1787 replies to this topic

#1721 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Brad Smith-types aren't the kind of annoying distraction that Tebow is.

Not implying at all that Sanchez is a blameless victim in all of this is...he most certainly isn't. I'm just saying it's doubtful the Jets are going to eat $17 million, so they might as well try to right him. Clearly Sparano has been a disaster, and Sanchez didn't have much to work with. Don't get me wrong, Sanchez could get a new OC and better talent and still suck next season, but maybe if he's in a better position than he was coming into this season, he can at least play to a level approaching 2011 Sanchez, which was at least respectable.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1722 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,786 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Brad Smith-types aren't the kind of annoying distraction that Tebow is.

Not implying at all that Sanchez is a blameless victim in all of this is...he most certainly isn't. I'm just saying it's doubtful the Jets are going to eat $17 million, so they might as well try to right him. Clearly Sparano has been a disaster, and Sanchez didn't have much to work with. Don't get me wrong, Sanchez could get a new OC and better talent and still suck next season, but maybe if he's in a better position than he was coming into this season, he can at least play to a level approaching 2011 Sanchez, which was at least respectable.

but even 2011 level sanchez was in the bottom tier of QB's. I think Sanchez at his absolute best and with everything breaking right for him will always have about 20 nfl QB's better. There's a limit to what you can get out of him even if you gift him all the weapons in the world.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1723 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

but even 2011 level sanchez was in the bottom tier of QB's. I think Sanchez at his absolute best and with everything breaking right for him will always have about 20 nfl QB's better. There's a limit to what you can get out of him even if you gift him all the weapons in the world.

Are the Jets going to do any better next year with any QB they get to replace Sanchez? Or, more importantly, is any replacement going to make the Jets sufficiently better to make a change worthwhile? Maybe Alex Smith. Vick I wouldn't touch with a ten foot poll. David Carr? (The Jets were able to resurrect the career of Testeverde). There's not really a franchise QB in the draft, and the Jets and a lot of other teams are spooked by the very concept of drafting a USC quarterback.

Most likely though the Jets are stuck with Sanchez for at least another year. That's just the way it is. The first order of business has to be to dump Sporano (maybe even do it now) and hire Norv Turner or Whisenhunt. See what Sanchez can do with an actual offensive coordinator. For the first three years of his career with Shottenheimer, the Jets were never below .500.

EDIT: Matt Moore should also be available.

Edited by Daniel, 18 December 2012 - 10:10 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1724 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Are the Jets going to do any better next year with any QB they get to replace Sanchez? Or, more importantly, is any replacement going to make the Jets sufficiently better to make a change worthwhile? Maybe Alex Smith. Vick I wouldn't touch with a ten foot poll. David Carr? (The Jets were able to resurrect the career of Testeverde). There's not really a franchise QB in the draft, and the Jets and a lot of other teams are spooked by the very concept of drafting a USC quarterback.

Most likely though the Jets are stuck with Sanchez for at least another year. That's just the way it is. The first order of business has to be to dump Sporano (maybe even do it now) and hire Norv Turner or Whisenhunt. See what Sanchez can do with an actual offensive coordinator. For the first three years of his career with Shottenheimer, the Jets were never below .500.

EDIT: Matt Moore should also be available.

Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Vick could become available.

#1725 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Vick could become available.

The only one of those that I've heard that will realistically hit the market is Vick, who I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#1726 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

The only one of those that I've heard that will realistically hit the market is Vick, who I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Rivers and Norv are really close. If Turner ends up as OC in NY, I bet Rivers sends out a trade request

#1727 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,786 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

I'd love to have Norv here as OC...but after what Rex said about him...

well, Braylon is back so I never say never.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1728 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

And McElroy is playing this week, hallefreakinglullaj.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1729 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

And McElroy is playing this week, hallefreakinglullaj.

2 weeks too late. That Cardinals game should have been the first warning.

Edit- Nevermind, Assgate should have been it

Edited by SMantzas, 18 December 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#1730 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

In no way shape or form should any real Jets fan fist-pump this move. I have never been so embarrassed to be fan of this mismanaged team in my life. What a sad sad organization this is. To completely destroy a 25 year old franchise quarterback? They should all be ashamed of themselves.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1731 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

I'd only be fist-pumping if this move were made three weeks ago when it should have been. Sorry Beez, a 'franchise QB' isn't as mentally fragile as Sanchez has been, nor does he make the same stupid mistakes over and over and over again. Even Tebow, as bad as he is knows how to throw the football away the way he did under pressure on 3rd and forever.

