NFL Week 5!

CRASHER

Well due to semi-popular request... here's a week in PREview as well!!!

Sunday October 7:

Miami at Houston:

What to look for:

Ummm.... not a Dolphin win? There's some delightfully ugly games this week... not sure if this is one of them.... and while Houston IS on the rise.... one of these days Miami is gonna win one... just not sure it's while Trent Green is throwing the ball.... but I'm going to go with the trend of "there are so many reasons to pick the team you expect to win that the league is so Farooqed up, the other team will win".... so just watch the Dolphins win and no one know why :P

Jacksonville at Kansas City:

What to look for:

Will Larry Johnson ever find the end zone? Ditto with Maurice Jones-Drew! This game could be another ugly-fest with both teams desperate to shove the ball down the other teams throat with off-tackles, dives and traps... and not much else cause one team can't pass the ball and the other coach believes it's against his religion! I'm kinda expecting Herm-a-mania to run wild here and the Chiefs pull this out their ass!

Cleveland at New England:

What to look for:

Pain... slaughter... suffering... embarrassment.... the Pats are gonna beat this team bloody here... I can't even think of a reason to think otherwise.... but this is a good little test for how good this Browns offense is.... this just in.. it's not THAT good!

Carolina at New Orleans:

What to look for:

The NFC South Disappointment Bowl!!!! Can the Saints EVER get off the schnide? Can Julius Peppers ever sack the QB? This one could be ugly... both teams are starting to lose irreplaceable players to injury (the #1 sign of a team's demise).... and both were expected to be much much better, but what's scary is that either one can get their asses in hear and probably still win this thing (the injuries Tampa has to overcome are just too many now... and Atlanta's still a joke)... If I keep saying it, it shall eventually happen... big game Reggie Bush... Saints get a W, and hey 4 teams have started 1-3 and made the NFC or AFC Title game (and one won a Super Bowl)... so why not in this screwed year in the NFL?

NY Jets at NY Giants:

What to look for:

Oh who do you root for when you want both teams to die?? ....Yay, two mediocre teams at best looking to maintain their average level status.. most people would expect the Giant pass rush to smother the Jets' crappy O-Line in this one and dominate this game....I still don't know... the two Giant wins have been really unimpressive (17 points on an Eagles defense that was on the field all day, and need we talk about the Redskin crap win again?)... and the Jets are the more desperate team...and when in doubt take the average AFC team over the NFC team? Um, yeah sure!

Seattle at Pittsburgh:

What to look for:

This one won't be decided by an AWFUL replay call... I hope... Seattle is still not so good on the road, and you have to think Pittsburgh is going to come in ticked off after their pounding by the Cardinals last week...no Heinz Ward will make it a little tougher (but not if Santonio Holmes has another stupid big game).. and Willie Parker will pick up some of the slack too... I can't see Seattle pulling this one out!!

Arizona at St. Louis:

What to look for:

Be wary Arizona... the DREADED GUS FREOTTE TO BRIAN LEONARD COMBINATION IS UNLEASHED... ok, you're all laughing now aren't you? I am taking the Rams sitting Marc Bulger for better days as a sign they are giving up the season already (can't say I blame them at 0-4), and the Cards looking on the up here, looks like no Anquain Bouldin right now (but it is Thursday morning mind you).. the only question is.. who the hell will the Rams beat?? Better question... do they play the Dolphins? :P

Atlanta at Tennessee:

What to look for:

Well the damn Falcons ruined me in my elimination pool, by actually showing up in the revenge game with the Texans (I feel a little better that my second choice was the Chargers).. but they are still not any good... and Vince Young would love to show off to Atlanta what Mister Vick SHOULD have been as a quarterback, and dammit I am still mad at Atlanta... so screw em.. watch the Titans roll!

Detroit at Washington::

What to look for:

Wow, an actual contest of two teams trying to prove themselves as for REAL... this should be a good watch! Detroit can't run the ball... but Washington is so-so in throwing it.. but you'd gotta think THIS is the week Santana Moss busts out and rips it up (hell if that craptacular Kevin Curtis can bust out on the Lions....)...not sure if either team is for real, but we'll get a better feel for this one once we see these two go at it, this might be the best 1:00 game of the day.. I'm leaning towards a Washington victory!

4pm:

Tampa Bay at Indianapolis:

What to look for:

This game should not be competitive for very long... a rookie LT going against Dwight Freeney?? Oi!.... no Cadillac Williams?? OI!! The Colts don't look like they will need Marvin Harrison or Joseph Adaai (though I do hope the most consistent back in fantasy football comes back)... there is no way in the world the Colts don't roll in this one!

