach to problem identification and solution is different. I think a lot of the counseling mumbo jumbo is really NOT helpful and you guys seem to think I'm refering to that. Links below articulate what I'm talking about more clearly. It's all very inexact though.

http://www.livescience.com/3808-men-women-differently.html

http://www.economist.com/node/7245949