This off seasons UFA's and realistic possible trades

2ELIAS6

Everyone knows how you feel about Lou these days.  Trying to debate it with you leads nowhere and gets us examples like the above (I guess the relationship/girl analogy well has run dry), so I'm not going to do it again.

I'm pretty much in the MD2020 camp.  I'm taking a wait-and-see approach this offseason.  That's it.  If Schneider isn't re-signed, both Gios are here, and Sal and Volch are still here, I'm going to be pissed.  I'm not going to rip Lou on a daily basis for it, but I'm definitely not trying to try to sugarcoat Lou's offseason if that's what we get. 

i was not re-explaning anything im just pointing out why its 100% fair to question Lou based on recent history. Im also waiting to see what he'll do. But to me just keeping both of those old turds is inexcusable. Re-signing Schneider won't excuse that either. Its obvious what he HAS to do here.

And Volch is gone.  At least the "if both Volch and Sal" scenario is no more. 

im going through teams on cap geek and it's kind of discouraging to see soooo many teams with more money than we do with a wayyyy better core signed and better team that were rumoured to go after guys we're about. Hopefully those top ufas will value playing time like Jagr did... lol

thats pretty much dead on

i dont think its unfair of them (us) to at least assume that he may not get it done before the season. Lou legitely played with fire and made stubbornn decisions A fvckING LOT lately and it burned him more than once. that people are willing to admit that is another thing.

Lou seems to be the kind of guy who would be recklessly driving full speed towards a cliff and you're sitting in the passenger seat freaking out screaming at him to stop and he's just super calm looking forward saying "when time is on your side, you use it" and you're literally sh!tting all over the car while the car is approaching the cliff and he suddenly stops and slide for awhile and stop inches from the cliff. Then he looks at you "don't worry about my car".

point is... yeah fine. He stopped and we're alive. But WHY THE fvck did he have to do that and make the car stop inches from the cliff. Could have stop and turned around way earlier. But for no reasons and waiting last secondes didnt bring anything extra to the situation either... other than stress.

He was obviously trying to move Volch or Sal. What didn't he gain by waiting?

I'd definitely give Cam a try for 2 or 3 years. Zajac and Jagr need something on their LW.

but then what do you do with Clowe, and all our centers that we have to put on the wing? i'd want to bring a CLEAR better player than what we have at least. Cammalleri is hard to coach and he's incredibly selfish, not something Lou or Deboer will enjoy

but then what do you do with Clowe, and all our centers that we have to put on the wing? i'd want to bring a CLEAR better player than what we have at least. Cammalleri is hard to coach and he's incredibly selfish, not something Lou or Deboer will enjoy

I still have a feeling a forward or two will be moved. Lou said he will be improving the offense so someone has to be gone. Edited by Zubie#8

I still have a feeling a forward or two will be moved. Lou said he will be improving the offense so someone has to be gone.

I really hope they find a way to unload Ryder on someone else. I wanted the guy here, but now that I've seen him play, I'm completely over him. Guy has one of the worst strides I've ever seen and for a scoring forward, he has terrible stick skills.

Luckily, he's got the better and more proven track record between he and Brunner so I'd imagine he could be moved, if only for a pick. I'd love a 2nd, but I just want to be rid of him at this point.

I really hope they find a way to unload Ryder on someone else. I wanted the guy here, but now that I've seen him play, I'm completely over him. Guy has one of the worst strides I've ever seen and for a scoring forward, he has terrible stick skills.

Luckily, he's got the better and more proven track record between he and Brunner so I'd imagine he could be moved, if only for a pick. I'd love a 2nd, but I just want to be rid of him at this point.

I would definitely keep Brunner because he has speed and can actually posses the puck for a while unlike Ryder. The problem with Ryder is even if he is producing his play drags down his linemates. Maybe we can replace him someone who can help his linemates be more productive.

I would definitely keep Brunner because he has speed and can actually posses the puck for a while unlike Ryder. The problem with Ryder is even if he is producing his play drags down his linemates. Maybe we can replace him someone who can help his linemates be more productive.

I actually thought Brunner looked good at times. I thought he improved as the season wore on. He needs to work on his board play though. I also think he uses too long of a stick, but I have 0 evidence that this affects his play at all.

Anyone seeing any interesting unqualified RFA's popping up?

Jodran Schroeder and Zac Dalpe not qualified by Van. Former 1st and 2nd round picks respectively.

Schroeder is the one who scored a between the legs goal in the wjc a few years back, right? I read he's a definite bust though. Edited by ATLL765

Schroeder is the one ego scored a between the legs goal in the wjc a few years back, right? I read he's a definite bust though.

another organization missing on a first round pick? And a skill player at that? Impossible! Only Lou and conte's archaic scouting drafts busts!
  • Like 1

The Lou/Conte circle jerk is strong. :koolaid:

lol ok I admit I'm a bit of a koolaider (no secret) but i'll honestly say the recent draft history has been underwhelming. That being said, you can take many teams over the past 10 years and say the same- since Vancouver was brought up with Schroeder, over the past ten years they have two legit first round hits. It's not like we've missed out on no-brainer after no-brainer.

I'm not saying Lou is infallible, but the calls from some of the more extreme posters for him to retire/he's senile are over the top (hence my previous sarcasm).

Edited by dmann422

Schroeder was also a guy who was very highly ranked in January of his draft year and fell as the season went on.  

I'd take Dalpe on a big two-way deal, like a $200,000/$700,000 type deal.  Devils need right handed shots who can potentially fill in on scorelines in the NHL.