Thank you Devils thread

'7'

I know many of you are going to want to kill me for this...but this game is over really. They came out strong, scored the first goal, had chances to put them away (5 straight powerplays!) and that was it. One stupid penalty by Hale was all it took, and Carolina swarmed like madmen around out tired team late in the 2nd.

Still, it was one heck of a run by everybody, this team was a machine the last month of the season. As old ghosts fade away (Rangers) new one's crop up (Carolina in OT). They accomplished more than anybody imagined this year. They willed a great season out of nothing. For that I say thank you.

The way this season started I never thought they would make the playoffs let alone get the atlantic division title.

I was laughing to myself yesterday thinking about the non goal goal in Philly. It was quite a ride and can't wait to see what we have in store for next year.

Now go buffalo.

Thank you devils for giving me an ulcer this year. :P

It was a great comeback at the end of the year. And we finally beat the Rangers in the playoffs.

Thank you for Stevens and Dano nights

I'll still drink my :koolaid:

ps. Go Buffalo!!!!!

Edited by Devs25

THANK YOU DEVILS!!!

As fans, you gave us a lot to be thankful for this year.

I think of that new year's eve game & thought it would be a very long year.

Then you turned it around & gave us a lot to cheer about.

My hilites:

Watching Kozlov in shootouts.

Elias returns with a vengeance

Gionta scores & scores & scores

Gomez continues to be a great play-maker.

Parise's rookie season, a lot to look forward to.

Incredible end to the regular season, with the Montreal division clincher to end it.

Sweeping of the rangers.

THANKS AGAIN, SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.

I just keep thinking back to November and December and how frustrated I was back then. This team went further than I ever dreamed they would go.

Thanks for keeping your heads up and fighting all the way until the end of the season in MTL.

No I agree Thank You for pulling the season outa your azz and getting into the playoffs.

But the lost to the Huuricanes :puke: .

I'll be pulling for Buff even though I think the Kanes will make it past them(JINX JINX)

I wasnt expecting too much from this Devs club,our coach had cancer,our best player had hepatitis,the best defenseman in the game left with nothing in return and our hall of fame leader had retired.We were left with more questions than answers to be sure.

There were some great thrills tho.The 2nd half run culminating in a Atlantic divison championship.The exorcising and embarrasment of the Rangers.The rise of Brian Gionta into an elite player...

That all said, this loss to the canes still stings.The effort in gm #1 and the bitter gift of game #2 ended the season too early.

Cant wait for training camp to open..........LETS GO DEVILS

As everyone has already said, with the struggles earlier in the season and losing our head coach, we have made something out of nothing. We've made a statement in the NHL, in my opinion. We've accomplished more then any team this year and pulled this far into the playoffs. I really thank the Devils for giving me one hell of a season, and as dissapointed as I am, I look forward to seeing what changes will be done in the off-season and I definately can't wait for next year.

All in all, good season. This hard to swallow right now, and it's depressing- but I'd like to thank the boys for giving us a lot of unexpected thrills this year. We won the division, and we swept the Rangers- great accomplishments that can't be overlooked or underappreciated.

No I agree Thank You for pulling the season outa your azz and getting into the playoffs.

But the lost to the Huuricanes :puke: .

I'll be pulling for Buff even though I think the Kanes will make it past them(JINX JINX)

I hope Buffalo bleeds those motherfvckers dry. fvck Carolina.

I really agree with Lou's thoughts on this. Even though not winning the Stanley Cup means failure and it is unacceptable, I am very proud of how this group of men bonded together to overcome many adversities during this tough transitional period. Thank You Devils! Look foward to next year!