Flyer fans

cheardjr

I guess I am a lurker on these boards but after tonight's game I have to post. I have tickets in the lower black seats at prudential center row 2 by the flyers we have had the seats for years including in the old stadium. Most games are quite with rival teams we get some banter or chanting this Includes many flyers fans in the past.. Tonight we got attacked by 3 drunk violent fans unprovoked and witnessed 4 other Philly fans all men walking up from section 7 attack 3 young women trying to punch them and then 2 young men trying to fight anyone on their way out. How does the NHL not report on this? I have witnessed 17 years of devils hockey and never seen such a violent disrespectful group of fans. I have a video I will post a link Tom it is on YouTube It's the three guys who attacked us and then attacked the women after the video.

I guess I am a lurker on these boards but after tonight's game I have to post. I have tickets in the lower black seats at prudential center row 2 by the flyers we have had the seats for years including in the old stadium. Most games are quite with rival teams we get some banter or chanting this Includes many flyers fans in the past.. Tonight we got attacked by 3 drunk violent fans unprovoked and witnessed 4 other Philly fans all men walking up from section 7 attack 3 young women trying to punch them and then 2 young men trying to fight anyone on their way out. How does the NHL not report on this? I have witnessed 17 years of devils hockey and never seen such a violent disrespectful group of fans. I have a video I will post a link Tom it is on YouTube It's the three guys who attacked us and then attacked the women after the video.

I am sick of Philadelphia, this is disgusting.

I'm also a lurker and the fans were just unbearable in my section. 214. Led to fist fights and a guard watching over us the second half game. We had a group of around 20 behind us. Telling girls they had breast cancer and the guys they had aids. I actually respect the rangers and their fans after this game. Felt like I was on the road and would not pay money for another game in this series..the prudential staff really didn't do a thing after we explained their abuse ..

I'm also a lurker and the fans were just unbearable in my section. 214. Led to fist fights and a guard watching over us the second half game. We had a group of around 20 behind us. Telling girls they had breast cancer and the guys they had aids. I actually respect the rangers and their fans after this game. Felt like I was on the road and would not pay money for another game in this series..the prudential staff really didn't do a thing after we explained their abuse ..

Dude thats rough and the Prucenter staff really did drop the ball. That is beyond disgusting.

Just came back from The Rock. I was in Section 215, Row 4, aisle seats facing 214. Not sure if you saw it, but right after the Flyers first goal, a kid turned around at me and screamed at me and my girlfriend within a few inches of my face. I stood up and screamed right back, told him to sit the fvck down, "this isn't Philly", it went on for about 20 seconds. It was a tiny shove away from turning into a brawl. I've never been face-to-face with someone over a hockey game like that but he screamed at me. Curious if you saw the altercation, hope you think I handled it well, didn't raise a hand, just sat him the fvck down just like his estranged drunk parents screamed at him before he ended up on the streets for the rest of his life.

The 214 crowd was unbearable and ABSOLUTE SHAME on the Prudential Center staff for not stepping in. They watched for about 2 minutes, during which things could have gotten out of control but somehow didn't. They even saw the guy with the Flyers tattoo taunting someone by walking down to HIS OWN ROW. They were watching and waiting and watching and waiting. Then, the security and staff that were right below the ENTIRE TIME come up 5 minutes later acting like they didn't see anything and didn't know what to do, like they were SCARED. Ten huge security guards follow, and do NOTHING. They should have taken AT LEAST 4 people out of the game, it's unbelievable how incompetent and unprepared they were for this series. Within the span that people started screaming for security to come and they finally came, some really really bad things could have happened, either to a Devils fan or more likely a Flyers fan because of how outnumbered they were (thank god).

Edited by DJ Eco

Luckily this was the LEAST amount of Flyer fans I've seen in our building but some of the most violent or drunk Flyer fans. It was really bad. Every situation I ended up walking into there were shouting matches about 5 seconds away from turning into a fight, including in the men's bathroom near 215 during second intermission. Shortly after that, some Flyer fan sucker punched a Devil fan in the face right in the middle of the concourse in front of security. The Devil fan had a beer in one hand and a pretzel in the other, obviously couldn't fight back.

