Devils Swarm it up T-Shirts

VintageZach19

FOUND A STORE THAT MIGHT SELL THE DEVILS SWARM IT UP T SHIRTS ONLINE. I met a screen printing store owner over the weekend, who said he might design and sell t-shirts modeled after the Devils Swarm it up shirts and sweats Kovy made for the boys during the playoffs. They would look identical to the ones the team wore... a grey cotton t shirt, with the Devils logo and individual player number underneath. I think he's going to make shirts with 9, 17, 30, 14, 26, 23, 19 under the logo. He showed me a picture of the design for the back, and it looks exactly like the same font, dice and design of Swarm it up on the real Tees.

His only concern was that he'd make a bunch and people wouldnt be interested in them. I told him I'm sure he could sell a bunch, as this would be a pretty cool and unique shirt for Devs fans.

I told the owner i'd post on this forum to see if people would be interested in buying the shirts.... He's looking to sell for $20 each.

Hopefully he'll actually go through with it and make them. Once i find out more details i'll let you guys know.

Of course if you mean by team, you mean the marketing department, then you are correct. These guys enjoyed having this thing as theirs. You had multi-millionaires that put value on a simple shirt, etc. It was something special that by Zach's comments has not happened in the room recently or at all before. The last times guys probably experienced anything like it was juniors or before where this type of team thing is common. Just another reason guys that play juniors together speak long after their respective careers.

The reason they weren't put at the merch stands is because Lou knows it would frowned upon. If he is not gonna have multiple retro nights, he sure as hell isn't gonna ruin that locker room bond for a few thousand dollars hocking knock off shirts.

Of course if you mean by team, you mean the marketing department, then you are correct. These guys enjoyed having this thing as theirs. You had multi-millionaires that put value on a simple shirt, etc. It was something special that by Zach's comments has not happened in the room recently or at all before. The last times guys probably experienced anything like it was juniors or before where this type of team thing is common. Just another reason guys that play juniors together speak long after their respective careers.

The reason they weren't put at the merch stands is because Lou knows it would frowned upon. If he is not gonna have multiple retro nights, he sure as hell isn't gonna ruin that locker room bond for a few thousand dollars hocking knock off shirts.

How does having "Swarm it Up" shirts or towels lessen the meaning of the term in the locker room? In my opinion, it doesn't, at all. The players can still share that inside slogan among themselves just as they did before it became public knowledge...having fans adopt it too doesn't affect its impact in the locker room. If anything, the players probably get a kick out of seeing their little inside joke take off like it did.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a shirt, nor do I really like the "Swarm it Up" towel that I got, because it's something the players came up with and I'm still not convinced we know the true meaning/origin of it. However, I have no problem with the fans who do enjoy the whole "Swarm it Up" craze or who want "Swarm it Up" merchandise.

How does having "Swarm it Up" shirts or towels lessen the meaning of the term in the locker room? In my opinion, it doesn't, at all. The players can still share that inside slogan among themselves just as they did before it became public knowledge...having fans adopt it too doesn't affect its impact in the locker room. If anything, the players probably get a kick out of seeing their little inside joke take off like it did.

First, this Swarm It Up thing died the moment the clock reached 0 in game 6. But to continue the conversation anyway, I say too each their own, but I find it hard to believe that you can,t see how mass produced merch hocked on the concourse during the run wouldn't have been extremely tacky. Maybe I should clarify by adding that I am imagining replica shirts and sweats that the players had. The term Swarm It Up is fine. Having them on the rally towels was OK.

Not sure if I would put down even $20 to wear something with a phrase that was an inside-joke with the team during 1 playoff run. Fans in 5 years from now will see a handful of people wearing a shirt that says that and will have to think a couple of minutes before they remember what that is from.

I'll pass.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.