Voros

CMONPETEYD

ah the enigmatic bullettoothtony - always in the know yet never sharing all. i'd be curious to know more. voros didn't do that much at the AHL level and was dumped for nothing after the trade deadline - he was already waiver eligible and had been passed over by every team (i think).

nmigliore, you don't understand these things: the salary cap, the nature of unrestricted free agency, the necessity of overpaying in years or dollars for 'your guy', the winner's curse (viz. zubrus), or what you're talking about at all. zubrus had 14:31 of ice time - or, translated, as much as brian gionta, or 3 minutes more than david clarkson.

Hmmm, from someone who thinks we could have found a better guy on the blueline for less that what we gave to....Bryce Salvador.

I remember Voros was going to score 20-30 last season as well :lol:

Voros has gotten off to hot starts before...he was averaging a PPG early on in Albany when Parise played there (he faded big-time after that). He also started off strong for the Wild when he got his chance last season. Yeah, it sucks that the Devils lost to the Rangers AGAIN and that an ex-Devil property was in the middle of it with three points, but let's stop acting like this guy's now some gem that the Devils let get away. Way too early for that.

And even if he somehow DOES continue to be productive (I'll believe it when I see it), who can honestly say that they saw it coming, based on his AHL career and last season? A whole lot of NHL teams and scouts sure didn't.

CR, the kid has size and grit and not afraid to park himself infront of the net to make a disturbance. He is the NYR new Avery this season. He also scores goals which is a plus. Voros will no longer see the AHL if he continues to play like he did tonight and so far this season in their 1st 5 games.

And that is the golden statement right there. If he continues.

One of his problems at the AHL was consistency. When he was in Albany, I liked him...he'd get in the other teams face, and he could score.......but not consistently.

As someone else said, he had a good burst on the Wild last year........then how'd that pan out for the rest of the year? Just take a look at his stats on hockeydb.......they don't exactly stand out. He has found a niche on a team....for the moment. let's discuss this again in December.

People last season thought Voros was on the verge of making things big, I pointed out his huge shooting percentage couldn't stay that high, it proceeded to fall more towards his average and he went dead cold the rest of the year. His shooting percentage this season is like over 30%, that won't stay that way.

The problem with the Rangers is that they have really needed his production, it hasn't come as a nice bonus.

Zherdev with 2 in 8 and Naslund with 1 in 8, and Dawes on another planet, would concern me just as much as Voros going on a great run would make me happy.

Edited by maxpower

People last season thought Voros was on the verge of making things big, I pointed out his huge shooting percentage couldn't stay that high, it proceeded to fall more towards his average and he went dead cold the rest of the year. His shooting percentage this season is like over 30%, that won't stay that way.

Of course not. And he won't finish with 92 points either. But even if the kid finished with 20 goals and 25 assists, that is an outstanding pickup.

Of course not. And he won't finish with 92 points either. But even if the kid finished with 20 goals and 25 assists, that is an outstanding pickup.

He could do that but he finished last season with 7 and 7, even with his really hot streak in there, where some people thought he was going to really assert his value. The Wild didn't seem too unhappy to let him go and he's 27 with under 75 games in the NHL. He had 1 point in his last 33 games of the season last year. So we'll see where he ends up at the end of this season.

still taking the under on 12. voros has slightly less than 2 shots on goal per game so far. a slight downturn in that particular number and oops voros is off the 2nd line because he's not making enough happen.

of course they've 'needed' voros, the rangers have also been winning one-goal games, but somehow around here that amounts to the rangers being good. meanwhile when new jersey does it the devils are terrible.

Edited by Triumph

• 3 weeks later...

He's doing what Avery did last season: staking himself in front of the net and annoying the crap out of goalies. Tonight near the end of the game, Mike Smith lost it, swung his stick like an axe at Voros' leg. After Smith made the save and stoppage of play, Voros had a few words, and a few punches were exchanged between the two.

We can't allow Voros in front of the net on Wednesday.

bump for 1 point in his last 8, that one a joke assist on a goal tonight.

You stole my thunder Tri. I was thinking the same thing yesterday and was going to bump the thread, but you've already beat me to it.