San Diego at Denver:

What to look for:

Two coaching staffs that have NO CLUE how to unleash the weapons on their offense and defense? Two teams that refuse to unleash their potent running attacks and put too much on their young QB's ?? And not to mention two soft, over-rated and mismanaged defenses?? This is the kinda game you just wanna sit near me at the Sun Tavern and watch me curse it out :P... this game will drive me crazy, and San Diego is running out of chances to save their season.....

Baltimore at San Francisco:

What to look for:

Man are the 49ers what the Ravens Doctor ordered or what? Trent Dildo at QB... averaging less then 200 yards a game on offense ?? (take that one Norv Turner bashers, this team has gone so low it's found the Titanic since he went to San Diego)... the 49ers don't have the punch to walk through the chances the Ravens will give them.... and look for the Ravens D to have a rare really good day against the beaten 49ers... NFC Title Game... my left nut (they ain't good enough for the right one!)

8:30pm:

Chicago at Green Bay

What to look for:

the Bears seem to be another one of those teams making their last stand... the defense is beat up... the offense is USELESS.. I dunno... again all signs point to a Green Bay romp.. but this NFC North rivalry games have a habit of turning wacky, and it's do or die for the Bears while the Packers already have a safe lead in the NFC... I don't know how... I don't know why... the only real weapon the bears have is Hester... but somehow just watch them win this game!

Monday, October 8:

Dallas at Buffalo

What to look for:

Oh you already know by now... I do love how the Cowboys have been PRIME TIME in 3 of the 5 weeks of the NFL Season (it means I can enjoy the other games and then focus my attention on Dallas when the spotlight shines)..Buffalo is beat up... starting a rookie QB and got their win to not be an 0-fer last week... the only thing in question is... how many times does my phone ring... and how soon does the clown banner become the white flag of defeat??

Edited by CRASHER

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SEAHAWKS VS STEELERS..My view.

Steelers:

Secondary: ..Young rookie, Willie Gay is going to replace CB # 3 Bryant McFadden who's injured... Troy Polamalu could also miss the game, which would definately not help the Steelers D' when you consider that their D is rolling on Polamalu.That guy can blitz, stop the run,Coverage. All-around safety. And therefore, Dick LeBeau likes to send those Zone-coverages Blitzs. But hey, Second year Free Safety Anthony Smith should replace him. Smith hits like a truck but his Coverage lacks a little bit. Ryan Clark who'll be the FS who I consider to be a "decent" Coverage guy, should help Smith. Ike Taylor,Deshea Townsend,Willie Gay, Allem Rossum/Ricardo Coghlough. That's a Decent Secondary. But hey, Its either Polamalu misses this week, gets healthier for the rest of the season(Last 11games.) Or, he plays, and he'll trail that injury for the rest of the year. Hummm... Even if the Steelers looses that game, they are still the Front runner to win the Divison, along with tha Ravens(RAYRAY?).They're going to play vs Deion Branch, Bobby Engram, Marcus Pollard,Nate Burleson and Matt Hasselbeck. The Seahawks will definately try to etablish the RUN, but their option number one is, of course, Passing. And when you know that maybe Polamalu won't be there...What else do you need for to motivate your troups of WR'S?

Linebackers: None injuries, as usual, Clark Haggans-James Farrior-Larry Foote-James Harrison, with the two first rounds pick on the side-lines, ready to replace Haggans/Harrison.Woodley so far, have been impressing me. He lacks it for the Coverage, but as for the Pass rushing, he's a stud. Lawrence Timmons missed the whole Training Camp(Played like 1-2Pre-seasons games.) So far has been "ok" But , having Veterans like Farrior,Haggans,Foote, should definately help to him for developping.

This group of Linebackers is a solid one. No doubt, no injuries, this shouldn't be a problem for this Sunday games.

D-linemans: Ok, DT'S Casey Hampton and Chris Hoke should be in this Sunday game's(Thank god.) Hampton is soooooo important to that Steelers D. First, No centers in this league can handle Hampton, 1 on 1.So you have to double him, which frees more spaces for the Linebackers, such as Harrison,Haggans,Woodley,Farrior,Foote, Timmons ect.. And therefore, he's the guy that gives so much difficutly for the Opposite Runner Backs(Who since 2005, the Steelers hadn't allowed a RB to get more than 100yards.) On the LEFT SIDE of Hampton, you have Aaron Smith, who so far this season has 9tackles,1sack, who's a good LE as usual(In a 3-4DEF) On the right side, you have Bret Keisel, who has 15huries on the QB, which is amazing, when you compare to last year Hurries QB (For the whole team) Which was 23Hurries.And you have Decent Back-ups, with Nick Eason,Chris Hoke, Travis Kirsche.

As usual, The D-LINE of the Pittsburgh Steelers doesn't get any recognition, but , they're the reason why the LB'S are that effective.

Offensive:

QB: Big Ben...Humm..Threw for about 800yards, 8tds-3ints. 58-59% of his passes complete. He isn't the Ben Roethlisberger who used to be picked off because he was pressured, he's coming back with a System that gives him more free to choose the plays, and can even change the play on the line of scrimmage.

