Weird Dream I Had Last Night

Devils Pride 26

Well I'm going to start by saying that this probably isn't thread worthy. But it's the summer and we're all bored and such so why not.

So with our defensive log jam we traded Andy Greene to the Red Wings for a young third line center known as Lou Sleeve. Sleeve was said to have reached his top potential but apparently he kept growing and progressing well. Sleeve was a bit different of a player though, with an un-Devil like Bryce Harper attitude. In fact, he went into Lamoriello's office, demanded and pleaded his case to wear No. 13. In a stunning turn of events, Lamoriello caved in, there was something he liked about Sleeve that the Devils had been missing for a long time. Coming on to NJDevs.com, it already merged into Sleeve fans and anti Sleeve fans and it corrupted every thread, 10x worse than the Manta and Co. versus the board of the prior years.

Turns out, we had a terrible 2012-2013 despite Sleeve putting up top six numbers. LL almost pulled the trigger sending out Sleeve many times but held on. In 2013-2014, we went on to win the cup. With Kovalchuk concussed and missing the final OT period Sykorian style, the cup was presented to Sleeve. Before Bettman finished talking, Sleeve skated up and took the trophy from right under Bettman's arm. After Brodeur backstopped us to the Cup again, he was once again snubbed of the Conn Smythe Trophy, which was presented to... Zach Parise. Sleeve chases down Parise, who was holding the trophy crying, and said "I believe that trophy belongs to Mr. Brodeur!" right out of Happy Gilmore. Yes, I understand it is pretty backwards to give out the Cup first over the Conn Smythe.

Never more depressed to wake up, head to NJDevs and realize no such trade happened, there's no Wings prospect named Lou Sleeve, and there isn't even a real person named Lou Sleeve. Bummer.

because it's my forte -- you want to know what Lou has up his sleeve. Only you know what youre thinking for sure - but I'd guess you want Parise replaced (Kovy isn't enough) and you think he's a schmuck thief liar who is getting too much credit for his return to his roots. You approve of Marty's loyalty and think it's under-appreciated here -- and you approve of Marty's new contract.

You're head is in defence which is natural for lots of reasons - most likely Weber drama and a little bit the Stevens hire (because all dreams are Stevens)

and NOW -- I'm retired.

Oh - in conclusion -- in Lou you trust, despite your frustration.

Sleeve in a Dream | What does it mean when I dream about sleeve?

To dream of sleeve means be cautious of your emotions. To dream of having an ace up your sleeve means that you are holding back and not reveling an hidden talent. To dream of wearing your heart on your sleeve means that you express your emotions freely and easily. To dream of rolling up your sleeves means preparing for an important or difficult task. To dream of torn sleeves means signify poverty, exposure, or desistance of divine favors. To dream of long sleeves means that you will have more money. To dream of tight sleeves means that you will have greater money. To dream of short sleeves means that you will have less money. To dream of an empty sleeve means that you are too worried.

Edited by Pepperkorn

because it's my forte -- you want to know what Lou has up his sleeve. Only you know what youre thinking for sure - but I'd guess you want Parise replaced (Kovy isn't enough) and you think he's a schmuck thief liar who is getting too much credit for his return to his roots. You approve of Marty's loyalty and think it's under-appreciated here -- and you approve of Marty's new contract.

You're head is in defence which is natural for lots of reasons - most likely Weber drama and a little bit the Stevens hire (because all dreams are Stevens)

and NOW -- I'm retired.

Oh - in conclusion -- in Lou you trust, despite your frustration.

Hahaha I felt as if I was you while writing this. The Sleeve part seemed too obvious to me I think it just might be a coincidence. I distinctly remember seeing 'Sleeve, 13' on the Wings jersey, despite Datsyuk being there.

Everything is pretty accurate other than Kovy not being enough. Huge Kovy fan, unless you mean they just need more in general to win the cup.

edit - I forgot to mention, it was more of a Mike Danton attitude than Bryce Harper. Couldn't remember Danton until just now.

Edited by Devils Pride 26

Well - from the blurb - obviously Sleeves stand for protection. 13 - dumb luck/superstition You're nervous and there ain't sh!te you can do about it.

If it wasn't about hockey, I might guess that in your life, you're looking for a way to protect your interests from things you can't control.

ok auf wiedersehen

Edited by Pepperkorn

Well I'm going to start by saying that this probably isn't thread worthy. But it's the summer and we're all bored and such so why not.

So with our defensive log jam we traded Andy Greene to the Red Wings for a young third line center known as Lou Sleeve. Sleeve was said to have reached his top potential but apparently he kept growing and progressing well....

Had to stop right there and laugh, what a brilliant name. :giggle:

You clearly need to get a custom Sleeve 13 jersey.

Step 1: Acquire random jersey

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Cup

• Like 1

So have the Devils' announced what night they're hanging up #13 in the rafters or are they waiting until the last minute to schedule this as usual. I definitely wanna be there for that. Lou Sleeve deserves better!

Edited by PWW