Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Really doubting that Clarksons stays.

me too, the old 'we haven't offered him a contract' bit feels Rafalski-esque.  At this point I'm okay with it, though the Devils have to get another shooter, whether it be Stalberg or Briere or someone else.

If Clarkson leaves (which seems likely at this point), we could get an upgrade in Horton for nothing. But he's gonna get bank, so I'm not counting on it.

Yeah, I'm not sure whether we're not offering him a contract because we don't have the funds or maybe he told Lou he's not taking less than 5 million (just made that figure up) AAV.  Very odd 

me too, the old 'we haven't offered him a contract' bit feels Rafalski-esque. At this point I'm okay with it, though the Devils have to get another shooter, whether it be Stalberg or Briere or someone else.

Agreed. I would stay away from Horton as I think he is a prime candidate for an even more ridiculous deal than Clarkson and his concussion issues concern me on a long term deal. I think Lou may already know Clarksons intentions as well.

as for clarkson -- well why didn't anyone ever offer Jay Pandolfo mad money... what gives?  It's just because Clarkson is cute and a bad boy and smacks of POP-ular-ity.   Hmehhh  he'll be cute wherever he goes... and he'll suck too.  <_<  yeaaaah yeah.. he'll suck here too but hey, I can polish that turd as much as Lou could Jay Pandolfo, you know?  grrr...

Some good stuff from TG on Twitter Lamoriello on re-signing Clarkson: "David, I don’t know at this point. We’ll certainly talk and I’ll leave it at that.”

Also, of idea of a team giving offer sheet to Henrique: "If that happens, we will never let somebody take a player. We’ll match anything.”

Lamoriello said he sat down with Johan Hedberg this morning to discuss "options." Lamoriello wouldn't discuss (with me) trade, buyout, etc.

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice

I read last night that Minnesota may try to move Setoguchi for defensive help. I wonder if they'd be open to take Tallinder for him? Both players are UFA's after next year and their salaries are nearly identical (Setoguchi: $3,000,000 vs. Tallinder: $3,375,000).

I'd take the Gooch to replace Clarkson

Lecavalier met a lot of team... and i dont know about Єklund (2.3% accurate) But maybe just maybe we met him... Some team were plublic other were not and knowing lou we just never know what could happen (just look at yesterday i made 15 prediction of what lou could or would do and i never suspect us getting schneider)

Lecavalier met a lot of team... and i dont know about Єklund (2.3% accurate) But maybe just maybe we met him... Some team were plublic other were not and knowing lou we just never know what could happen (just look at yesterday i made 15 prediction of what lou could or would do and i never suspect us getting schneider)

TSN had a list during the draft yesterday and I don't remember seeing the Devils on the list.