Barry Bonds - beat Hank's record - what a disgrace

Satans Hockey

If we are going to say Bonds is "the greatest" player of our generation when he hasn't even won a championship it's a joke to me. Great players win championships. If they aren't doing that than who gives a sh!t if they play well and miss the playoffs or don't win a ring. It means nothing. On the loser part I just meant Bonds cause he is a cheater.

I didn't see anyone post about him tying Hank's record. I think he is a disgrace. In the age of steroids and juiced baseballs how can anyone defend this guy? ESPN was defending him on Baseball Tonight and I wanted to :puke: It was nice to hear some of the guys on WFAN radio say he is garbage. I don't think he should make the Hall of Fame either. Cheaters shouldn't be allowed to.

Thoughts?

The whole thing was disgusting. Listening to the windbags at ESPN defend Bonds and his hollow record was even more disgusting. I can't stand A-rod, but I hope he breaks this record in a few years so it can be legit again.
Edited by Triumph

right because the evidence that a-rod is clean is what, exactly?

i'd also looove to hear people defend hank aaron's use of methanphetamines or 'greenies' in the 60s and 70s - Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays also took them.

Barry Bonds is a huge a$$hole. No denying that. But it's his record, for now.

also, re: winners winning championships - yeah, that ernie banks sucked, i'd rather have david eckstein. ted williams was a loser also, i'd rather have scott brosius.

Well, so far A-Rod's name has never been brought up in any of the Balco investigations, so that's a start. He also has never been asked to testify in front of congress, so you have that. And his size from the time he entered baseball to now hasn't gotten out of control to the point where he currently looks like a caricature of himself. So he has that going for him too. Outside of Canseco's "dirt"- and one must consider the source and the motivation of said source to sell books- there has been nothing suggesting that A-Rod is a juicer.

Personally, I could care less if Bond's cheated or not...the record is legit because he hit 756 home runs...and thats it. If baseball could prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he used illegal steriods, then Barry would have been thrown out of baseball and the issue would have been closed. But, due to the ineptitude of MLB, they didn't.

Also, how do we know none of the "old guard record holders" cheated themselves...they may not have had steriods but are plently of ways to gain an edge...players have been doing that since sports began and that will never change.

Now that I think about it, I think it would rock if EVERY baseball player was on 'roids. It would be like that Bugs Bunny cartoon when the giant players are in a conga line cracking HR after HR....dum dum dum dum dum...CRACK

I also love Barry's FU attitude towards the media...classic

His feet grew from size 10 1/2 to size 13. His head grew from size 7 1/8 to 7 3/4.

Can someone tell me what exercises an over 30 man can do to increase those 2 things?

Cock push-ups.

How many World Series rings does he have? Oh yea, zero. Sorry but I believe the best players of our generation are champions, and Bonds is nothing but a loser.

How many WS rings did Ernie Banks win? Oh that's right. He never got to one. How has A-Rod fared in October? More like Alvaro Espinoza and Rafael Santana than one of the best to ever play the game. Griffey? Wouldn't know.

You made an obnoxious statement. Why? Probably because you loathe the guy and feel he owes you something. Well, guess what. He doesn't owe anyone anything. You want to blame someone for this circus? Blame Bud Selig and MLB because they turned their collective backs on everything that went on behind the scenes.

They celebrated McGwire's record big time. He and Sosa were heroes.

And the awful ugly truth about this whole thing is that had the government (our government) not gotten involved, nothing would ever have changed.

I'm also done reading the NY Post after what they did. Screw that ridiculous paper. The problem is the media feels they're owed. As if they knew what it takes to play the game. Cheating has been going on forever in baseball. How come there was never any dirt printed back then? Because they had more respect for the players who played the game. That's gone out the window. Screw all the cheap idiots like Lupica with their selfserving agendas who probably don't have any balls.

Do I feel bad that this record won't be celebrated? Not really. Baseball did it to themselves.

You made an obnoxious statement. Why? Probably because you loathe the guy and feel he owes you something. Well, guess what. He doesn't owe anyone anything. You want to blame someone for this circus? Blame Bud Selig and MLB because they turned their collective backs on everything that went on behind the scenes.

I'm not going to blame Bud Selig or the MLB, they might not have done anything about steroids but they didn't force Bonds to do them. He said he didn't know they were steroids. Bullsh!t, he is a grown man and he isn't stupid, he damn well knows what goes into his body. If he had any respect for himself or the game he wouldn't use that garbage. It's the same deal with wrestlers, these guys are knowingly doing steroids, no one makes them and anyone who says they "have to use them to compete" is just using that as an excuse.

