Viewing Party 3/1/12 - 6:30pm Devils @ Bruins

Devils Dose

I've heard some good things about this place.. This one should also be very accessible to a lot of Devils fans.. We had a good turnout at the last one on Monday in Edison (filled the entire restaurant) so hopefully this one gets a good showing as well

lol given the size of Anthony's I dont think it would take much to fill that place up. But it was a good time, the food is def great (minus the saltiness of the pizza), and the location for me was excellent since Edison is not too far for me.

Will the Devils ever do another one at Zeppelin Hall in JC? I need an excuse to travel that far to try that place out lol.

I hope this one goes well. I've been waiting forever for Bergen County to get one of these parties -- everyone assumes Bergen always gets them, but they've never had one -- but unfortunately I can't make it tonight. Have fun, whoever goes!

Will the Devils ever do another one at Zeppelin Hall in JC? I need an excuse to travel that far to try that place out lol.

Seconded. I missed the one in Hoboken as it was "date night" and I couldnt talk her into it. I dont want to drive to any of em.

The place had a great sports bar feel: large rectangular 360o bar, neon signs, logos, and memorabilia on the walls and ceiling, 10 or so TVs, $2 light beers (and cleavaged bartenders ;) ).

The establishment did not have enough seats though. Many people were left standing with their drinks and there wasn't even a ledge to use for placing them. Some darts tournament was going on at the same time. Devils fans stood behind members of their regular crowd to snap up their seats whenever they left. Some people who looked like they weren't there to watch the game tepped in, looked around, and left. It was also difficult to hear the game if you weren't in the projector screen's area.

The trivia contest was good though, and so was my burger (which was topped with cheese, bacon, pulled pork, sauteed onion, and BBQ sauce).

The place had a great sports bar feel: large rectangular 360o bar, neon signs, logos, and memorabilia on the walls and ceiling, 10 or so TVs, $2 light beers (and cleavaged bartenders ;) ).

The establishment did not have enough seats though. Many people were left standing with their drinks and there wasn't even a ledge to use for placing them. Some darts tournament was going on at the same time. Devils fans stood behind members of their regular crowd to snap up their seats whenever they left. Some people who looked like they weren't there to watch the game tepped in, looked around, and left. It was also difficult to hear the game if you weren't in the projector screen's area.

The trivia contest was good though, and so was my burger (which was topped with cheese, bacon, pulled pork, sauteed onion, and BBQ sauce).

I really wish these places that agree to hold these viewing parties would stop treating them as an after-thought. Were they really expecting a low turnout where they scheduled a darts tournament? If the darts was scheduled first and knew there was to be a lot of people then they should have agreed to a different date for the viewing party. It sounds like people were uncomfortable in this situation due to this.

This is not the first time this situation has happened.

Was there a decent fan turnout?

We practically filled the entire place, aside from the darts tournament area.. These parties have been very successful this season and we've had a record number already.. It's really great to see fans coming out and it's awesome that the team is connecting with the young adult demographic as they come of age to buy larger ticket plans