New Here

HelenaHandbasket

Well, I've been lurking around these boards for literally years, and since I was sitting here re-importing my entire CD collection onto my computer AGAIN because I'm 19 different kinds of stupid, I figured I would finally sign up. I grew up in NJ, and I've been here for the last year or so, but I'll probably be moving out of state again soon. Figures that the short time I'm in a place where you can actually watch the Devils on TV, we get a strike and a crappy first part of a season. So, hi there.

Thanks for saying so, Crasher. I usually emphasize the Jersey when I make an ID, but it seemed redundant to do that here.

you'd think so, but to be fair half the active membership in this forum are out of towners !!!

so where in Jersey since you of course brought it up ?? :whistling:

See now THIS is how you break yourself into a forum :D

Now what do you do for a living, since you brought that up too ??

that gomezchick from last week could take lessons from you :lol:

Ha, what's wrong with Morris County? :giggle:

I was unaware we actually HAD a ghetto part. I mean, it's such a friggen expensive area, it's hard to have a ghetto "lol:

I'm Doverican. It's not ghetto compared to like, Camden, but as far Morris goes, you know?

What I do, hmm, well, I guess you could say I'm part of the Vast Left Wing Conspiracy. I don't want to say too much specific about that since I'm super paranoid about the Power of Google and would like to be as colorful as I please in the politics and war forum.

Ah, okay. I remember when Dover used to be like the "slums" of NJ...it's really rebounded nicely lately, I guess that's why I don't consider it a crappy area of Mo'Co.

Oh, I love Dover, and even when it's reputation was horrible, practically none of it was true. But if you want the fastest way to finding the racist/classist freakshows of Morris County, it's to look like pale-skinned, blue-eyed me. You would not believe some of the things I've heard over the years. It's kind of sad.

Oh, I love Dover, and even when it's reputation was horrible, practically none of it was true. But if you want the fastest way to finding the racist/classist freakshows of Morris County, it's to look like pale-skinned, blue-eyed me. You would not believe some of the things I've heard over the years. It's kind of sad.

:saddevil:

I love the Dover market on the weekends, I'm sure you've been to your fair share of those. There's a lot of great food around the area, too. It's fun to walk around during a nice Spring day and just take everything in.

Hah, when I was in kindergarten, we had a substitute bus driver one day and we had to tell her where each one of us lived. I was in Sussex county at the time, and I told her I lived on SNover road...she, half paying attention, drops her jaw and reponds (screaming at me, no less) "WHAT?! DOVER?! I AINT DRIVING TO NO DOVER!! YOU GET OFF THIS BUS BEFORE I DRIVE YOU TO DOVER" ...she was absolutely FLIPPING out. Me being a little five or six year old, I had no clue what was going on and basically just started crying because she was yelling at me. After I got home that day, I told my mom and she called the school to complain. Needless to say, that bus driver wasn't brought back :lol:

:saddevil:

I love the Dover market on the weekends, I'm sure you've been to your fair share of those. There's a lot of great food around the area, too. It's fun to walk around during a nice Spring day and just take everything in.

Hah, when I was in kindergarten, we had a substitute bus driver one day and we had to tell her where each one of us lived. I was in Sussex county at the time, and I told her I lived on SNover road...she, half paying attention, drops her jaw and reponds (screaming at me, no less) "WHAT?! DOVER?! I AINT DRIVING TO NO DOVER!! YOU GET OFF THIS BUS BEFORE I DRIVE YOU TO DOVER" ...she was absolutely FLIPPING out. Me being a little five or six year old, I had no clue what was going on and basically just started crying because she was yelling at me. After I got home that day, I told my mom and she called the school to complain. Needless to say, that bus driver wasn't brought back :lol:

I'm glad Dover has the flea market now (and the antique center where Newberry's used to be) since it gets so many people back into town, but actually living there isn't always awesome since they completely shut down the main drag through downtown. I swear, everytime I want to go to Dunkin Donuts or something on a Sunday, not only will I totally forget that the flea market is on, but there will also be a train. Damn trains.

Welcome, even if you are from Dover. ;):P:lol: I think I was in Dover, once a long time ago. A friend of mine had to pick up something from someone that lived out there. I lived in Hudson *ghetto* County at the time, where I grew up. I remember thinking I didn't know there were hicks and sticks in NJ. :rofl:

Dover = ghetto Ha... good one Hela --better watch out or my Mexican brethren will get you !

Dover had an awesome Drive -In many moons ago : (

Really? Where did the put it?

Yeah, I know, it's a little ridiculous, but when you have some moron trying to convince you that yes, armed gangs do roam freely through the halls of the high school, even though no, the moron's never been there, and of course since you're such a nice (read: white) girl, you don't know about such things, it's like fine, mofo, we're ghetto, now get away before I stab you. Or something like that.

It was almost diagonal from where the Newberry's used to be - behind the bowling alley and Senior citizen housing. I've also been to several resurrections / incarnations of the Baker Theatre but Im dating myself now :o:rolleyes:

Btw

Hola Diablita ! :evil:

Edited by El Diablo