This is not a 'professional' offense in any way, shape or form. Now at least they can find out if McElroy can be on the team next year. We know Tebow won't be, and Sanchez will only be here by default because of the $17 million cap hit if we cut him. Let him come into camp on a tryout, the way Alex Smith had to come into Niner camp on a one-year deal last year, but bring in a REAL QUARTERBACK this time to push him. He can't play anymore this year though, especially at home.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 18 December 2012 - 05:34 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1732 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

A laughably predictable season for the Jests who just compounded bad moves into terrible moves.

Tebow, Sprano and the stupidity of keeping Holmes, upgrading Sanchez contract after Peyton Manning rejects them.

Tannenbaum just destroyed Any prospects for Sanchez to succeed. No QB in the NFL could have helped the Jests.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1733 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,786 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Holmes was playing well before he got hurt. Our best offensive player

Sanchez wasn't ruined...he flat out stinks. It has nothing to do with Tannenbaum or Tebow or Sporano. Sanchez has never been better than maybe the 25th best Qb in the league. That's his upside...the bottom 3rd

And please, fairweather ship jumping cowards fans like you have no business chiming in. As soon as Joe Flaccid completes the Pigeon Rats collapse you'll be on some other bandwagon. Texans I predict.

#1734 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

A laughably predictable season for the Jests who just compounded bad moves into terrible moves.

Tebow, Sprano and the stupidity of keeping Holmes, upgrading Sanchez contract after Peyton Manning rejects them.

Tannenbaum just destroyed Any prospects for Sanchez to succeed. No QB in the NFL could have helped the Jests.

I'm sorry, but when the guy throws into triple coverage off his back foot and cant complete a pass if you take away his first read, he sucks. Yeah, he doesnt have the best talent around him, but the Jets make the playoffs with an average QB like Smith or Flacco

#1735 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Respectfully disagree. Sanchez has regressed tremendously, it has snowballed each week since training camp. But, in SF you have Gore and in Baltimore Ray Rice. Sanchez has no one in the backfield and is constantly in obvious passing downs on third down. He is shell shocked from the beatings.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1736 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

i dont like rex or the jets. but i do agree w. cr manta and bezzer on sanchez. the jets f*cked him big time. i dont care if ut montana, ur not going to do jack with players like gilyard epps and reuland to throw to. i feel bad for sanchez

#1737 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Does anybody REALLY understand the ramifications in going with McElroy, or drafting another QB?! Do fans fully realize how that will set this team back 4-6 years?!

Santonio Holmes, Tim Tebow, Dustin Keller, Stephen Hill, John Connor, Clyde Gates, Joe McKnight, Chaz Schilens, Bilal Powell, and Braylon Edwards.
Those are the players on offense that have missed at least 4 games or more this season for the Jets due to injury\misc. I'm not including the injuries from the entire team (Revis, Thomas, Scott, etc.) I'm just focussing on the offense. --Can someone fvcking please explain to me, why Sanchez & Sparano should be crucified on a team that sustained 16 injuries this season? (11 coming from offense) This offense was questionable at the start of the year WHEN HEALTHY. But now it's just an utter disgrace. When your a quarterback under these circumstances, of course you're going to force the ball into places where it shouldn't go. Of course your confidence is in the toilet. Of course you're going to take risks. It's desperation!!! Your back is against the wall. You're trying to win games! That's what Sanchez has been doing all year long; trying to do too much with too little. If you don't think the Jets have at least 2 more wins this year, had Holmes played the entire season (forget about anyone else) you're crazy! I understand the easy thing to do in football when things go wrong, is to point to the quarterback and blame him. I get that. But answer me this.. what in Gods name, has this organization done to cultivate his play since 2009?? What!?! Braylon Edwards was the kids NUMBER ONE RECEIVER FOR 2 STRAIGHT YEARS!! And they flat out kicked him off the team! They packed his bags for him, and replaced him with 2 geriatrics.. one of whom fresh from prison!! Plax spread like cancer, and help orchestrate a lynch-mob against Sanchez.. "the worst I've ever seen" -Tomlinson. How have the Steelers looked since they acquired him? Meanwhile did anyone see Braylon Edwards last night? 50 yrds on 3 catches @ about 60% battling a hamstring, off 4 days of reps, practice, and learning a new playbook. He got separation. He ran routes perfectly. On his last catch it took 5 Titans to tackle him. Didn't it strike anyone as odd why the MNF cameras kept panning to Tanny after every catch by Edwards?!
It is EXTREMELY common for a franchise QB to start white hot, and then go through 2-3 seasons after that struggling. Tony Romo was a supernova when he broke into the league.. yet he's 29-27 over his last 56 games. But Dallas did right by him. They acquired the RIGHT supporting cast around him, not just the sexy ones to sell jerseys. They made moves for him. They drafted for him. They STUCK WITH HIM! -and you know what.. he's coming back slowly.

