Voros

CMONPETEYD

I think a lot of people are eating their words tonight.

I always like Voros and I was sad to see him go...now I hate him of course since he's on the Rangers.

Still, I know it's only one game but he's having a great year so far. It was a mistake to let him go.

Edited by JWomp

6 instead of 4, my friend....and this is his second year......

Was it 6? Holy man

Hate to say it but this was a bad panic move by Lou after seeing Gomez go. Unless we can get Crosby or Ovechkin.. or a playmaker almost on their level, Zubrus will be a bust.

Edited by nmigliore

I always liked Voros until he went to the NYR. Devils should have never let him go. :argh: Voros is reminding me a lot of Randy McKay.

Devils need to put Holik infront of the net on the PP. With his size and strength he can be a force. he should have been on the PP tonight infront of the Queen Henry.

I always liked Voros until he went to the NYR. Devils should have never let him go. :argh: Voros is reminding me a lot of Randy McKay.

Devils need to put Holik infront of the net on the PP. With his size and strength he can be a force. he should have been on the PP tonight infront of the Queen Henry.

That wont work because:

a - nobody can hit the net 50% of the time

b - they block our shots 40% of the time

c - the pucks that DO get through aren't deflected and the goalie makes the save easily 10% of the time.

Voros clearly did some good things tonight...but let's see him continue to be a force before making too much out of him.

This was bad to let him go, but not as bad as signing Zubust to a 4 year deal. Reminds me of the Mets giving Castillo a 4 year deal.

holy hell dude what is your problem with Zubrus?! The guy is certainly not the Gomez replacement we hoped for but he IS big IS skilled and IS making plays.

Plus off the top of my head he did score around 35-40 points last season while being shuffled around on every line and position except defense and goalie.

If you are going to waste your energy and waste away my sanity with endless rants about one of our players atleast make it against Rupp who, as it turns out, played almost the entire year last year an got what, 6 points ... 7 maybe.

Answer me this who would you expect to get for less than the 3'ish million he's making that will get the 35-40 points he's getting not to mention the versatility that he gives us?

Take the beer goggles that you are clearly watching these games through off and actually watch whats going on.

Voros clearly did some good things tonight...but let's see him continue to be a force before making too much out of him.

CR, the kid has size and grit and not afraid to park himself infront of the net to make a disturbance. He is the NYR new Avery this season. He also scores goals which is a plus. Voros will no longer see the AHL if he continues to play like he did tonight and so far this season in their 1st 5 games.

holy hell dude what is your problem with Zubrus?! The guy is certainly not the Gomez replacement we hoped for but he IS big IS skilled and IS making plays.

Plus off the top of my head he did score around 35-40 points last season while being shuffled around on every line and position except defense and goalie.

If you are going to waste your energy and waste away my sanity with endless rants about one of our players atleast make it against Rupp who, as it turns out, played almost the entire year last year an got what, 6 points ... 7 maybe.

Answer me this who would you expect to get for less than the 3'ish million he's making that will get the 35-40 points he's getting not to mention the versatility that he gives us?

Take the beer goggles that you are clearly watching these games through off and actually watch whats going on.

I've ranted against Rupp already. Zubust got a ridiculous contract length.. i mean really, 6 years, does Brodeur even that length? I think it was Lou wearing the beer goggles when he made that deal.

I'd take Zubrus for 10 mil over 3 years.

Edited by nmigliore

voros won't be on the power play for the rangers much longer.

i'd still take action on voros UNDER 12 goals this season.

and lol at the castillo reference - nmigliore, you really know nothing. first of all, zubrus was one of new jersey's best forwards tonight - he and madden were tremendous in the 2nd half of the game.

Edited by Triumph

and lol at the castillo reference - nmigliore, you really know nothing. first of all, zubrus was one of new jersey's best forwards tonight - he and madden were tremendous in the 2nd half of the game.

Oh sorry Mr Arrogance, but why dont you call me when we see some production. That doesn't count scoring 13 goals. He probably will put up 15 goals this year (definitely much less if hes on the 4th line all year).. If thats what hes probable of doing now, I wonder how kind of production he'll put up in another 4 years.

So he had a tremendous game..? Wheres the production though? I can argue Madden works his ass of every game too but it doesn't translate into production. And so can be said about every player. Its not like hes making 750k to put in hard work. Hes here for 6 laughable years to put some goals on the board while hauling in 3.4 mil/year.

Edited by nmigliore

Voros's departure had more to do with personality/attitude issues than ability.

ah the enigmatic bullettoothtony - always in the know yet never sharing all. i'd be curious to know more. voros didn't do that much at the AHL level and was dumped for nothing after the trade deadline - he was already waiver eligible and had been passed over by every team (i think).

nmigliore, you don't understand these things: the salary cap, the nature of unrestricted free agency, the necessity of overpaying in years or dollars for 'your guy', the winner's curse (viz. zubrus), or what you're talking about at all. zubrus had 14:31 of ice time - or, translated, as much as brian gionta, or 3 minutes more than david clarkson.

ah the enigmatic bullettoothtony - always in the know yet never sharing all. i'd be curious to know more. voros didn't do that much at the AHL level and was dumped for nothing after the trade deadline - he was already waiver eligible and had been passed over by every team (i think).

Nothing earth shattering, Voros was just more cocky and obstinate than the organization prefers. Not a big deal anyway because Voros will come back to Earth, just like he did with the Wild last season. But there's a reason beyond on ice performance that guys like Rasmussen, Rupp, Tallackson and Clarkson get opportunities and guys like Voros, Nittel and Pikkarainen never did. Lou likes his sheep. That's why Corrente and Palmieri better mind their p's and q's.

Nothing earth shattering, Voros was just more cocky and obstinate than the organization prefers. Not a big deal anyway because Voros will come back to Earth, just like he did with the Wild last season. But there's a reason beyond on ice performance that guys like Rasmussen, Rupp, Tallackson and Clarkson get opportunities and guys like Voros, Nittel and Pikkarainen never did. Lou likes his sheep. That's why Corrente and Palmieri better mind their p's and q's.

well, nittel and pikkarainen never got their shot anywhere else, either.

and yes voros will come back to earth. i'm sure we all remember when marc chouinard was among the leading scorers in 2005-06 through the first month. oh wait, no one but marc chouinard and me remember that.