About 100 Devils fans surrounded the Flyer and his buttbuddy, ready to tear him a third a$$hole. EMTs had to push the mob back and lock him in a room near the shop. I think they called the cops, he assaulted someone, punched them dead-on in the face, probably over some words that were exchanged. I hope he gets the sh!t sued out of him.

I saw your altercation from my seats in section 3. We had our own problems with 2 drunk Flyers fans who were on the glass and when the game was over one kid tried to push a Devils fan, but was so drunk he fell backward over the chair. Ridiculous. The security came down 3 times to tell them to cool it as they were obnoxious and starting with anybody who was willing. I'm telling you, Flyers' fans are human mutants who live under rocks during the day and come out at night in packs. It wouldn't surprise me if their family trees had no branches.

Glad you're ok and the best thing to do is have the Devils eliminate the filth from the playoffs so we can get back to hockey with human fans.

Edited by Troy from NJ

It makes me respect Rangers fans.

Hey now... Let's not say things we are going to regret! ;)

But seriously, this sounds ridiculous. As much as I hate Philly/Flyers fans, it really seems like the Pru staff dropped the ball. How did some of these folks not het thrown out or arrested?

Hey now... Let's not say things we are going to regret! ;)

But seriously, this sounds ridiculous. As much as I hate Philly/Flyers fans, it really seems like the Pru staff dropped the ball. How did some of these folks not het thrown out or arrested?

Seriously, Ranger fans are just stupid but they are not this trashy, crazy, and violent. These Flyer fans described above are not human beings. It is truly disgusting.

Luckily this was the LEAST amount of Flyer fans I've seen in our building but some of the most violent or drunk Flyer fans. It was really bad. Every situation I ended up walking into there were shouting matches about 5 seconds away from turning into a fight, including in the men's bathroom near 215 during second intermission. Shortly after that, some Flyer fan sucker punched a Devil fan in the face right in the middle of the concourse in front of security. The Devil fan had a beer in one hand and a pretzel in the other, obviously couldn't fight back.

About 100 Devils fans surrounded the Flyer and his buttbuddy, ready to tear him a third a$$hole. EMTs had to push the mob back and lock him in a room near the shop. I think they called the cops, he assaulted someone, punched them dead-on in the face, probably over some words that were exchanged. I hope he gets the sh!t sued out of him.

I was walking back to my seats just as that altercation was being handled, I saw the EMT getting in the middle of it along with security. All this sh!t going down in 214 must've been way at the top, because I didn't see any or hear any of it (row 5). I saw sh!t starting up in 215, which must've been you DJ, and those cockbag Phailure fans that were talking sh!t. We gave them a good a$$holE chant when that happened lol.

LOL, from my vantage point I thought it was pretty much the same as usual, just the usual comedy drunk jerkoffs. The thing about Flyers fans is you either get normal, that you go back and forth with, but it's actually kinda fun if you aren't an ass and they aren't an ass, or a 120 out of 10 on the douche scale. In my experience the average Ranger fan is about an 8 on the same scale no matter who they are.

I sat in 133 and there were a decent number of Flyer fans in my section. They cheered for their team but were cool and respectful for the most part. Just some lighthearted heckling between Devils fans and Flyers fans, but nothing bad at all. The only thing I saw was a 16-17 year old Flyers fan in the mens room after the game cleaning up his bloody face. I didn't see what happened but I hope it wasn't unprovoked idiocy from a Devils fan.

Glad to see there were so few Flyers fans there. It was minimal.

Minor story: one guy standing in the back of section 6 was going back and forth with Devils fans. The usher had no control of the situation. She asked everyone to sit but did nothing to enforce it. It led to the Flyer fan running into the Devil fan, flopping like a soccer player, and crying to the usher for her help. Sad.

