Vanek wants out of Buffalo.

TheMazz

Top five goalies imo the five elite. Luongo. Lundqvist. Howard. Rinne. Quick.

Not taking in right now or new ones like tukka or bob. I want to put Anderson on their but I Dont feel he's tht tier. Yet.

I think lundqvist is a top 5 or 10 goalie, but I will say that many people who are actually goalies will tell you he's not that great. I've heard from many people that he relies way to much on his size (big pads) and positioning, rather than skill and athleticism. Quick seems to be the goalie many young goaltenders want to be like.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think lundqvist is a top 5 or 10 goalie, but I will say that many people who are actually goalies will tell you he's not that great. I've heard from many people that he relies way to much on his size (big pads) and positioning, rather than skill and athleticism. Quick seems to be the goalie many young goaltenders want to be like.

Yeah thanks that and they have three goalies constantly that whole defense plays goalie.

Top five goalies imo the five elite. Luongo. Lundqvist. Howard. Rinne. Quick.

Not taking in right now or new ones like tukka or bob. I want to put Anderson on their but I Dont feel he's tht tier. Yet.

I'd disagree on Lundqvist and Howard...putting Howard there is like saying James Reimer is elite

Back to the old-school butterfly/stand-up debate, I'm curious how effective Quick can play the way he plays, I'd imagine it strains the legs and muscles to play like that for many years.

Howard?!?!?!?! Agree with the others, but Howard is likely not even top 15 imo.

How is howard not in there? Did you see the defense Detroit ran out this year? 

And the Lundqvist hate is kinda embarrassing. Yeah you can think he's not the best, that's fine, but for some to say he's not top 5 or even 10 just makes you look biased more than anything. Though Bob's winning the Vezina this year and should probably win the hart  :boogie:

Guys like Rask, Price, even Reimer based on this season, along w/ Bob have to be considered for the top 10 though. And Quick I'd probably still take in the top 5 but his season this year was bad news bears off the back surgery

Edited by DH26

i think the best scenario would be the rags trading their first round pick and stepan for a year of vanek to torpedo their improving team. 

Back to the old-school butterfly/stand-up debate, I'm curious how effective Quick can play the way he plays, I'd imagine it strains the legs and muscles to play like that for many years.

Yes, it is well known that butterflies have a considerable shorter career due to the strain the hips and knees take from dropping down violently. It's probably why Brodeur is so healthy for so long.

It is absurd that some people still Wong consider Lundqvist a top 3 goalie in the league.

I know we hate the rangers but c'mon, when you talk hockey- talk smart. He continues to blank other teams ALL THE TIME.

Quick, Rinne, & Miller haven't done that consistently all year. The Queen hasn't had stellar players in front of him either.

Even if your argument was his pads (which is such a rivals point of view) than why aren't other goalies doing it.

Tryst me, i hate him. But face it, he's a top 3 goalie. If you don't agree than you have to be considered a homer

I'm sure buffalo would ask for a goalie prospect in return if they were to give up miller

Why would Buffalo want another goalie prospect when they have Hackett? Isn't he supposed to be pretty good? Not to mention you have Enroth waiting for his shot to be a starter in the NHL.

I love to trade for both Vanek and Miller but getting both I'd say is completely unrealistic. We'd be lucky to get Vanek. Haha. I also don't think the return for a potential Vanek deal should be anything too huge. Look at what a player like Kovy fetched. Same boat as Vanek and I'd argue that Kovalchuk is 10x the player as Vanek.

Edited by TheMazz

I think the lust for Miller is the assumption that after this upcoming season at 6.5 mil his price will drop to maybe 3.5~5.0 per. He'd also be good (you'd assume) for 3 or 4 more years @ 60 or so games per year, too. Let's say 3 :) Not sure of the whole story around Halak in St. Louis but obviously he's sitting and both of their guys are getting 3.5 or so per year as well, so Halak might be just as easy to pry loose. I don't think Halak has played more than 50 games twice though, so with him you really would need to think hard about who gets maybe half the games. Would be good for the kids if they're ready, but maybe not for the team. Miller just screams 'safe bet for the next 4 years' in my opinion.

And Lundquist is definitely top 5 material, even without a single 40 win season and those couch cushions.