I hope they drag Bonds and his fake record through the mud because that is what he deserves. He is no one to look up to or even respect with all the tax evasions going on, cheating on his wife and all that other fun stuff.

fvck him.

I'm not going to blame Bud Selig or the MLB, they might not have done anything about steroids but they didn't force Bonds to do them. He said he didn't know they were steroids. Bullsh!t, he is a grown man and he isn't stupid, he damn well knows what goes into his body. If he had any respect for himself or the game he wouldn't use that garbage. It's the same deal with wrestlers, these guys are knowingly doing steroids, no one makes them and anyone who says they "have to use them to compete" is just using that as an excuse.

I hope they drag Bonds and his fake record through the mud because that is what he deserves. He is no one to look up to or even respect with all the tax evasions going on, cheating on his wife and all that other fun stuff.

fvck him.

Yep. He's completely evil and at fault. Just Barry! He's never done anything good either off the field. Like we really know the whole story. MLB was very responsible. There wouldn't even be any rule changes if the government hadn't stepped in because baseball didn't care.

I wrote a piece about it last night. Here's a link with a couple of excerpts:

http://www.hittingback.com/?cat=14

Lately, so much has been made of how Bonds did it. What should

Yep. He's completely evil and at fault. Just Barry! He's never done anything good either off the field. Like we really know the whole story. MLB was very responsible. There wouldn't even be any rule changes if the government hadn't stepped in because baseball didn't care.

Mark and Sosa and the rest of them are cheaters in my eyes too. Bonds has just done a whole lot more to make me respect him less.

Edited by Satans Hockey

the point is there's a lot of cheating going on in every sport.

I'd prefer not to know about it personally.

it's also funny the attitude towards someone like shawne merriman who got caught - nowhere near the contempt bonds gets. that's because of the attitude of the media towards bonds - they can't stand that he doesn't give a fvck about them. i don't like bonds either, but the articles klapisch has been writing in the record make me vomit and i can't even finish them. i'm sure lupica and all the other holier-than-thou sportswriters in new york have been writing the same crap.

Theres so much cheating in baseball this generation that Barry just became the face because he was going after the most famous single player record. Off the field hes a good dad, he might sometiems come off as arogant but thats how it goes. Im not totally against his record, i dont like it at all but hey, its life.

the point is there's a lot of cheating going on in every sport. I'd prefer not to know about it personally.

it's also funny the attitude towards someone like shawne merriman who got caught - nowhere near the contempt bonds gets. that's because of the attitude of the media towards bonds - they can't stand that he doesn't give a fvck about them. i don't like bonds either, but the articles klapisch has been writing in the record make me vomit and i can't even finish them. i'm sure lupica and all the other holier-than-thou sportswriters in new york have been writing the same crap.

The 31655.jpg attitude towards steroids is going to ensure their proliferation. Is this what you are advocating? A complete repeal of all drug testing? :blink:

As for Bonds vs Merriman.... what record did Merriman break again?

no, Don - I don't want that. However, I also don't want to hear all this simpering garbage about the lack of integrity of athletes and so on and so forth. All this loss of innocence stuff about 'today's game' - Aaron, Mantle, and Mays are said to have cheated, and maybe Babe Ruth cheated, and who knows. I don't care. I mean, I do, but somewhere in between the naive paeans that George Will pens about the perfection of the national pastime and the sludge that Klapisch/Lupica/et. al have been scrawling over these past few days lie people - flawed, easily-tempted people, like the rest of us.

The irony is, naturally, that when players do get caught, their fans don't care. Nor should they! I don't want athletes to have to destroy their bodies to play professional sports but often that's what happens, steroids or not. I certainly don't want high school kids thinking that's the only road to success in pro sports (and most high school kids thinking about pro sports shouldn't be).

Don - Merriman did not break a record. However, he was named Defensive Player of the Year by some of the same media people who look down their noses at Bonds - the hypocrisy is disgusting. The point is that Bonds isn't the only guy, there are all sorts of utility infielders and relief pitchers cheating as well. I'm tired of hearing about Bonds being the only one.

Edited by Triumph

the point is there's a lot of cheating going on in every sport.

I'd prefer not to know about it personally.