270 replies to this topic

#61 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,278 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

Just be glad you played the bottom feeder team in the league....he's our Schiano without the douchey kneel-down plays :P

(side note....I have Charles in my other two leagues.....I switched him back IN at noon.....could you imagine that poor bar yesterday if I HADN'T?? :whistling:)

Is Masked that Bad historically?

That was the game I have been waiting on Charles for. Too bad we can't play the Saints every week.

Has: How can you play Ridley lining up against Ngata and Co??? Frankly, I am offended.
Where did Boldin come from on NE?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#62 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

finally I make some good moves and bench Peyton for Ben...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#63 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,487 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

Is Masked that Bad historically?

0-3 now, 5-8 2011. 5-7 2010, 6-7 2009, 7-6 2008, somehow he won 2007 :blink:, and a GLORIOUS 1-3 in 2006.....so ye.......pretty much :rofl:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#64 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

of cours,e I give up on Ryan Williams, drop him and he becomes the starter

#65 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,991 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

Has: How can you play Ridley lining up against Ngata and Co??? Frankly, I am offended.
Where did Boldin come from on NE?

If I'd known Billy Boy was going to give DANNY WOODHEAD 70% of the touches I wouldn't have :P

I was shaky about him and AP anyway but I don't like playing matchups early unless I have to, especially with how nuts this season has already been. Still, I don't think I've gotten a point total that low in years, and when my team's projected point total was like 105 on top of it lol.

Of course I had to be facing RSC and his wonderful 79 points or whatever it was instead of just getting blown out and being able to chalk it up as a non-winnable week anyway. With my team, Jason Hanson shouldn't be the leading scorer two weeks in a row, most of the rest of them starting with Dumbo need a pep talk this week :rant:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 September 2012 - 10:01 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#66 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,991 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

0-3 now, 5-8 2011. 5-7 2010, 6-7 2009, 7-6 2008, somehow he won 2007 Posted Image, and a GLORIOUS 1-3 in 2006.....so ye.......pretty much :rofl:

That's part of what makes me annoyed about my usual semifinal choke jobs :P I'm consistent and never win while teams like Masked and UDX have won titles lol, although to his credit Masked piggybacked onto the Patriots during their 16-0 year. You're like the Giants of the league, either you win a championship or you're out of the playoffs. I'm like Fat Andy and the Eagles, at least when they were actually good.

of cours,e I give up on Ryan Williams, drop him and he becomes the starter

I was surprised he was still out there after I saw the Twitter update on Beanie with the drop/add ninjas here...at the rate things are going I might start him this week.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 September 2012 - 10:58 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#67 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,278 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

I was surprised he was still out there after I saw the Twitter update on Beanie with the drop/add ninjas here...at the rate things are going I might start him this week.

But the Arizona line is almost as awful as the horrid Philly O-line. Arizona's D is the strength of this division leader.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#68 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,278 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

looking for a solid RB...everyone but Rodgers is up for grabs..

Looking for a WR....
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#69 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,991 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

But the Arizona line is almost as awful as the horrid Philly O-line. Arizona's D is the strength of this division leader.

That's the rub...guaranteed touches (including goalline) for Williams vs. non guaranteed touches but better matchup/talent for Ridley. Plus I have Floyd/Bennett if I want to go away from RB entirely.

Speaking of trades, if anyone wants a skill position player, I'm looking for a top QB and am willing to trade Romo plus. I literally have depth at all the other skill positions. Pretty much anything (RB/WR/TE) aside from AP/McCoy is on the market in the right deal.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 September 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#70 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

A-Rod on the block too now

#71 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,278 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:26 AM

A-Rod on the block too now

Don't need A-Rod, I have Flacco!!!!!

Flacco leads the NFL in yards passing
Charles leads the league in rushing
Smith is #2 in receiving yards.

So far, so good..

Edited by MantaRay, 28 September 2012 - 08:58 AM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#72 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

usually when I trade someone they become beastly and wake up. ask Crasher lol

#73 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

Thank Christ I blew an early pick on a defense. SF may pull my ass out of the fire yet.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#74 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

One of those great fantasy days. Took a few weeks, but everything I envisioned when I drafted this team has come to fruition the last two weeks. I have absolutely no depth whatsoever.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#75 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,991 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Great for you, sucky for me - especially since in my ESPN league I got 150 points and still lost because I left Hartline on the bench for Fred Jackson :P

I figured your team would pick it up one of these weeks though. Maybe it's best I actually have to work for a playoff spot this year, haven't done very well cruising in. There's a lot of good teams in this league though.

#76 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

I shake my fist in your general direction DR! I wanted high score of the week!

#77 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,278 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

One of those great fantasy days. Took a few weeks, but everything I envisioned when I drafted this team has come to fruition the last two weeks. I have absolutely no depth whatsoever.

I saw your score and wasn't able to find out where all these points came from?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#78 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,991 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Drew Brees, an All-Star group of receivers (Fitz, Welker, Green), McGahee and the darn kicker who I was scratching my head when he drafted - especially since the Rams have a terrible offense - and all he does is hit multiple 50-yard FG's every week lol. He had good matchups too with just about everyone, I thought this might happen.

#79 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Get it out of your system this week, a 60-burger is due for our match next week. ;)
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#80 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Drew Brees, an All-Star group of receivers (Fitz, Welker, Green), McGahee and the darn kicker who I was scratching my head when he drafted - especially since the Rams have a terrible offense - and all he does is hit multiple 50-yard FG's every week lol. He had good matchups too with just about everyone, I thought this might happen.

Greg Zuerlein was my ace up my sleeve going into the draft. I knew the Rams offense would improve, but still not be strong enough to punch in many scores. Then I see this rookie kicker in pre-season with a leg like no other with a staff willing to send him out there for 57-63 yard attempts no problem. Add that they play in a dome, and it was a no brainer.

I'm probably down for a few bad weeks coming up.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users