Leafs, Devs, Bruins trying to land Bouwmeester..

Elias26

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any chance we can add multi-quote on the next board update, DM? it's a great feature.

The best way to do it is to hit quote, Add reply and immediately do it for each quote in under 60 seconds... they will all appear in the same post... you can then edit that post and write in your comments for each quote.

After 60 seconds you will get all new posts for each quote.

Florida is going to look for Parise +, Paul Martin +, or all our good young farm players.

Petr Vrana, Nicklas Bergfors, Travis Zajac, Johnny Oduya, Matt Corrente, Brian Gionta and Alexander Vasyunov are the players NJ is no doubt offering in some sort of package.

The best way to do it is to hit quote, Add reply and immediately do it for each quote in under 60 seconds... they will all appear in the same post... you can then edit that post and write in your comments for each quote.

After 60 seconds you will get all new posts for each quote.

AH. I was wondering about that. Must increase my typing speed.

Asking price for Bouwmeester is Parise straight up or some package like Zajac + Gionta + Corrente + 1st.

Some of the proposals in this thread are laughable.

Yeah I know. The Devils would NEVER trade Parise, who would think that :rofl: and wouldn't give up that much for a player.

Edited by Prucenterrules

I guess 24-year old, all-around #1 defensemen grow on trees these days.

You are making him sound like God. I would not trade Parise for Bouwmeester, thats way out of the question. This team needs offense more than defense right now, and selling Parise (and/or more) for Bouwmeester is a joke.

You are making him sound like God. I would not trade Parise for Bouwmeester, thats way out of the question. This team needs offense more than defense right now, and selling Parise (and/or more) for Bouwmeester is a joke.
I didn't realize he was jesus on skates...please trade whole team for one player go.

Not sure how Zajac, coming off a 34 point season, and Gionta, a UFA to be, plus a prospect and a pick qualifies as the "whole team", but whatever.

I guess you guys are quite ignorant of how good Bouwmeester really is. He's 6'4", one of the best skaters in the league, a rock in his own end, and a good powerplay quarterback. I can't think of one defenseman in the league that combines his size, skating ability, and two-way prowess. Pronger, but no one else really. Jay-Bo is already a top 15 defenseman in the NHL, and will be top 5 within a couple years time. Trading for him would be a tremendous boon to the franchise.

Parise had 33 goals last year, Bouwmeester 15. Also consider that Bouwmeester's puck-moving ability and powerplay skills will lead to an increase in goals for a number of Devils forwards. Additionally, he'd take pressure off of players like Paul Martin and Johnny Oduya, allowing them to harness their offensive skills to a greater degree. So yeah, not really seeing how it would be a joke.

I guess expecting objectivity from some of the posters here is a bit too much.

Edited by Voros19

I would agree with Voros Parise for Bouwmeester is a fair deal for both sides.

Are you kidding me????

That would be pure stupidity. That would be a pure Garth Snow type of move. Lou would never be that silly.

Don't overrate Bouwmeester.

Edited by MantaRay

Are you kidding me????

That would be pure stupidity. That would be a pure Garth Snow type of move. Lou would never be that silly.

Don't overrate Bouwmeester.

or overrate Parise. Which player would get more if both were made unrestricted free agents today? It would be JBO by 15% or so most likely. They're both great young players but there are more great young forwards in the league then great young defenseman.

If we traded Voros and Parise for Bouwmeester I would seriously cry. That would be by far the worst trade in Devils history.

Voros is a Ranger and he isn't very good anyway so even if he was a Devil including him in any deal wouldn't matter.

or overrate Parise. Which player would get more if both were made unrestricted free agents today? It would be JBO by 15% or so most likely. They're both great young players but there are more great young forwards in the league then great young defenseman.

Voros is a Ranger and he isn't very good anyway so even if he was a Devil including him in any deal wouldn't matter.

Send them Gionta, Zajac (or Corrente) and a #1 and get it done.

This string has gotten absolutely ridiculous. It's absurd to think Florida would be looking for Parise and/or Martin, both under contract beyond this season, our top forward and our top D, for JBO, likely under contract for this season only. Florida will attempt to cut their losses, and they'll take the best deal (IF they can't sign JBO long term), but that deal won't be for a team's best player. Forget that notion.

Florida may want picks or young players, but come on people, Parise??? He's our only 30 goal scorer and will likely develop into an 80-point guy.

I can imaging them inquiring about Zajac (since he had an off-year), Gionta (since he's not terribly expensive for a potential first line guy at 4m and NJ could conceivably live without him), Oduya (if they think he will continue to develop), Corrente, Bergfors, 1st and 2nd round draft picks, etc.

Otherwise, they're not going to ask for Brodeur, Parise, Martin, so on and so forth, unless their GM is out of his gord and entirely out of touch with his own situation.

JBO can't walk on water, but he is a rare breed, and I really think it would be a great acquisition, and as I said yesterday, would gladly give up farm prospects, and probably even a 1st round pick to get him (since our picks are usually low first round anyway, and JBO is now a bona fide top-pair guy, and is only 24 or 25 yrs old).

But please, these Parise comments are completely off the mark. That would never, ever happen.

If you are Florida and dealing Bouwmeester you MUST ask for Parise.

For this trade to make any sense for the Devils it would have to be done to NOT include Parise, but to suggest that they are not fair value, or a trade like this would be one of the "worst trades in Devil history", is just plain wrong.

Remember the Shannhan for Pronger trade? Shanny was a 27 year old all-star who had twice scored 50 goals. Pronger was a 21/22 year old who wasn't anywhere close to what Bouwmeester is today. Just wondering...how did that trade turn out?

Some of you said it, a youg d-man who could potentitally be a Norris trophy winner down the road is worth more than all but the very very best young forwards. No knock against Parise, but he is not in that category. To be honest, there are only a handful of guys who fall into that category...two of them play for Pitt and one in Washington.

Edited by bg.