307 replies to this topic

#261 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Well, he can't teleport to Newark and his family is over there so if 48 hours starts sometime on Saturday, he'll still be late by those standards anyway.

#262 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,885 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

What part of 'the KHL All-Star game is taking place AFTER ratification' don't you understand? Perhaps 731 is right, but the 48 hours to report is a rule that only Kovy really needs at this point, after everyone's been on notice for a week already and many teams have been skating in impromptu half-workouts.

It's not incumbent upon them to hold half-workouts, nor is it incumbent on them to begin training with the team, nor incumbent upon them to arrive where their team is located,etc. There is no CBA.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#263 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well, he can't teleport to Newark and his family is over there so if 48 hours starts sometime on Saturday, he'll still be late by those standards anyway.

Chelabinsyk is eleven hours ahead, and the KHL ASG is at 4 PM on Sunday. That's 5 PM Saturday, NJ time, nine hours after ratification becomes official (8 AM). I guess you could make the argument two hours to play the game makes eleven, then run on a plane and make another ten-hour or however long a flight it is. It'd be close, and take more than 24 hours post-ratification for him to get in at least.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 January 2013 - 06:34 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#264 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

TG

One Devil did think it would be a big deal, however, if Kovalchuk doesn’t report for training camp Sunday with the rest of his Devils’ teammates.

“It is,” longtime Devils forward Patrik Elias said. “We’re all supposed to report on Sunday, right?”

knew it...

Edited by SterioDesign, 10 January 2013 - 06:42 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#265 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Chelabinsyk is eleven hours ahead, and the KHL ASG is at 4 PM on Sunday. That's 5 PM Saturday, NJ time, nine hours after ratification becomes official (8 AM). I guess you could make the argument two hours to play the game makes eleven, then run on a plane and make another ten-hour or however long a flight it is. It'd be close, and take more than 24 hours post-ratification for him to get in at least.

Traktor is in the middle of nowhere, it's at least two flights and you'd have to go pick up the family. I doubt he's just going to leave them there. I wouldn't.

#266 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Patty is right... I understand kovy wants to play the ASG for the fans.... but Patty still right on that point

#267 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'm just waiting on a comment from Lou, if says its ok I will believe he has mellowed and is retiring soon. But if it is the Lou that we know he might just say you want to stay so bad were fining you! We will see, ya don't want to piss off Lou!

Edited by Devs1965, 10 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#268 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Come on people, these quotes were intended for Russian audiences in order to appease them. Not a loosely translated English version that was meant for us. He is coming back and obviously he wants to play in this all star game with Datsyuk so we will wait until then. When Ilya gets here you will get the interview that is intended for Devil fans. I am not worried whatsoever.

YES!!!! This ^^^^

#269 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

But wow, didn't realize how far Chelyabinsk is from Moscow. I just took a similarly long flight from a bit further out near that region, been jetlagged for 2 weeks. I still don't think this is as big of a deal as the media is making it to be, but on a personal level, it's not smart to make that trip 5 days before puckdrop. Your body needs a while to get back some normalcy, aside from the obvious jetlag...

#270 hoekster316

hoekster316

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

In TG's interview with Bryce Salvador, he perfectly sums up the situation with Kovy: "I think he’s just trying to make everybody happy. It’s a tough situation to be in."
(http://blogs.northje..._all-star_game/)

Fellow Devils fans need to stop being so damn sensitive and cut Kovy some slack. We'll all be rooting for him come 1/19. Drop the puck!

Edited by hoekster316, 10 January 2013 - 09:38 PM.

Got Bling?

Devils3SCRingsSignature.jpg

#271 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Dmitry Chesnokov@dchesnokov
According to SKA coach, yesterday's game was most likely the last in the KHL for Kovalchuk, meaning he will leave for NJ as early as Monday.

#272 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

I think we all knew Kovy was going to come back...in an off-season full of bad tastes, this was just one more to deal with, and yeah, it was a little annoying. All Kovy really has to do is perform right out of the gate and continue to show the emotion he did last season, and all of this will be forgotten very quickly. He probably lost a little of the goodwill he built up with some of the fanbase for the moment, but if the Devils get off to, say, a 12-6-2 start after 20 GP, and Kovy's scored 10 goals and is doing his thing, is anyone really going to hold a grudge for long?
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#273 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

all devils players should wait til later sunday to vote so it give Kovy a little more time lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#274 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

This wouldn't be a topic if Lou would just give him permission to play in the ASG (see Datsyuk).

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#275 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

"SKA GM says Kovalchuk announcement coming Sat. But Kovy's family is in US, so it's pretty settled. I hope KHL has enjoyed it's little PR war" -https://twitter.com/...728962219896835

Edited by brodeur14301991, 11 January 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#276 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Bahaha don't those silly Russians know this is 'merica?! We invented oil tycoons bitch!
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#277 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

This wouldn't be a topic if Lou would just give him permission to play in the ASG (see Datsyuk).

He should have asked for permission like Datsyuk did, although he probably knew that Lou would have said no. Can't pout this on Lou, the player needs to approach him, or at least give me the common courtesy of a phone call to let him know what's going on and where things stand. By all accounts, Kovy hasn't done that and has taken the position that, since the CBA isn't ratified yet, he has no obligation to return to NJ and can continue to do whatever he wants in the interim.
Posted Image

#278 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

C'mon Kovy.

#279 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

In TG's interview with Bryce Salvador, he perfectly sums up the situation with Kovy: "I think he’s just trying to make everybody happy. It’s a tough situation to be in."
(http://blogs.northje..._all-star_game/)

Fellow Devils fans need to stop being so damn sensitive and cut Kovy some slack. We'll all be rooting for him come 1/19. Drop the puck!

Ya this pretty much puts it in perspective and does sound like Kovy tryign to please everyone. I'm interested to see how the weekend plays out and if there is fall out from it. This all being said, we have a starting game according to TG so let the season begin already!

#280 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Bahaha don't those silly Russians know this is 'merica?! We invented oil tycoons bitch!

hahaha Comment of the week right there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users