New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

I guess I'm crazy then. I've said it before the Devils don't have a culture of having one superstar and then a bunch of role players. If anything the Devils is the example of "team" sports. Everyone on the team has a defined role and fulfills that. That's probably one of the reasons Kovy would be by himself trying to rush the puck up ice against four opposing players. Kovy's role on this team will be that of a team player, not the superstar that he is used too.

Hmm that's strange because I'm pretty sure Parise put up 45/49 two years ago as a "team player". If Parise can do it, Kovalchuk can also.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly... if he signs in LA, we should get someone to sit on his babies.

Colbert's thumbs up really make this post!

:unsure: with clips of him holding it as a devils :boogie:

But Niedermayer is the jackass that STARTED all this off-season traumavation! It's been an annual event ever since.

I just don't think the Devils play an open style that Kovy is used to scoring in. If Mac and the others decide to go with a more open style there is chance that he could score 40 plus goals and 30 plus assists but that's it. Kovy only had one season of 50+ goals and 40+ assists. He's only reached 90 points twice as well.

There's two sides to this:

If you allow him to play his game the way the Thrashers/JL allowed he can get 40 goals, but this also means we are probably giving up 3-4 goals a game. This and Parise, Elias and Arnott #'s go down as they see the puck too infrequently while Kovy attempts to do everything himself.

The other side of this coin is he plays on the third line and just does his thing against weaker opponents and maybe some PP time on the second unit.

But since he doesn't want to be here, who cares?

Hmm that's strange because I'm pretty sure Parise put up 45/49 two years ago as a "team player". If Parise can do it, Kovalchuk can also.

And Mogilny had a big year in '00-01...43 goals, forget how many assists. Elias had a 96-point season that same year I think.

Why are people so hung up on this? So we're his second choice, big whoop. The Yankees were CC Sabathia's sixth or seventh choice last offseason, how did that work out?

wow are you serious? thanks. 99.9% of the board couldnt figure that out about this team so glad you were here to share

:troll1: Let's settle down...there's no need to turn on eachother.........yet....

I feel like this whole event could totally have been recorded and produced as a reality show, by the way. It has enough drama to satisfy even the most drama-obsessed MTV fans!

http://michellekenneth.wordpress.com/2010/07/13/2026/

i agree with everything michelle says here, i'm still certain devils are going to sign kovie when he realizes there is no other money to be had.

I actually really enjoyed that article. IDK what her sources are or if she is credible but it was still a nice read.

I personally don't buy in to what she said and I think the King players would love to have him on their team.

Edited by ben00rs

There's two sides to this:

If you allow him to play his game the way the Thrashers/JL allowed he can get 40 goals, but this also means we are probably giving up 3-4 goals a game. This and Parise, Elias and Arnott #'s go down as they see the puck too infrequently while Kovy attempts to do everything himself.

The other side of this coin is he plays on the third line and just does his thing against weaker opponents and maybe some PP time on the second unit.

You think you're voicing your displeasure with the use of a finesse player -- but you're not. You're voicing your distrust of the ineffable system. You're trying to force the Ineffable System into an effable stifling mode. I am the keeper of the Ineffable System. I am one of the few who truly understand it. Dare I say - I understand it's inner workings better than Scott Stevens and Lou himself? I dare because Scotty over played at times. and Lou over-thought on coaching for a time there - Lou has learned his lesson though. ANYHOW, That is why I'm so down on your opinion on this topic.

Just 'cause I feel like throwing sh*t against the wall to see if it sticks... consider if the Devils decided to go balls-out on offense this year. Say they sign Kovalchuk. Theoretically, they could put together lines that look something like this:

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Kovalchuk-Arnott-Zubrus

Rolston-Elias-Clarkson

combo of Tedenby/Josefsen/Pelley/PL3/Zharkov/Palmieri

Not exactly the most physically intimidating lineup to be sure, nor would it be easy to manage the egos of the players to accept changes in expected ice time, but would make for a fun time in video games. B )

Again, not expecting this - or even encouraging it - so please refrain from tons of posts pointing out its flaws. Just throwing it out there as a "in Bizarro World" thought.

:troll1: Let's settle down...there's no need to turn on eachother.........yet....

I feel like this whole event could totally have been recorded and produced as a reality show, by the way. It has enough drama to satisfy even the most drama-obsessed MTV fans!

Not enough fist pumping to satisfy MTV.

Also, I never had heard of a "fist pump" until people in OH told me that is what people from NJ do. I was like "O Rly?"

Perhaps.

I'm skeptical, though. Anyway, I don't think we're going to find out if he will flourish here.

As people have been noting, Oates could be able to figure out how to get Kovy to shine on the powerplay. Apparently he did the same thing with Stamkos in Tampa.

This whole Kovy thing is really getting old. I just about do not care anymore. Obviously all he cares about is the perfect contract for HIM. He doesnt care about playing for the devils or kings. its all about Kovy.

I actually really enjoyed that article. IDK what her sources are or if she is credible but it was still a nice read.

I personally don't buy in to what she said and I think the King players would love to have him on their team.

she's always right, doesn't make sh!t up. if she says they did something in LA, it must be true, let's see if Kovie hears about it.