Voros

CMONPETEYD

According to various reports, the Rangers also placed forward Aaron Voros and injured defenseman Eric Reitz on waivers Tuesday, sending a message that perhaps they have another transaction in the works. Voros signed a three-year contract with the club over the summer and Reitz, a restricted free agent after the season, was acquired in a trade with Minnesota on Jan. 29.

Last paragraph

• 1 month later...

Voros ends the year with 2 assists in his last 27 games.

53 games, 8 goals, 7 assists, 15 points. +/- -9.

Yet again showing people that fast starts shouldn't fool you into ignoring a players history....really any streak over a short period shouldn't cause you to ignore a players career.

I knew i wasnt going Mad:

731:

check this thread:

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?sho...37109&st=20

It would seem we do have a bet after all and right now im getting killed.

I won the Pando bet...and even though I can't find it I lost the Gionta bet I'm pretty sure I made. I think I needed Gio to hit 23 goals for a push...instead the guy gets 60 points, which I wouldn't have bet on. :lol: I think it was 20 bucks I owe the board.

• 7 months later...

By his own admission, there are definitely times when Tri can come off as smug and arrogant, but this isn't one of them; in Tri's defense, this thread now has some relevance and deserves a bump, with Rupp getting off to a quick start, and some fans trying to blame for the Devils for either misusing him or letting him go. Tri was also hardly the only person to come the conclusion that Voros would cool off and come back to Earth...more than a few of us who posted in this thread shared similar sentiments.

It won't surprise me one bit if the Rupp hat trick thread gets bumped next season, for the same reasons.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

yea if someone wants to bump a thread like this where i was wrong, be my guest, there's plenty of them around and they're not hard to find.

i was moved to find it by a discussion on another board where rangers fans were trashing voros; i hadn't realized how little of a factor he was this year.

• 2 months later...

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

Aaron Voros waived today. This is the Devils chance to correct their mistake! :lol:

Sign him to a five-game contract. He seems to produce in his first 5-7 games or so before disappearing. Then let him sign somewhere else for five games. Who knows...by the end of a full season he'll put up about a PPG and he'll get to add 20 game-worn jerseys to his collection.

• 11 months later...