J.P on NHL radio

smelly

I'm sorry, I didn't know Zach telling his dad he was leaning to go to Minnesota on July 2nd really meant July 2nd, 2011. No one has any fvcking clue what Zach was thinking one year ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, 1 month ago, or two weeks ago. To say otherwise is plain stupid. What we know is that he was leaning to go to Minny 36 hours AFTER he was a FREE AGENT.

at some point you have to sit back and say to yourself, "Zach is not a Devil anymore. Zach is a Minnesota Wild. He was flirting with Suter during the season, inappropriately, and in the end said fvck you to the Devils." He is an opposing player now, trying to make the Devils lose. You have to accept this and stop pretending to be above it.

Yes, they would have been. But less mad than what happened after the charade he pulled.....

Perhaps. But I see this as a "haters gonna hate"-couple of days for Devils fans. Yeah, I'm bitter and pissed off too, but no matter what Zach would've done, bar signing with us, would've made people here not-angry. Hell, people would've been mad about him going FA and driving up the price and cap hit.

Perhaps. But I see this as a "haters gonna hate"-couple of days for Devils fans. Yeah, I'm bitter and pissed off too, but no matter what Zach would've done, bar signing with us, would've made people here not-angry. Hell, people would've been mad about him going FA and driving up the price and cap hit.

Like I said in my thread - I'm not really upset - he did handle this all wrong - but the thing that bothers me is the type of guy Parise is, doesn't fit on the Devils.

I don't want to hate Zach, but he's making it very difficult to not want to hit him with a hammer.

Are you guys serious? His body language when asked the question throughout last season didn't give it away that he was going to run away from NJ? He played like an upgraded version of Ryan Callahan in the finals, so giving this guy $10 million per season for the next few years would have been a collosal waste of money...trust me.

Are you guys serious? His body language when asked the question throughout last season didn't give it away that he was going to run away from NJ? He played like an upgraded version of Ryan Callahan in the finals, so giving this guy $10 million per season for the next few years would have been a collosal waste of money...trust me.

QFT.

I'm sorry, I didn't know Zach telling his dad he was leaning to go to Minnesota on July 2nd really meant July 2nd, 2011. No one has any fvcking clue what Zach was thinking one year ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, 1 month ago, or two weeks ago. To say otherwise is plain stupid. What we know is that he was leaning to go to Minny 36 hours AFTER he became a FREE AGENT.

Righhht...sure...your thoughts completely... :giggle: He knew all along where he was going...he said he had the chance to talk to Suter several times "about the possibility of playing together..."

Unless that "possibility" meant a nude mud wrestling event in the forest of Minnesota, I think it meant playing for The Wild...

+1

I truly believed he was coming back up until I saw the video of the interview where he looked as nervous as a 12 year old in confession about to tell the priest he stole a pack of gum from the local convenience store. That was the tell tale sign to me....

I'm sorry, I didn't know Zach telling his dad he was leaning to go to Minnesota on July 2nd really meant July 2nd, 2011. No one has any fvcking clue what Zach was thinking one year ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago, 1 month ago, or two weeks ago. To say otherwise is plain stupid. What we know is that he was leaning to go to Minny 36 hours AFTER he became a FREE AGENT.

Thank you!

Righhht...sure...your thoughts completely... :giggle: He knew all along where he was going...he said he had the chance to talk to Suter several times "about the possibility of playing together..."

Unless that "possibility" meant a nude mud wrestling event in the forest of Minnesota, I think it meant playing for The Wild...

hahaha.

I love the reasonable few on here who have a sense of humor.

Parise was trying to get Suter to go to New Jersey, but Suter wouldn't go East and Suter wanted Zach to go to Nashville, but he only wanted to stay in NJ or go to Minny.

Playing together and doing it in Minny only came 36 hours in.

Parise was trying to get Suter to go to New Jersey, but Suter wouldn't go East and Suter wanted Zach to go to Nashville, but he only wanted to stay in NJ or go to Minny.

Playing together and doing it in Minny only came 36 hours in.

REALLY MAN???? REALLY?

Suter to NJ? I know it "happened" but do you really believe that?