RB: Willie Parker..Last week, he struggles. Reason why? Missing the Blocks of mister "Polivalent" Ward, who wasn't there, and won't be there this week. Also, the struggling of the O-line, who really, wasn't the O-line of the first 3weeks.

I say..He runs for about 80yards/17carries/1td.

WR'S/TE's.: Santonio"DEEP" Holmes should be the number one target, since Ward is out. Washington, Wilson better not drop any passes, so far, this year, these two guys have been wayy tooo inconsistent. They better play a good game, if the Steelers wanna win the game vs the Seahawks. Heath Miller should also be a consistent Target.

O-line: Ata boy, where to begin? Last week, the Steelers accorded 4sacks vs the Cardinals DEF. Now, the Seahawks are coming with Julian Peterson and the rest of the Seahawks DEF who so far, have been good.There's lot of questions on: Wheter or not, the O-LINE will improve, 1- Not allowing 3+Sacks and therefore, Give more time for Big Ben to throw 2-If they can get more spaces for Fast Willie to run.

Good questions...

This game?

I expect a close game, winning by the Steelers.

20-14.

The refs weren't that talented in pulling the "im getting paid but you can't tell" deal.

During the game at a bar a seahawks fan screamed "GET OFF YOUR KNEES, YOU'RE BLOWING THE GAME!" And i know thats old now, but it was hilarious then.

Edited by TravisZajac

Just remember. Your team might've won the first match-up but that's when our D totally sucked and was adjusting to a different system. I don't see how you can call them mediocre. They got to beat the Jets this weekend. No excuses.

Well due to semi-popular request... here's a week in PREview as well!!!

Sunday October 7:

Miami at Houston:

What to look for:

Ummm.... not a Dolphin win? There's some delightfully ugly games this week... not sure if this is one of them.... and while Houston IS on the rise.... one of these days Miami is gonna win one... just not sure it's while Trent Green is throwing the ball.... but I'm going to go with the trend of "there are so many reasons to pick the team you expect to win that the league is so Farooqed up, the other team will win".... so just watch the Dolphins win and no one know why :PJacksonville at Kansas City:

What to look for:

Will Larry Johnson ever find the end zone? Ditto with Maurice Jones-Drew! This game could be another ugly-fest with both teams desperate to shove the ball down the other teams throat with off-tackles, dives and traps... and not much else cause one team can't pass the ball and the other coach believes it's against his religion! I'm kinda expecting Herm-a-mania to run wild here and the Chiefs pull this out their ass!

Cleveland at New England:

What to look for:

Pain... slaughter... suffering... embarrassment.... the Pats are gonna beat this team bloody here... I can't even think of a reason to think otherwise.... but this is a good little test for how good this Browns offense is.... this just in.. it's not THAT good!

Carolina at New Orleans:

What to look for:

The NFC South Disappointment Bowl!!!! Can the Saints EVER get off the schnide? Can Julius Peppers ever sack the QB? This one could be ugly... both teams are starting to lose irreplaceable players to injury (the #1 sign of a team's demise).... and both were expected to be much much better, but what's scary is that either one can get their asses in hear and probably still win this thing (the injuries Tampa has to overcome are just too many now... and Atlanta's still a joke)... If I keep saying it, it shall eventually happen... big game Reggie Bush... Saints get a W, and hey 4 teams have started 1-3 and made the NFC or AFC Title game (and one won a Super Bowl)... so why not in this screwed year in the NFL?

NY Jets at NY Giants:

What to look for:

Oh who do you root for when you want both teams to die?? ....Yay, two mediocre teams at best looking to maintain their average level status.. most people would expect the Giant pass rush to smother the Jets' crappy O-Line in this one and dominate this game....I still don't know... the two Giant wins have been really unimpressive (17 points on an Eagles defense that was on the field all day, and need we talk about the Redskin crap win again?)... and the Jets are the more desperate team...and when in doubt take the average AFC team over the NFC team? Um, yeah sure!

Seattle at Pittsburgh:

What to look for:

This one won't be decided by an AWFUL replay call... I hope... Seattle is still not so good on the road, and you have to think Pittsburgh is going to come in ticked off after their pounding by the Cardinals last week...no Heinz Ward will make it a little tougher (but not if Santonio Holmes has another stupid big game).. and Willie Parker will pick up some of the slack too... I can't see Seattle pulling this one out!!

