Restoring Faded Autographs?

grcenter47

I was wondering if it is possible to restore an autograph that has been fading on a baseball signed in black pen. In 1994, I was able to get Mariano Rivera's autograph for free at a car dealership and it seems like its fading slightly and is not as dark as my other autographs that were done in blue ink. I have had it in a protective UV case too I really do not want to restore it for the fear of ruining it. Any suggestions? :(

mo.jpg

There's nothing to be done with the autograph. Best thing to do is keep it out of the light, period.

If the ball was signed in ball point black it might be the reason why the autograph dulled. I was told years ago, even though it's a ball point pen (recommended for balls), the black ink has problems staying on the ball long term. I think it has something to do with the chemical in the black ink and the ball's hide. I've only used blue ink and only buy blue ink signed balls since then as i didn't want to learn the hard way if true.

If the ball was signed in a pen other then ball point, then that's probably the reason or the ball was exposed to too much light or handled at one time.

There's nothing to be done with the autograph. Best thing to do is keep it out of the light, period.

If the ball was signed in ball point black it might be the reason why the autograph dulled. I was told years ago, even though it's a ball point pen (recommended for balls), the black ink has problems staying on the ball long term. I think it has something to do with the chemical in the black ink and the ball's hide. I've only used blue ink and only buy blue ink signed balls since then as i didn't want to learn the hard way if true.

If the ball was signed in a pen other then ball point, then that's probably the reason or the ball was exposed to too much light or handled at one time.

it must be the ink because i have it in a case away from light. ugh... i figured nothing could be done :argh:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.