Jagr sounds like hes coming to play!

Pepperkorn

Did you guys see this from Rich Chere?

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/09/unlike_ilya_kovalchuk_jaromir_jagr_appreciates_devils_and_nhl.html

You know, you always know the great players are great for a reason - but he was messing around with his conditioning over the summer.  I personally like to see that - not waiting to see how things go but trying it all out so he's ready at the outset.  He took off weight to see if he got faster - I guess no luck so he's trying to bulk up again.

I'm still not ready to say "Boy I love this guy" old habits do die hard after all.giggle.gif

I loved this part ... Jagr on how working hard keeps you young:

"I don't want to give an example, but look at Lou. He's a perfect example. He doesn't play hockey but the way he works. Does he look 71? People are dead at 71. I will be, probably. He looks 50."

:lol:

This is my really stupid worry:  I worry Jagr will get all perfectionist and ask Stevens how he always stopped him in his tracks and then jagr will fool with his game and make things way worse.  I may have posted that already.  It just seems like as a fixer he's got an answer to an annoying puzzle there.  I hope Stevens is his usually tight-lipped self if he IS asked. 

Except we KNOW Stevens blabs and blabs with people in real life - or so everyone tells me anyhow.  They said if he knows something about a subject he even butts in on conversations :blahblah::giggle:

Oh my gosh best worst dream. I had the best time talking and goofing around with Jagr. But then something happened and he decided he had to kill me with a straight razor. I swore I'd never say anything and he said he thought I was great but just couldn't trust me. But then he all of a sudden let me run.

It was so hard because I didn't have my own complete buy in that I was running for my life. And he had such long legs and ran sooo fast. I jumped down stairs and he could jump more and gain on me. Boy it sucked. And I liked him so much I just didn't understand why he felt like he had to kill me

Then I woke up.

Oh my gosh best worst dream. I had the best time talking and goofing around with Jagr. But then something happened and he decided he had to kill me with a straight razor. I swore I'd never say anything and he said he thought I was great but just couldn't trust me. But then he all of a sudden let me run.

It was so hard because I didn't have my own complete buy in that I was running for my life. And he had such long legs and ran sooo fast. I jumped down stairs and he could jump more and gain on me. Boy it sucked. And I liked him so much I just didn't understand why he felt like he had to kill me

Then I woke up.

I totally thought the end of this was going to be Scotty coming to the rescue and leveling Jagr before he got to you with the blade!  :ECW:

Then I woke up.

Pepper are you losing it?

Then I woke up.

You see, in your dream, you represent Jagr's former Atlantic Division teams: the Penguins, Rangers, and Flyers. The talking and goofing represent the good times he had with those teams. The moment he pulled the straight razor was the moment he signed with the Devils, you see. Him chasing you down with impeccable speed and determination represent the sheer and utter dominance he will display this year as he hunts down his new Metro Division foes. This dream is a good thing.

But, for the sake of your mental health, you may need to exorcise this dream demon. Here's what you do: Go to your bathroom, light four candles, look in the mirror, and say "Scotty Stevens" four times in rapid succession. Summoning the mighty and powerful Stevensbeast has been known to give people horrendous, brain-rattling concussions, but it might be just what you need in order to blast Jagr and his straight razor from your unconscious psyche.