96 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Does anyone else follow (or I should say "like") Martinbrodeur30.com on Facebook? The reason i ask is about a week or 2 ago (whenever it was announced that Oates was leaving) i was going through "My Wall" on Facebook and there was a status update / article posted by MartinBrodeur30.com with something to the effect of "Devils Name Scott Stevens Asst. Coach" and when I clicked the link on it to the website it was a dead link and when I clicked back on my browser that status update was gone; forever. Long story short, it's like Marty (or really whomever runs his site) knew this a couple weeks ago and posted it by mistake and i happened to catch it for a split second. Not really news or anything, just wanted to share...

PS - I like Scott Stevens.

Most likely it's one of those fake insiders that makes educated guesses and posts/tweets it as being sourced.

ADDENDUM: By the way, this brings up another example of the ways of the fake insiders.

Gulliti tweeted at 1:25 about the Stevens hiring. Hockeyyinsiderr then tweeted, two minutes later, "Hearing #NJDevils are very close to announcing Scott Stevens as assistant coach."

What a clown.

Edited by Daniel, 17 July 2012 - 01:39 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#22 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

San Jose fired Shaw (and all their other assistant coaches) because after last year they wanted some heads to roll. Probably a shortsighted move, but who knows really what happens behind the scenes.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#23 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

Scotty Stevens! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking forward to the new season already!

:evil:

#24 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

PK must just be overjoyed with this news

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#25 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

I wonder if Scotty can bunny-hop. Haha.

n2eg.jpg

#26 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

Stevens is going to be a good coach

Sometimes a legendary player doesn't make a great coach. Gretzky couldn't do it, neither could Ted Williams or Bryan Trottier. A lot of times these great talents just have a hard time imparting their wisdom to others. The game came easily to them, they were just freaks of nature

Stevens was different, he wasn't blessed with Chara's size or Gretzky's 6th sense, or Bure's speed. He just flat out worked hard to become a dominant defenseman. I feel he'll be able to connect well with the talent on the ice. Plus like Larry he can be both the nice guy and the pissed off ice man you don't want to mess with...which is important because some guys need a pat on the shoulder and others need a scream in the ears.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#27 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

All the assistant coaches have double letters in their name and two sets of letters (TT,RR). and the tt's are in the first name, and the rr's, are in the last name.

Scott Stevens, Matt Shaw, Dave Barr -Chris Terreri

I have watched enough movies and television to know that this is no coincidence
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#28 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Stevens. On the Bench. It just sounds wonderful...again !

That attitude of "hating losing, more than enjoying winning" has to rub off on some players....

All the assistant coaches have double letters in their name and two sets of letters (TT,RR). and the tt's are in the first name, and the rr's, are in the last name.

Scott Stevens, Matt Shaw, Dave Barr -Chris Terreri

I have watched enough movies and television to know that this is no coincidence

its like the factoid that many of the NHL's highest scorers have 7-letters in the last name.
or maybe most people have 7-letters in their last name.
Rambling here.....

#29 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Very interested in seeing what he can do with Fayne. Has all the tools and is still growing. Not really a 'mean' player though. If Stevens could bring some of that out of his game, that would be incredible.

#30 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,540 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Stevens is going to be a good coach

Sometimes a legendary player doesn't make a great coach. Gretzky couldn't do it, neither could Ted Williams or Bryan Trottier. A lot of times these great talents just have a hard time imparting their wisdom to others. The game came easily to them, they were just freaks of nature

Stevens was different, he wasn't blessed with Chara's size or Gretzky's 6th sense, or Bure's speed. He just flat out worked hard to become a dominant defenseman. I feel he'll be able to connect well with the talent on the ice. Plus like Larry he can be both the nice guy and the pissed off ice man you don't want to mess with...which is important because some guys need a pat on the shoulder and others need a scream in the ears.

My only reason to hesitate calling this a great move is that one of the things Stevens did really well -- open ice shoulder to head hits -- is now forbidden. He did a lot more than that though, so hopefully it won't matter.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#31 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

STEVENS! that is all

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#32 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Q: How do you replace a multi-Cup Winning Hall-of-Fame Defenseman Coach like Larry Robinson ?

A: With another multi-Cup Winning Hall-of-Fame Defensman.

#33 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Q: How do you replace a multi-Cup Winning Hall-of-Fame Defenseman Coach like Larry Robinson ?

ok now you can lock the thread, this one's done.

IBTL :P

#34 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Win!
Posted Image

#35 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

In short, I'm completely stoked about these developments. I'm still bummed Larry left but all things considered, this is probably about the best-case scenario.

#36 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Very excited about both of them. This is almost as good as signing a big name player.

#37 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

My jersey is relevant again

it was never irrevelant Josh .. im shocked...
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. •• "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#38 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

bunch of little spoiled d-kids we have... they lose a HOF in robinson just to get another one with Stevens

www.SterioDesign.com

#39 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Really? Nothing from PK? She must not be paying attention.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#40 giodude

giodude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

This is awesome news! Not only that Scotty is back but a friend of mine is a die hard Sharks fan and he loves Matt Shaw.

Good things are coming

#4 LGD!!

Edit: My friend loved Shaw

Edited by giodude, 17 July 2012 - 02:43 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users