Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

In a NY minute.
McElroy 14 jerseys are selling faster than you can say Linsanity! -lol

..god I hate this team.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1642 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

u hate the team cus your but buddys career is over.

#1643 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

..the team needed a spark. -period.

I hate to break it to you, but this isn't the first time under the Rex\Sanchez era, that a backup QB has earned a victory for this team. In 2009 an injured Sanchez sat for Kellen Clemens against Tampa Bay. The Jets won 26-3. Clemens played all 4 quarters. This also happened in 2010 season. Last year January 2nd, 2011 the Jets beat the Bills 38-7 resting Sanchez. Mark Brunell threw 2 TD's, and played all 4 quarters.
So McElroy playing 18 minutes, completing all of 4 passes.. beating a team by 1 point, with a CFL quarterback in Ryan Lindley.. means what to me exactly?? That the Greg McElroy era has officially begun?

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1644 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

if u r going to credit brunel clemons mcelroy with wins, than u r also discrediting sanchez to. with that said that leaves sanchze with a career reg. season record of 29-27. so why r u so bound to the guy? mcelroy is faster younger and just won ur team a great game. y not support him?

#1645 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

How about whatever Qb performs better in practice this week starts in Jacksonville?

I gotta figure Sanchez gets next season. He's owed 8 million dollars...they'll upgrade the weapons around him and give him one last shot. And as infuriated as I've been with him...he deserves that at least.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1646 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Some positives from today

- Stephen Hill....had some nice grabs and zero drops

- The Powell and Greene rotation at RB had a very good day. Got stronger as the game went on...lots of tough runs against a very physical defense.

- The Jets 3rd down defense. I don't care who you're playing, going an entire game without allowing a 3rd down conversion is incredible.

- Cromartie on Fitzgerald...yea Lindley wasn't good enough to get the ball there anyway, but Fitzgerald was rarely open

- Kerley...relatively quiet all game but had a huge circus catch on a 3rd down conversion late in the 4th. He's a legit receiver. Not star level yet but his upside could be a Miles Austin type

Negatives

-Sanchez...no need to discuss further

-Keller coming up lame again

- Folk needs to snap the hell out of it already. 2 off the upright. I'll give him a pass on the 52 yarder, but he's got to make the 40 something yarder

- Westhoff asleep at the switch again during the fake punt

Edited by '7', 02 December 2012 - 11:46 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1647 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

How about whatever Qb performs better in practice this week starts in Jacksonville?

I gotta figure Sanchez gets next season. He's owed 8 million dollars...they'll upgrade the weapons around him and give him one last shot. And as infuriated as I've been with him...he deserves that at least.

I've always been in Sanchez's corner, based on the four road playoff wins in his first two seasons (obviously he didn't do it all alone, but his numbers were strong and he was a big reason why the Jets got to the AFC Championship game twice), but the numbers in the regular season overall for Sanchez are just bad. QB ratings aren't everything, but he has a 72.9 career regular season QB rating, (71.4 this season) and that is just awful, especially in this era of bloated QB numbers. And I know lack of weapons hasn't helped his cause, but he doesn't seem to be getting any better. I would agree, upgrade the weapons and give him next year, but I think the leash on him just got a lot shorter...I think Ryan really wanted to give Sanchez every last chance to keep his job, to be the guy who looked so solid in winning four playoff games, but finally had his hand forced.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1648 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

And sanchez returns as starts...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#1649 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Probably the right move. You've got to give him every chance to succeed, and the Jaguars should give him a nice confidence boost. However, if he throws out another stinker, he's done.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1650 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

After a seasons worth of the front office doing everything in their power to fvck Sanchez, they finally did right by him with this move.
It's bad enough they starved him of weapons, but look at the teams defenses he's played against this season, in conjunction with a no-name offense. Arizona; 6th best defense in the league.. 49ers; 2nd best.. Seattle; 4th best.. Houston; 5th best.. and Pittsburgh #1 overall. Couple that with the worst cast-of-characters in the NFL on offense, I'm actually stunned he only had 13 picks.

