RUMOR Jagr interested in Devils

Zubie#8

As has been said here already, the market for Jagr isn't great. If he wants to play with Elias for 1 more cup, having realized that a huge payday isn't in the offing, I'd take him in a second.

PS--is there any proof about the market?  By my estimation, wave 1 was a frenzy.  And wave 2 has not yet started.  The "wave" effect for signings is long established.  Jagr will get signed just as soon as the other notable remaining UFAs start going (ie Brunner, Grabovski, Raymond).  I'd expect all those guys (and Jagr) to be signed within a few days of one another (if not on same day).  Granted, none of those guys will command 5mill or anything, but they might all command 3+.

Seriously.

I didn't have the stats, but I was about to say that he looked great this post season. People saw that he had 0 goals and wrote him off as useless. They must not have been watching very closely. He may have been slow, but his strength helped him compensate for that. He definitely helped their offense a lot.

exactly. Same thing with Seguin people we're calling him off cause they we're seeing he was not scoring but not really watching him play. He was a beast out there at time. Puck would simply not go in. 

but the thing is if he sign for cheap, he wouldn sign in NJ i think. He'd sign somewhere he could play on top 2 lines and where he think he could go for a run. I think we have a pretty solid team this season but not sure about the outside perception 

Edited by SterioDesign

exactly. Same thing with Seguin people we're calling him off cause they we're seeing he was not scoring but not really watching him play. He was a beast out there at time. Puck would simply not go in. 

but the thing is if he sign for cheap, he wouldn sign in NJ i think. He'd sign somewhere he could play on top 2 lines and where he think he could go for a run. I think we have a pretty solid team this season but not sure about the outside perception 

The Schneider, Clowe and Ryder acquisitions make us a FARRRRR better team than we were before the draft/free agency.  Call me crazy, but I can see this team making a hard push!

Oh good, strat-a-matic numbers.   

He played 20+ playoff games with a great center and wing in Bergeron and Marchand,  had ample minutes on the powerplay and produced NOTHING.     Which is why Boston passed on him even though Horton left and they went after Iginla.   Jagr is too slow and old.    Fortunately, Boston looks at performance on the ice, not on irrelevant numbers.

He played 20+ playoff games with a great center and wing in Bergeron and Marchand,  had ample minutes on the powerplay and produced NOTHING.     Which is why Boston passed on him even though Horton left and they went after Iginla.   Jagr is too slow and old.    Fortunately, Boston looks at performance on the ice, not on irrelevant numbers.

Explain hy these numbers are irrelevant. I suggest you actually learn what some of these numbers mean before you dismiss them.

How much would you pay him to make it happen?

Somewhere between 2 and 3 mil, with bonuses if he wants them. 1 year deal, team option for a second (or no option, just not a player option). I'm not expecting him to be a superstar, and I wouldn't play him like one, but if he wants a Cup rather than money, I'd take him in a sec.

For the right price he'd still be a great addition. He is still one of the first on/last off guys who is a great example of having to work hard no matter what you've accomplished. Perfect guy to have for the younger guys on the team.

Not the player he once was but always demands attention on the ice which opens up space for others. Just don't overpay, please.

Manta, you're treading on thin ice.  These stat geeks will cut you down in a heartbeat.  Because if Corsi says it's true, then it OBVIOUSLY is.  :doh1:   Nevermind that a "goal-scoring" player brought in at the trade deadline scored zero goals in the playoffs.

Of course, Krejci led the entire league in playoff points with 26 (next closest was 19), but according to the bible that is Corsi, he was terrible:  the 20th best player on the BRUINS.

Edited by Z-Man

Manta, you're treading on thin ice. These stat geeks will cut you down in a heartbeat. Because if Corsi says it's true, then it OBVIOUSLY is. :doh1: Nevermind that a "goal-scoring" player brought in at the trade deadline scored zero goals in the playoffs.

Of course, Krejci led the entire league in playoff points with 26 (next closest was 19), but according to the bible that is Corsi, he was terrible: the 20th best player on the BRUINS.

I don't think that is what anyone is saying. All they are saying is Jagr still has enough left in the tank to be an effective player. Going into the playoffs, if you were told Boston is a finals team but jagr wouldn't score, you would have assumed be played AWFUL because that's his job, to score goals. All those numbers say is that while Jagr wasn't able to score, it doesn't mean he was totally out of place

Will Ryder get to wear 73 ?

My money's on 15, just a hunch.

I think for Jagr the organization would make one of their rare exceptions and let him wear 68, a la Alex Mogilny and 89.

And Gilmour with 93. As with all things, Lou isn't as inflexible as people think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What exactly is the reason for Lou's 35 and under rule?

It goes with the whole 'it's not the name on the back that matters, it's the logo on the front' mentality. It's about team first, and things like your number shouldn't be anything other than how they identify you quickly. Most players say they never even picked their number. It was hanging in their locker when they got called up.

But that's why he's let some players who were already established with a number outside of the organization wear it when they came here, like Richer #44, Mogilny #89, and Gilmour #93.