OOT Thread

Daniel

Man, 1 goal and 0 assists for Parise in his last eight games, after putting up 5 goals and 4 assists in his first five. 

9 goals in the last 7 GP for the Wild.  That's like 2010-11 Devils bad.

And a .791 save% for Brian Elliot in his last four games.  He's now down to an .849 save% overall this season.  Even 80s bad wasn't THAT bad. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

This is devastating as a hockey fan. The NHL seems so regional that we just don't enjoy players on other teams like we do in the NBA, NFL, or MLB. I was just about to make a post about Karlsson today. Seeing him live in person almost every game this year has just been the most enjoyable thing ever as a fan of hockey. Right now he is the player worth paying money to see, and I can't think of any other player in all my years as a fan of the NHL that is this special to watch. Just the skill and the way he thinks the game. The creativity. It's ridiculous.

This just sucks. 

Given his name and history, everyone is gonna want to look at this and say he did it intentionally. I truly believe it was just a freak accident and it happened to involve Matt Cooke. You guys catch when Neil punched Cooke in the mouth and then he spit his teeth out on the ice? That was bad@ss.

I just watched the vid a few times. Looks accidental. It's easy to say Cooke looked at his foot, or lifted his leg on purpose when you rewatch a slow motion replay, but in real time there's really no way I think it was done with intent.

Exactly. That would be some skill if you knew exactly where to position your leg to lacerate an Achilles tendon.

I've concluded that Cooke without a doubt didn't INTEND to hurt Karlsson. But the play was reckless. It was basically a non-attentive play by Cooke. Not a malicious one. But I understand why the Sens were as upset as they were, they just lost the best defenseman on the planet for the season. I'd be livid too.

Chicago... great skating & passing

They look like they've finally got some of their depth back now and ready post-Thrashawks. If Crawford can play in the playoffs like he did against Vancouver 2 years ago where he almost singlehandedly got them to the 2nd round, watch out