EQF Game 2 - Playoff GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Florida Panthers

Steven M.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great 3rd, nice to see them up the level, good to see Kovy get on the board. But you can't dog through 2 periods and expect to win. Stay out of the box and bring playoff intensity from puck drop and we should be okay. The Devils are a much better team 5-on-5.

i dont what gets the team to play like they do in the 1st period in game 1 and the 3rd tonight. i dont care. i just want it to happen before tuesdays game and last for three 20 minute periods.

find the intensity, find the hunger, find it.

lets sellout and be loud tuesday and show florida what arena is more intimidating. :gd:

Very depressing to realize that this team cares enough about playoff hockey to only exert themselves for 20 minutes each game. There was no reason to lose this game, other than pure stupidity. It just makes me wonder what was going on in that locker room the first two periods. Where was the coach? Where was the captain? Where was our "veteran leadership"? Did everyone in that room really think it was a good idea to float out there until the 3rd period even though they were down 3-0?

Other than that, I can complain about the officiating (which was putrid), but when we don't put an honest effort on the ice, I don't blame the refs if they don't want to either.

Edited by Amberite

Team played a solid second half of the game but the first half was garbage. That needs to change. Also got jacked on penalty calls tonight. Went against us all night, which isnt to take away from how the team was playing to begin with.

The heat needs to be turned up on Tuesday.

Very depressing to realize that this team cares enough about playoff hockey to only exert themselves for 20 minutes each game. There was no reason to lose this game, other than pure stupidity. It just makes me wonder what was going on in that locker room the first two periods. Where was the coach? Where was the captain? Where was our "veteran leadership"? Did everyone in that room really think it was a good idea to float out there until the 3rd period even though they were down 3-0?

Other than that, I can complain about the officiating (which was putrid), but honestly when we don't put an effort on the ice, I don't blame the refs if they don't want to either.

Lmao, they better not blame any refs. The officiating always blows- its no excuse. The Devils have no one to blame for losing this game but themselves.

That wasn't the happy-go-lucky PDB in the postgame after this one, he was pissed and rightly so. Any kind of an effort the first two periods and they might at least be going to OT, especially with what happened once they finally started playing in the third. But again, this team gets arrogant and gives away playoff games :rant:

I thought this team was beyond this s***, I really did. The most discouraging thing about the first two games is our GREAT PK has come undone. And they still can't contain the top line at all.

Edited by NJDevs4978