I sat in 133 and there were a decent number of Flyer fans in my section. They cheered for their team but were cool and respectful for the most part. Just some lighthearted heckling between Devils fans and Flyers fans, but nothing bad at all. The only thing I saw was a 16-17 year old Flyers fan in the mens room after the game cleaning up his bloody face. I didn't see what happened but I hope it wasn't unprovoked idiocy from a Devils fan.

Ah you know that's what I don't like to hear about. I have no problem with them being in our stadium but when they are provoking us and just acting like complete trash is where I draw the line. Act respectful and be a human being, even cheer for your team if you want, i really could care less.

Maybe that kid deserved it, maybe not. It shouldn't have to get to that point. Regardless, I know it's the playoffs and tensions are high, alcohol doesn't help either.

From the Acela Club I was watching various groups of Flyers fans. Whenever there was a situation where a security guard had to come down they looked like complete idiots that had no idea what was going on. You would think for a game like this they would at least be a little more attentive...

Just came back from The Rock. I was in Section 215, Row 4, aisle seats facing 214. Not sure if you saw it, but right after the Flyers first goal, a kid turned around at me and screamed at me and my girlfriend within a few inches of my face. I stood up and screamed right back, told him to sit the fvck down, "this isn't Philly", it went on for about 20 seconds. It was a tiny shove away from turning into a brawl. I've never been face-to-face with someone over a hockey game like that but he screamed at me. Curious if you saw the altercation, hope you think I handled it well, didn't raise a hand, just sat him the fvck down just like his estranged drunk parents screamed at him before he ended up on the streets for the rest of his life.

The 214 crowd was unbearable and ABSOLUTE SHAME on the Prudential Center staff for not stepping in. They watched for about 2 minutes, during which things could have gotten out of control but somehow didn't. They even saw the guy with the Flyers tattoo taunting someone by walking down to HIS OWN ROW. They were watching and waiting and watching and waiting. Then, the security and staff that were right below the ENTIRE TIME come up 5 minutes later acting like they didn't see anything and didn't know what to do, like they were SCARED. Ten huge security guards follow, and do NOTHING. They should have taken AT LEAST 4 people out of the game, it's unbelievable how incompetent and unprepared they were for this series. Within the span that people started screaming for security to come and they finally came, some really really bad things could have happened, either to a Devils fan or more likely a Flyers fan because of how outnumbered they were (thank god).

Yes I did see that,we sitting right behind the flyer fans at the top of 214 directly next to the fist fighting.. I shrugged off most comments but at one point they were complaining that the devils were playing the trap all last game. That caused me to stand up and get in a screaming match b.c they are basically playing the direct opposite of the trap. They were all over me after that and I got some aids comments my girl got some breast cancer comments ..

Ah you know that's what I don't like to hear about. I have no problem with them being in our stadium but when they are provoking us and just acting like complete trash is where I draw the line. Act respectful and be a human being, even cheer for your team if you want, i really could care less.

Maybe that kid deserved it, maybe not. It shouldn't have to get to that point. Regardless, I know it's the playoffs and tensions are high, alcohol doesn't help either.

From the Acela Club I was watching various groups of Flyers fans. Whenever there was a situation where a security guard had to come down they looked like complete idiots that had no idea what was going on. You would think for a game like this they would at least be a little more attentive...

i only saw the aftermath so i have no idea who did what. this kid shouldn't have had any booze since there is no way he was 21.

I got some aids comments my girl got some breast cancer comments ..

There's that old saying "What goes around, comes around" Anyone who jokes about that kind of stuff will most likely have karma come back and bite them in the ass. I understand people are going to get into heckling matches but I'm just surprised that anyone would make comments like that when almost everyone knows someone in their friends or family that has had cancer.

Edited by Satans Hockey

i only saw the aftermath so i have no idea who did what. this kid shouldn't have had any booze since there is no way he was 21.

Agreed, but unfortunately not being 21 doesn't stop some/most kids. And judging by the "upstanding citizens" I saw wearing Flyers jerseys I wouldn't put it past them lol...