NJDevs FHL Season #8 underway!

NJDevs4978

How dare you butt in on the monopoly me and Devilswede have had on the league the last two years :P At least Krejci's finally back so I can finally put Bozak's Devil-like offensive output on the bench.

Gomez has been so bad they want him scratched in Montreal :lol: Yeah there is always the possibility they both turn it around but Gomez has gone steadily downhill each year since leaving the Devils and our team is a trainwreck. Of course on the other end Havlat could get hurt again and Rinne - eh...well he's okay but his team isn't anything special.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare you butt in on the monopoly me and Devilswede have had on the league the last two years :P At least Krejci's finally back so I can finally put Bozak's Devil-like offensive output on the bench.

Gomez has been so bad they want him scratched in Montreal :lol: Yeah there is always the possibility they both turn it around but Gomez has gone steadily downhill each year since leaving the Devils and our team is a trainwreck. Of course on the other end Havlat could get hurt again and Rinne - eh...well he's okay but his team isn't anything special.

If you ignore the lockout return.... much like Gionta's performance... Gomez is a consistent 60 pt playmaker (between 10/50 and 15/45).

Rinne is a chip... but I had faith in Price as a #1... enough faith to take the gamble on Brodeur. I figured he wanted insurance on Thomas unreal performance thus far and Brodeur unfortunately isn't providing that with this years Devils right now.

Havlat's been healthy for a little while now... I'm hoping it doesn't look silly... but we'll see.

I believe in the Devils and Devils past! :P

If you ignore the lockout return.... much like Gionta's performance... Gomez is a consistent 60 pt playmaker (between 10/50 and 15/45).

Rinne is a chip... but I had faith in Price as a #1... enough faith to take the gamble on Brodeur. I figured he wanted insurance on Thomas unreal performance thus far and Brodeur unfortunately isn't providing that with this years Devils right now.

Havlat's been healthy for a little while now... I'm hoping it doesn't look silly... but we'll see.

I believe in the Devils and Devils past! :P

Trade based on needs: I needed another strong RW (a rare commodity) and Havlat fits that to perfectly. I don't expect Thomas to play like this forever and Rinne has more of an upside than Brodeur this year.

I never underestimate a Barry Trotz team and expect them to make the playoffs. Brodeur unfortunately is a lot more like Roloson right now. A quality goalie on a crappy team. And now that Pavelec is healthy he is playing better than both.

Gomez is a spare part for me.

I'm tired of making trades proposals to teams that are inactive, I think I have made proposals to 5 different teams and only 1 reponded... really really annoying..

looking for a LW all trade proposals welcome...

I have had a hard time as well and just gave up.

I was looking at your roster as I have a build up of LW's but I need a center and you really don't have what I am looking for Red.

I'm tired of making trades proposals to teams that are inactive, I think I have made proposals to 5 different teams and only 1 reponded... really really annoying..

looking for a LW all trade proposals welcome...

Keeping everyone interested is a problem when you're having dead teams in November (February when you're out of it is one thing, it's kind of expected but now it's silly), I'm starting to think there's only two ways to ensure most teams participate throughout the year - one is by going to a playoff system which I'd hate, I think the best team should win it and I have enough of losing 'games' by luck in fantasy football :P The other would be using keepers, which I would consider except for the fact that you never have the same twenty teams year-in, year-out.

Plus the other argument against keepers is that if you could keep Ovechkin, Crosby, etc then getting the first pick in the draft next year or picking your draft position isn't really that big a reward for winning the league. At least when you have the chance to pick first...I could pick Brodeur or Ovechkin, Devilswede could get Crosby, etc.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Keeping everyone interested is a problem when you're having dead teams in November (February when you're out of it is one thing, it's kind of expected but now it's silly), I'm starting to think there's only two ways to ensure most teams participate throughout the year - one is by going to a playoff system which I'd hate, I think the best team should win it and I have enough of losing 'games' by luck in fantasy football :P The other would be using keepers, which I would consider except for the fact that you never have the same twenty teams year-in, year-out.

Plus the other argument against keepers is that if you could keep Ovechkin, Crosby, etc then getting the first pick in the draft next year or picking your draft position isn't really that big a reward for winning the league. At least when you have the chance to pick first...I could pick Brodeur or Ovechkin, Devilswede could get Crosby, etc.

I'm not arguing for change... but part of a championships is luck... or else the Presidents trophy winner would be awarded the cup.

But I also like the uniqueness of this league... except for the fact that if you fall behind early in a stat, its almost impossible to catch up.

I'm not arguing for change... but part of a championships is luck... or else the Presidents trophy winner would be awarded the cup.

But I also like the uniqueness of this league... except for the fact that if you fall behind early in a stat, its almost impossible to catch up.

