Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

I hadn't seen this posted yet:

Police make Winter Classic Brawl Arrest

"The instigator of a brutal fight that ended with a New York Rangers fan lying stunned in the middle of a Philadelphia intersection faces assault charges stemming from the altercation between rival hockey fans following the NHL Winter Classic, police said Friday."

Another brawl involving Flyers fans! The kicker? BOTH were from New Jersey! I'm curious how two drunk a$$holes managed to knockout an off-duty police officer, and an Iraq War vet..

Video of the incident:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7428428

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#2 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Jersey makes up a large portion of the Flyers fan base. And I'm never surprised on who knocks out who, especially if it's 2 on 1.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#3 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

The idiot posted about it on the internet bragging about how he beat the hell out of him then tried to remove it. How is that possible?! The guy wasnt intelligent?! NOOOO WAY! :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#4 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

"The instigator of a brutal fight that ended with a New York Rangers fan lying stunned in the middle of a Philadelphia intersection faces assault charges stemming from the altercation between rival hockey fans following the NHL Winter Classic, police said Friday."

Another brawl involving Flyers fans! The kicker? BOTH were from New Jersey! I'm curious how two drunk a$holes managed to knockout an off-duty police officer, and an Iraq War vet..

Video of the incident:

So, the Rangers fan was from New Jersey, and the Flyers fan was from New Jersey. ... Yep, that sounds about right.

#5 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

The idiot posted about it on the internet bragging about how he beat the hell out of him then tried to remove it. How is that possible?! The guy wasnt intelligent?! NOOOO WAY! :rolleyes:

Wasn't that guy: http://woodbridge.pa...-woodbridge-cop

Dude who claimed it was him on Broad St Hockey was just an idiot.

This is the dude they arrested: http://woodbridge.pa...es-rangers-game

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#6 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Wasn't that guy: http://woodbridge.pa...-woodbridge-cop

Dude who claimed it was him on Broad St Hockey was just an idiot.

This is the dude they arrested: http://woodbridge.pa...es-rangers-game

Gloucester county is a pit. That joke NJ map that came out awhile back, the part that said "basically Alabama" or whatever, they forgot Gloucester county. Where most of the people talk with hick accents even though no one else within a couple hundred mile radius does.

Edited by maxpower, 13 January 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#7 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

Another brawl involving Flyers fans! The kicker? BOTH were from New Jersey! I'm curious how two drunk a$$holes managed to knockout an off-duty police officer, and an Iraq War vet..

Video of the incident:

The agressor should be made an example of. There is no reason for that in society. None.

Also, just on a side note, It kinda bothers me that they have to add the fact that he's an off-duty police officer / Iraq veteran in that every time they write the article.

Kinda makes me feel that the media paint a picture that those in civil service can't be "wrong"...

I respect members of civil service, but in this case, he was a regular Rangers fan waiting on line for a cheese steak and I really don't think his veteran status should make a difference.

Its typical of the media in an effort to garner up support. If it was anyone in any other station of life it would not have been as "sensational" of a news report...

#8 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Video of the incident:

Anybody can knock anybody out at any time. It doesn't matter that they're in law enforcement or served in Iraq. Half of the cops I work with aren't even big. They can run forever, do some push ups and pull ups but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have glass jaws.
Anyway I'm glad they caught the dudes. I mean I think what happened could have went either way since the officer and vet were throwing punches as well.
I don't really see much happening here. At the most the dude will get hit with court costs and probation.
I'm sorry. After reading the report the guy had prior arrests and was already on probation, plus the cop he assaulted needs or needed surgery for his face. This guy will probably face a little bit of jail time unless he has an incredible lawyer.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3, 13 January 2012 - 06:39 PM.

Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#9 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

The agressor should be made an example of. There is no reason for that in society. None.

Also, just on a side note, It kinda bothers me that they have to add the fact that he's an off-duty police officer / Iraq veteran in that every time they write the article.

Kinda makes me feel that the media paint a picture that those in civil service can't be "wrong"...

I respect members of civil service, but in this case, he was a regular Rangers fan waiting on line for a cheese steak and I really don't think his veteran status should make a difference.

Its typical of the media in an effort to garner up support. If it was anyone in any other station of life it would not have been as "sensational" of a news report...

I'm in law enforcement and I completely agree here. 100%.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#10 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

+ 1. Some cops are dicks, some aren't. This guy is a hockey fan who did very little wrong and got beaten up for no reason. No need to change the story.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#11 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

incidents like this are disgusting and makes me not want to go to games anymore. one thing is playful ribbing and teasing, but physical violence is taking it too far.

#12 Scott Stevens #4

Scott Stevens #4

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

I'm not surprised at all, Flyers fans are idiots period, thinking they always have to use their fist to settle a dispute

Edited by Scott Stevens #4, 17 January 2012 - 05:48 AM.

Posted Image,

#13 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

Gloucester county is a pit. That joke NJ map that came out awhile back, the part that said "basically Alabama" or whatever, they forgot Gloucester county. Where most of the people talk with hick accents even though no one else within a couple hundred mile radius does.

Pretty much describes Flyers fans from NJ.. And Flyers fans in general live for the big hits their team throws around.. They cheer wildly even on bumps into the boards.. They pride themselves on being "tough and rowdy" but it's really just strength in numbers.. I will say that it's only a small percentage of the fan base that is like this, but that small percentage is a big enough bunch of idiots that they stain the whole group's name

Edited by Colin226, 17 January 2012 - 08:55 AM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

+1

This guy is from Glassboro. I went to school in Glassboro (Rowan U). The townies there are among the absolute dregs of society.

It's time to ban sporting events from Philadelphia. The people in that region have proven time and time again that they just can't handle it.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users