..now you have lesser defenses on the plate coming up in Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Buffalo.. ranked 27th, 31st, & 25th respectfully, and you're going to let McElroy feast on the garbage after you threw Sanchez in the fire all year?!
At that point upper management should've just come out and say "we want Sanchez to fail" because they would no longer be discreet about their intentions.. they'd be obvious.

#1651 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Still don't love the whole defensive ranking thing (like I've said, it's only based on yards allowed), but the rankings you listed are actually pretty close to their rankings in PA as well. NE's D has continued last year's trend of being ranked pretty low overall, but staying in the middle of the pack, as far as PA goes.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1652 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

disagree w/the move. sends a bad message to the team. almost like f u and ur contribusions. who cares if u won us the game, ur names not sanchez

#1653 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

disagree w/the move. sends a bad message to the team. almost like f u and ur contribusions. who cares if u won us the game, ur names not sanchez

I don't believe that for a second. If anything, the game against Arizona proved that Sanchez is no longer untouchable. When OTA's opened for the Jets in July, the incantation was: Sanchez is our franchise quarterback.. period, end of sentence. Now if you listen to Ryan's pressers, there is no real starter. He says his decision is based "week to week" in naming the quarterback to play.
This greatly impacts McElroy next season, aswell as Tebow. I think if things remained the status'quo, Tebow may have requested a trade next year. However, now that the Jets have essentially said the starter position is up for grabs, that may entice him to play out his contract here. His ego admires NY too much.. and if the front office promises an open quarterback competition at training camp for the job, I'd say it's a lock that he returns for 2013.

Gregsanity is a different story. I wouldn't bet against Greg McElroy fetching the highest draft pick of the 3 QB's a this point, if the Jets were to trade him next season. I'm not trying to say he showcased a Matt Flynn type performance on Sunday, but other teams know the limitations of Sanchez & Tebow. McElroy really has no ceiling as of this point. He showed he had the goods in college, having won a BCS National Championship.. he's a Rhodes Scholar, and he's also younger that either MS or TT.
Either way, the juggling act that the Jets do with Tebow, Sanchez, & McElroy next season should be extremely interesting.

#1654 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,452 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

WHAT??? Bottom line is Sanchez gives this unorganized, underskilled team the best chance to win. McElroy is far too green and the team and coaching staff have no confidence in Tebow with the playoffs still technically in reach.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1655 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Another ugly win but a win nontheless.

Sanchez had a bad fumble...but otherwise didnt factor into much of anything as the Jets stuck to the run all game, despite early struggles, and eventually ran Powell and Greene to victory. Both backs seem to be the type that get stronger as the game goes on.

We lost Stephen Hill...I'm guessing for the season with the way he went down (revis like) so now that Braylon is a free agent....why the heck not? At this point were down to nothing at the WR position and even Kerley is playing hurt. The Jets had some guy named Mardy Gilyard catching passes today. Who?

It's a long shot but hey, Pittsburgh and Cincy both lost today. We're very much alive heading into next week and I doubt anybody would've expected that after the butt fumble game.

Continuing great play from the D. Wilkerson is really turning into a trenendous player and was in the backfield all day.

To give credit where it's due, Sporano has fashioned a very nice run game with two backs who aren't exactly Adrian Peterson and David Martin. He's also turned Ducasse into at least a serviceable player.

Edited by '7', 09 December 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#1656 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

If you have the Arizona Cardinals and 58 points... YOU LOST!!!

#1657 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

That in itself is pretty sobering vis-a-vis the Jets' playoff chances lol, but yeah it's nice to still be alive (somehow) and have meaningful games to watch.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1658 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

n the jets beat them by 1 point. hehehehe

#1659 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,353 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

How did New England fare against them?

#1660 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

The only thing that matters in the NFL is a win. Better to win fugly than to lose fugly. As ugly as that win may have been for the Jets on the field, it is absolutely beautiful in the standings. It kept them alive, slim as their chances may be. They're not toast for sure until they lose 8.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 09 December 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users