GDT: Devils at Carolina, 3/28/15, 7pm

mfitz804

titans:  I'm beginning to think that Oates and Stevens will be the assistants and that they will hire a new head coach next year.  I hate Oates's PP but if they get rid of Gelinas it'll be fine.  The players seem to like Oates's hands-on approach and I think that was Lou's intention with hiring these two, it's not necessarily about systems but about how to optimize their play in certain spots.

I believe they will be assistants as well. For Lou to still be head coach means he doesn't want to give Oates or Stevens the head job knowing he may get someone else to take the job in the offseason. If he was going to go with Oates next year it would have happened by now.

I believe they will be assistants as well. For Lou to still be head coach means he doesn't want to give Oates or Stevens the head job knowing he may get someone else to take the job in the offseason. If he was going to go with Oates next year it would have happened by now.

Not necessarily a great move to me because I would rather the new head coach not have his assistants forced on him. I can see it happening though.