Look across the river in what that team does for their quarterback. Every move\trade they make, every player they acquire, every high draft choice they pick, is to make Eli better. Tell me a team, in 4 years, that drafts ZERO players on offense for their "franchise" quarterback in the 1st round? Name me a quarterback that (after he gains rhythm) gets pulled for 6 straight plays for the backup in a game? List me the teams in league history that go on to make the playoffs the season after getting a new OC, and learning a different playbook?

...I'll wait...

I'm not suggesting Mark Sanchez is without blame for the Jets this season.. but those of you that think this team would have won more than 7 or 8 games with either McElroy or Tebow, are delusional. I'm actually glad in a way that McElroy's playing these last 2 games. I hope when people see him play, it'll put Sanchez in a little perspective here.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#1738 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

http://profootballmo...orts-new-study/

This was pretty funny.
Posted Image

#1739 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

The problem with everything is, the situation w/ Sanchez is too far gone. Sanchex was awful this year, but its hardly all his fault, the level of skill in our skill positions was embarrassing, and as bad as Schottenhiemer was, the Jets managed to find a worse Off coord. Sparano is so bad I cannmot even find the words to describe him.

At this point, I would not be upset if we just blew everything up, Rex has proven to me that he cannot run a team, i need a calculator to count the amount of time he said this year that he will always do whats best for the team, clearly he does not think Tebow can play QB, and yet in a MUCT WIN GAME he makes Tebow the back up, does not dress McElroy and when it was clear Sanchez CHOUL NOT win that game he kept him in becuase the alternative was so much worse that he could not do it. Clearly Rex was not prepared to replace Sanchez, even if his job depended on it.

Rex has mever had a hanlde on this offense, and Sparano's play calling is so bad, so wrong, so plain vanilla, Sanchez never had a chance to succeed this year.

blow it up, get rid of rex, sparano, Mr. T, Tebow & sanchez and let start all over, and no it does not take 4 to 6 years w/ a new QB, you have 3 rooks who have turned around their teams this year. Now our offense needs a talent overhaul, but I'm done with this regime...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#1740 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

The problem with everything is, the situation w/ Sanchez is too far gone. Sanchex was awful this year, but its hardly all his fault, the level of skill in our skill positions was embarrassing, and as bad as Schottenhiemer was, the Jets managed to find a worse Off coord. Sparano is so bad I cannmot even find the words to describe him.

At this point, I would not be upset if we just blew everything up, Rex has proven to me that he cannot run a team, i need a calculator to count the amount of time he said this year that he will always do whats best for the team, clearly he does not think Tebow can play QB, and yet in a MUCT WIN GAME he makes Tebow the back up, does not dress McElroy and when it was clear Sanchez CHOUL NOT win that game he kept him in becuase the alternative was so much worse that he could not do it. Clearly Rex was not prepared to replace Sanchez, even if his job depended on it.

Rex has mever had a hanlde on this offense, and Sparano's play calling is so bad, so wrong, so plain vanilla, Sanchez never had a chance to succeed this year.

blow it up, get rid of rex, sparano, Mr. T, Tebow & sanchez and let start all over, and no it does not take 4 to 6 years w/ a new QB, you have 3 rooks who have turned around their teams this year. Now our offense needs a talent overhaul, but I'm done with this regime...

Tannenbaum is responsible for putting this s@#$ team on the field and should be the first of many to go.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users