That was not happening in 10000000000000 years.

NEVER

bc he has always liked the idea of himself. that's why he himself says things like, "anyone that knows me will say, that I don't want this media attention around me, they know I don't like that stuff". Its clearly not true bc he has to say it himself...but he likes how it sounds.

I completely disagree. Not just with you either, but with the general sentiment that is building toward ZP. I feel jilted as well, so let me put that out there, and I think it sucks goats scrotum that he left, but I don't think he is fake or anything like that. I think I have been in a very similar situation, albeit for much lower stakes. The situation is this:

Does he want to be loyal to the team and general manager that brought him into the league, groomed him, made him a star, and a fan base that clearly wants him? Or does he want to go home to where he grew up, be closer to his family and friends, and perhaps get the same perks from the franchise and fans? It is pure loyalty versus what is best for your life. Loyalty matters, but how much? It sounds like the Devils offers nearly as much, if not the same, salary per year. The structure was surely different though and New Jersey isn't minnesota (thank the lord!). That's my take. I think he genuinely wanted to be the loyal soldier but at the end of the day he chose to be closer to family, friends, the place he loves, and still get paid a boatload of money.

Btw, I made the same choice sans the boatload of money. I am still waiting on that. C'mon Lou, let's talk signing bonus!

• Like 1

I truly believed he was coming back up until I saw the video of the interview where he looked as nervous as a 12 year old in confession about to tell the priest he stole a pack of gum from the local convenience store. That was the tell tale sign to me....

To me it was when he said he had to talk with his family. I mean if he was staying there was nothing to talk about nothing would have changed

I know I trashed Salvador for his play in the Finals (but he wasn't particularly great during the season), but I love this - 'This guy sucks in the Cup Finals' - well good luck getting back there without him.

Just to be a smartass lol

In the finals...

Parise - 1 goal 0 assists 1 point and a -5

Salvador - 1 goal 2 assists 3 points and a -1

overall playoffs

Parise - 8 goals 7 assists 15 points and a -8

Salvador - 4 goals 10 assists 14 points and a +9

Edited by Satans Hockey

Just to be a smartass lol

In the finals...

Parise - 1 goal 0 assists 1 point and a -5

Salvador - 1 goal 2 assists 3 points and a -1

I think this is besides the point. Everyone stunk in the Finals for the most part. Getting there is the hard part. Without Zach we may not get past the Panthers. The only Devil who had more points than Zach throughout the entire playoffs is Kovy. 19 to 15.

I think this is besides the point. Everyone stunk in the Finals for the most part. Getting there is the hard part. Without Zach we may not get past the Panthers. The only Devil who had more points than Zach throughout the entire playoffs is Kovy. 19 to 15.

I agree that we wouldn't have made it to the finals without Parise but like I said I was just being a smartass :lol:

Edited by Satans Hockey

i think suter is really to blame. had suter signed with detroit like he was supposed to, i really think zach would be back here.

It's all Lidstrom's fault...if he didn't retire Suter would have went there to link up with him for a year, instead of having to be the guy to replace him.

:giggle:

It's all Lidstrom's fault...if he didn't retire Suter would have went there to link up with him for a year, instead of having to be the guy to replace him.

:giggle:

It's all Mike Milbury's fault, if he never........oh forget it...

Edited by ben00rs

I enjoyed that article, in particular the parts that spoke of J.P. NOT being around for the Islanders 4 consecutive Cups.

Hears to the family curse living on!!!

... The only people who would possibly feel that way and hate him are jilted Devils fans, and how often is he going to have to deal with us? Once a year tops, unless his team meets ours in the SC Final?

The new format will have two games a year, and hopefully they do make the SCF and the Devils SMASH them. Oh how I dream of this scenario coming to be! biggrin.gif

... Believe it or not, I think he cares somewhat if Devils fans hate him. I think he felt bad/guilty about the whole thing, and prolonged it until it was time to sign the contract. Just my take.

All the more reason to give me to heckle him when given the opportunity! I do hope the Devils make it sting even more by marching right back to a Cup in 2013!!!! koolaid.gifcheers.gifkoolaid.gif