France Vs Italia

moustic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...holy headbutt, Zidane. :blink: That was like a move from a UFC match. Zidane might be a great player, but that was utterly classless. I don't care what other players are saying to you on the pitch -- if you're in the 2nd OT in the World Cup Championship, you don't put your team in that position.

Let's go Zizou (Zidane) Finished your career on an incredible note !

He did, moustic -- but the wrong kind of note.

He played a solid game; scored on that PK, had a number of great setups, and almost had a header for a goal... but he also had a few brain cramps and really bad giveaways. Unfortunately, what most will remember him for in this match was the aforementioned action.

Oh Zidane. What a way to end it. I'd love to know what was said to him to provoke such a brain fart. Such a shame. Still, he'll be remembered as the greatest player of his generation by far.

Was rooting for France, but am glad the Italians have something to celebrate, especially given the state Italian football is in at the moment.

All hail Italy and their pint-sized captain.

I don't think the result would have been any different, but what a black mark on Zidane's career. What makes someone do that?!?!? What could POSSIBLY be so bad that you would give up your chance to win the World Cup?!?

BTW - on the way back home we skirted Preston Street (our little Italy) and it is going crazy. I think there are more cars honking through the streets than when we won olympic hockey gold. :o

Edited by Don

I don't think the result would have been any different, but what a black mark on Zidane's career. What makes someone do that?!?!? What could POSSIBLY be so bad that you would give up your chance to win the World Cup?!?

BTW - on the way back home we skirted Preston Street (our little Italy) and it is going crazy. I think there are more cars honking through the streets than when we won olympic hockey gold. :o

When your blood's up and you're a bit frustrated, maybe the balls haven't been going your way, anything can happen. Who knows, maybe Maserwhateverzzi insulted his mother. It's just a shame he won't have the chance to make up for this mistake. He must have been the loneliest man in the world in that dressing room. And the result may well have been different. If Zizou had stayed on until the end, he would have taken a penalty, scored and alleviated the pressure somewhat and Trezegeut may not have missed. Then again, if the coach hadn't taken Henry off, he may have scored as well. Instead, the cup goes to an Italian side, many amongst whom may well be playing in the third division next year.

When your blood's up and you're a bit frustrated, maybe the balls haven't been going your way, anything can happen. Who knows, maybe Maserwhateverzzi insulted his mother. It's just a shame he won't have the chance to make up for this mistake. He must have been the loneliest man in the world in that dressing room. And the result may well have been different. If Zizou had stayed on until the end, he would have taken a penalty, scored and alleviated the pressure somewhat and Trezegeut may not have missed. Then again, if the coach hadn't taken Henry off, he may have scored as well. Instead, the cup goes to an Italian side, many amongst whom may well be playing in the third division next year.

Well of course he must have been at least a little frustrated, but you have to control yourself. There is no excuse for doing something that stupid and taking yourself out of the game like that.

Zidane :argh:

What a horrible way for such a talent to end his career. Its like if Scott Stevens pulled a McSorley or Bertuzzi in his last game.

If someone can make an animated gif of the headbutt-o-doom, I'd appreciate it.

:lol::lol::lol:

take your pick

zidane29b.gif

zidane10is.gif

post311524856598tj.gif

Theres a great one someone made of him headbutting and destroying the Death Star, but the bandwidth is all dried up on it :lol:

Meh... Italy did not deserve this cup anyone who watched this tourney and the game has to agree - they did nothing thru out including when they had an extra guy they just sat back .. Zidane's move was unfortunate... and like Jimmy said at least the US squad did not lose vs Italy.

I don't watch much soccer but I did watch a few games. After the final today i went down to Corydon street, which is a long as$ street full of pubs, bars, whatever. Like the red mile or the oilers street. So anyway, i swear there were over 3000 Peggers down there, drunk, you couldn't even drive down the road they had it blocked off with people and cops were trying to let traffic through. good times (B) :koolaid:

Meh... Italy did not deserve this cup anyone who watched this tourney and the game has to agree - they did nothing thru out including when they had an extra guy they just sat back .. Zidane's move was unfortunate... and like Jimmy said at least the US squad did not lose vs Italy.

Why didn't they deserve it, because some Aussie defender flopped down in the penalty area and the Italian guy shrewedly dribbled into his path to get a penalty? Italy was duped a hundred times worse by that non-existent French penalty kick although at least the official redeemed himself to an extent by doing the due dillegence on the Zidane head-butt which he almost got away with.

And even if they had lost to the US (which they probably should have given the stupid red card for Mastoroni) they still would have advanced as group winners. I wasn't rooting against the French as much as I was rooting for Italy, but Zidane was a punk at the end of the game and the French player that rolled over in the penalty area was almost as big a punk.

This World Cup was awful though, just unwatchable. Too many unneccesary cards, too many bad penalty kick calls, and too few goals. It wasn't just Italy playing defense, nobody outside of Germany, Argentina and Brazil - who was half asleep in the tournament and paid for it - played any sort of offense.

Edited by NJDevs26