CBA Talks

jagknife

I am one of the 1994 baseball fans who left. Hockey is trying my patience if they do another lockout/walkout.

I only started watching baseball again when McGuire re-up'd with the Cards for a discount when he coulda got paid elsewhere. Then was rewarded with RoidWars.

Now I only watch compelling games or boredom busters til September.

I can't lie and say a lockout would stop me from watching hockey when it returned. I'm an ice junkie and would be watching whatever game I could AS SOON as I could. dontknow.gifurg.gif

I am one of the 1994 baseball fans who left. Hockey is trying my patience if they do another lockout/walkout.

I'm right behind ya, and its not about a lockout, its more about ticket prices and the cost to watch games on TV etc

I dont have to pay to watch Jet or Giant games

This exactly. It's the only vote we have, really. And sometimes it actually gets used. Baseball was pretty sad after 1994.

And then they needed Cal Ripken plus juiced balls/juiced players to get it back. While hockey never really lost 'any' steam after canceling an entire season.

Hockey is what it is, it doesn't have casual fans other than maybe the Crosby a**-kissers in Pittsburgh. That's why baseball can lose a World Series and it's like a bomb was dropped but hockey fans for better and worse stick by their sport. It's the only real advantage of having a much smaller base to begin with, it doesn't waver as much.

And then they needed Cal Ripken plus juiced balls/juiced players to get it back. While hockey never really lost 'any' steam after canceling an entire season.

Hockey is what it is, it doesn't have casual fans other than maybe the Crosby a**-kissers in Pittsburgh. That's why baseball can lose a World Series and it's like a bomb was dropped but hockey fans for better and worse stick by their sport. It's the only real advantage of having a much smaller base to begin with, it doesn't waver as much.

I'm sorry but if they lockout again, I will not be able to watch hockey for the pure principle of it. We fans stick with this sport like you say, through thick and thin and we don't need to be sh!t on again. If there is a lockout, don't expect me back so soon.

If there is a lockout, don't expect me back so soon.

So, you're saying there's actually an upside? burnbaby.gif