When is the worm gonna turn?

'7'

No puck luck? we scored 2 goals in 3 games and both we're puck luck

That game 1 goal was completely lucky, but if you delete that one and get better bounces for Parise and Fayne in close, that game is a 2-1 win in reg.

Edit: Or was the Parise chance that I'm thinking of in game 2? It's kind of a blur to me.

Edited by Devils Dose

I'll fill in for Triumph here:

Coming back from 3-0 in the SCF has been done once I believe in 1942. The cup has been handed out every year since 1893 so 120 times. 1 out of 120 is .83%. So the Devils have a less than 1% chance of coming back.

dumbtheresachance.gif

i guess the one comfort is that post lock out teams are a lot more balanced so we are equal in winning opportunities if you look objectively. scoring opportunities will obviously have to be capitalized at very high percentages for us to have a shot though.

all it takes is games like 1 and 2 where we bury some of the chances we fanned. it's not as hard as it looks on paper.

let me also add, one win tomorrow and we are back home. home crowd can tip them over if they have the one game confidence. going back to LA with a 3-2 will put serious pressure on them to win. that's the tipping point game.

And I think the kings will crack under that pressure. They haven't been tested or faced adversity this postseason. Let's see what making them sweat does. Devils in 7.

And I think the kings will crack under that pressure. They haven't been tested or faced adversity this postseason. Let's see what making them sweat does. Devils in 7.

The Kings will not feel *ANY* pressure unless we somehow won the next 2 and stretched it to Game 6 back at their arena...

They have a lot of room for error right now, and I think they will play loose.....

Let's just hope we can somehow win tomorrow and go from there....

And if Triumph were to post that, I would point out two things that I don't like about it. One is the inclusion of pre-NHL years, I'm not a fan of that. Two, you're counting all years, namely ones where one team didn't not get a 3-0 lead. So the probability that you give is really one of a particular scenario playing out in the finals, not the percentage of times a team down 3-0 has come back to win in the finals.

Okay, well we'll do what you asked since you are right. There have been 70 cup finals since the 7 game series came into effect. One team has come back from 0-3 to win. I'm not going to go into what teams came back to tie or win one game or win two games. We are expecting the maximum outcome to be a Devils victory. This particular scenario has happened once. Am I correct? Only one team has come back down 0-3 to win the Stanley Cup. The question is what are the odds, historically speaking, that the Devils will come back and WIN the Stanley Cup being down 0-3. Let's not talk about baseball or basketball, let's keep it to hockey and the Stanley Cup finals only. The theoretical probability is 1 out of 70, historically. Now we divide the numerator by the denominator and 1.4% chance, historically, that the Devils will come back to WIN the cup.

Capisce?

Okay, well we'll do what you asked since you are right. There have been 70 cup finals since the 7 game series came into effect. One team has come back from 0-3 to win. I'm not going to go into what teams came back to tie or win one game or win two games. We are expecting the maximum outcome to be a Devils victory. This particular scenario has happened once. Am I correct? Only one team has come back down 0-3 to win the Stanley Cup. The question is what are the odds, historically speaking, that the Devils will come back and WIN the Stanley Cup being down 0-3. Let's not talk about baseball or basketball, let's keep it to hockey and the Stanley Cup finals only. The theoretical probability is 1 out of 70, historically. Now we divide the numerator by the denominator and 1.4% chance, historically, that the Devils will come back to WIN the cup.

Capisce?

Haha how do u not get it?? Dude the only way you can come up with a legit probability is if you take all the series' that have started 0-3 and then use the 1 comeback to come up with your answer. I know there hasn't been 70 Stanley cup final series' that hav started out 0-3

Like Devils Dose said, you need to find the percentage of times a team down 3-0 has come back to win in the finals

Edited by Onddeck