Presenting...the New Jersey Devils last 26 shootout attempts

'7'

I realize that. There are some people though that seem to think that's not the case.

lol I stand corrected, my sarcasm meter must need fixing.

Getting back on topic, I mean most of the time I might agree shootout records and results are 'somewhat' random but not when it's this pronounced for this long.

lol I stand corrected, my sarcasm meter must need fixing.

Getting back on topic, I mean most of the time I might agree shootout records and results are 'somewhat' random but not when it's this pronounced for this long.

It also leads me to conclude that that Kovalchuk guy was a pretty valuable player. 

That Kovalchuk guy wasn't very good at the shootout.

Kovalchuk had more shootout goals in one year than the Devils have had since he left, and by a pretty healthy margin.  In the shortened season, he was 2 of 6, which is better than anyone on the Devils since he left. 

This has to be sarcasm. [unnamed] has the record for most shootout goals in one season and most game-deciding shootout goals in one season. 

No, it doesn't.  Kovalchuk is lifetime not that good.  Maybe he figured it out, but we didn't have enough data to determine whether he had.

No, it doesn't.  Kovalchuk is lifetime not that good.  Maybe he figured it out, but we didn't have enough data to determine whether he had.

Compared to what's occurred after he left, that's sample size enough.  And, he did credit Marty for a change in the way he approached the shootout, so it's just as good an indication that he actually figured something out. 

Compared to what's occurred after he left, that's sample size enough.  And, he did credit Marty for a change in the way he approached the shootout, so it's just as good an indication that he actually figured something out. 

Kovalchuk was certainly better than what has come after.  That doesn't mean that having him gets the Devils a ton more shootout wins.