Well at least when you win the President's Trophy you get home-ice advantage, and teams in the NFL get byes for finishing with the best record.

You can't really get home-field in fantasy sports, you can get a bye but that doesn't help if your main goalie only plays twice in a particular week and someone else's goalie or star plays four times. At least in football everyone only plays one game when the fantasy playoffs roll around but even then it can be annoying if you have the wrong matchup.

If we had twenty like Manta dead teams wouldn't be an issue, he'll play it out whether he's fighting for first or trying to get from 20th to 19th. But in a free league that's probably unrealistic to expect.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• 2 weeks later...

I'm done bleeding players for gambles :D

Havlat/Rinne --> Gomez/Brodeur.

I'm fine at RW with St Louis, Jeff Carter and didn't trust Havlat... and I really like having Price and Brodeur to pick from in goal. Gomez remains a bust.

Brasard --> Tyler Myers

Getting Savard back made this easier to swallow... but Brassard was floating from util to bench for me... Especially since I'm still trying my gamble on Gomez (injury isnt helping). Plus, Tyler Meyers was my only bright spot last season... respark some magic? lol

Malone --> Shea Weber

I feel Weber can do better... and I don't like Malone longterm to seriously outperform David Booth or Van Riemsdyk... hopefully D Sedin can keep it going. But my defense is somewhat acceptable now with Myers-Weber-Pietrangelo-M Staal. What to do with Bieksa? I guess ride the pine as an injury backup.

I guess I have a different view of the trade, Malone is playing on what might be the best line in the NHL, he should accidentally get 75, 90 if he's good, while we are 1/3 of the way through the season a Weber has been a complete bust!!

He became expendable once I got shattenbeck * mesarjos...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in first. Just shocking. I have been a perennial loser, so I am enjoying this right now. Penguins winning streka has been key with Fleury.

I have to say, in almost every season you and ayl have basically been filler, just rounding out the numbers but it's nice to actually see both of you contending this year and you're still in first at the holiday mark.

I'm surprised I'm still first in goals scored with Ovechkin having a poor year :blink: What's been annoying about my season so far is I'm not doing well in the 'wildcard' categories - shorthanded points and shutouts. I did cost myself one Bryz shutout by playing matchups but Crawford's been doing well for me too.

I'm done bleeding players for gambles :D

Havlat/Rinne --> Gomez/Brodeur.

I'm fine at RW with St Louis, Jeff Carter and didn't trust Havlat... and I really like having Price and Brodeur to pick from in goal. Gomez remains a bust.

Are you trying rationalize? Dumping Brodeur and getting a solid RW has helped me greatly.

since the trade:

Havlat: 5-8-13

Rinne: 2-2- 1.80 GAA, .930%,

Gomez: 3-8-11

Broduer: 1-6, 3.74 GAA, .848%

Are you trying rationalize? Dumping Brodeur and getting a solid RW has helped me greatly.

since the trade:

Havlat: 5-8-13

Rinne: 2-2- 1.80 GAA, .930%,

Gomez: 3-8-11

Broduer: 1-6, 3.74 GAA, .848%

Without question you win the stat game... I didn't need Havlat with St Louis and Carter on my roster.

I do wish the Devs would have turned it around... I tried buying at the bottom of Brodeurs value... but apparently this pit goes deeper :)

Without question you win the stat game... I didn't need Havlat with St Louis and Carter on my roster.

I do wish the Devs would have turned it around... I tried buying at the bottom of Brodeurs value... but apparently this pit goes deeper :)

Fair enough. St Louis and Carter are incredible RW's to have.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I took too long approving the last trade, the Yahoo! e-mails have been going to spam for some reason :P

I can't believe I missed two LaBarbera shutouts from not checking who the goalie was...going to Devils games isn't good for me when I have to check who the Phoenix goalie is :argh: (then again I sat him two other games he didn't do so well and Crawford's been spotting in well)

I currently have Morrow - or Ruutu - on the block for a D. I might change my mind but it's just getting annoying having to choose between two legit starters at LW.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Hopefully my scoring and goaltending will get in line at the end....

My early season surge was led by goaltending... that's dropped off a bit (the highs and lows of Price)... but I haven't dropped off as my scoring, +/- improved as much as my goaltending dropped... keeping me in a solid 2-3 place...

It feels like a Nascar race... I'm never taking the lead... just watching the leader change in 2nd/3rd... so hopefully nothing changes for now.

That said, David Booth, Steven Weiss, Matt DAgostini? I'm not looking for anything specific; so any and all offers...

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could do something about the lack of activity, four teams have made no moves all season and three others only have one. Granted I haven't done many either but that's abnormal for me, and it's almost impossible to work out a deal when only five-seven teams are really active :P