Arizona at St. Louis:

What to look for:

Be wary Arizona... the DREADED GUS FREOTTE TO BRIAN LEONARD COMBINATION IS UNLEASHED... ok, you're all laughing now aren't you? I am taking the Rams sitting Marc Bulger for better days as a sign they are giving up the season already (can't say I blame them at 0-4), and the Cards looking on the up here, looks like no Anquain Bouldin right now (but it is Thursday morning mind you).. the only question is.. who the hell will the Rams beat?? Better question... do they play the Dolphins? :P

Atlanta at Tennessee:

What to look for:

Well the damn Falcons ruined me in my elimination pool, by actually showing up in the revenge game with the Texans (I feel a little better that my second choice was the Chargers).. but they are still not any good... and Vince Young would love to show off to Atlanta what Mister Vick SHOULD have been as a quarterback, and dammit I am still mad at Atlanta... so screw em.. watch the Titans roll!

Detroit at Washington::

What to look for:

Wow, an actual contest of two teams trying to prove themselves as for REAL... this should be a good watch! Detroit can't run the ball... but Washington is so-so in throwing it.. but you'd gotta think THIS is the week Santana Moss busts out and rips it up (hell if that craptacular Kevin Curtis can bust out on the Lions....)...not sure if either team is for real, but we'll get a better feel for this one once we see these two go at it, this might be the best 1:00 game of the day.. I'm leaning towards a Washington victory!

4pm:

Tampa Bay at Indianapolis:

What to look for:

This game should not be competitive for very long... a rookie LT going against Dwight Freeney?? Oi!.... no Cadillac Williams?? OI!! The Colts don't look like they will need Marvin Harrison or Joseph Adaai (though I do hope the most consistent back in fantasy football comes back)... there is no way in the world the Colts don't roll in this one!

San Diego at Denver:

What to look for:

Two coaching staffs that have NO CLUE how to unleash the weapons on their offense and defense? Two teams that refuse to unleash their potent running attacks and put too much on their young QB's ?? And not to mention two soft, over-rated and mismanaged defenses?? This is the kinda game you just wanna sit near me at the Sun Tavern and watch me curse it out :P... this game will drive me crazy, and San Diego is running out of chances to save their season.....

Baltimore at San Francisco:

What to look for:

Man are the 49ers what the Ravens Doctor ordered or what? Trent Dildo at QB... averaging less then 200 yards a game on offense ?? (take that one Norv Turner bashers, this team has gone so low it's found the Titanic since he went to San Diego)... the 49ers don't have the punch to walk through the chances the Ravens will give them.... and look for the Ravens D to have a rare really good day against the beaten 49ers... NFC Title Game... my left nut (they ain't good enough for the right one!)

8:30pm:

Chicago at Green Bay

What to look for:

the Bears seem to be another one of those teams making their last stand... the defense is beat up... the offense is USELESS.. I dunno... again all signs point to a Green Bay romp.. but this NFC North rivalry games have a habit of turning wacky, and it's do or die for the Bears while the Packers already have a safe lead in the NFC... I don't know how... I don't know why... the only real weapon the bears have is Hester... but somehow just watch them win this game!

Monday, October 8:

Dallas at Buffalo

What to look for:

Oh you already know by now... I do love how the Cowboys have been PRIME TIME in 3 of the 5 weeks of the NFL Season (it means I can enjoy the other games and then focus my attention on Dallas when the spotlight shines)..Buffalo is beat up... starting a rookie QB and got their win to not be an 0-fer last week... the only thing in question is... how many times does my phone ring... and how soon does the clown banner become the white flag of defeat??

Edited by MadDog2020

No, Crash you had it right in the beginning: we won't win. Even if Andre Johnson and Ahman Green are out, Samkon Gado will run for 170 yards and Jacobi Jones will light up our secondary. For God's sake- JUSTIN FARGAS- JUSTIN FREAKIN' FARGAS- ran for 179 yards on us last week!!!!! HUGGY BEAR'S KID!! The guy probably hadn't rushed for 179 yards in his ENTIRE CAREER until last week. My Raider fan buddies who I went to Miami with were AMAZED at how bad our run defense was!! They were laughing their asses off at how we could allow Justin Fargas to run for almost 200 yards!! We're a joke!! I was demoralized as a human being last week. This is what the Dolphins do to me. Week after week. Year after year. Our lone bright spot is Ronnie Brown, who I'm having a lot of fun watching right now- Brown is the only reason to watch the Dolphins unless you're a massochist die-hard like myself. The only question is how many will we lose by and how many square miles will the Houston RB's run for.
Edited by TravisZajac

and the Dallas D was all-pro then too ?? :P

I call them medcore because the Redskins GAVE THEM the game with idiotic play calling, and they could only get 17 points on a pathetic dead and limp Eagles team that was ripe for the STOMPING without their best player by far (hell Rutgers could have won that game!!)

I keep getting this feeling both the Jets and Bears will win games they shouldn't this week!b

Their playcalling sucked. We'll agree there. But how about also giving credit to the D for stepping up and to Eli for leading them back?

Your bias is showing. B )

I am worried about the game this week because the Jets will be desperate. It's going to be close. They better be ready.