Who would you choose for the shootout?

Jerzey

And in what order?

Seems to me like Pete uses seniority to choose who takes the shootouts and not necessarily the best options. Let's be honest, we go to overtime a lot and we are not good at the shootouts. I don't think Zajac is the best choice to be taking shootouts. Henrique is okay but I think for the shootout there are better options. He has been getting better though.

I'd try this for a while:

Brunner

Ryder

Elias

Honestly I never even thought this would matter but it seems like it's actually an issue worth addressing.

Edited by Jerzey Devil
  • Like 1

not to bring this back again but didnt know where to put it until now, but Zach is the active player with the best career SO success % in the league.

as for who i'd pick, coaches usually see them in practice so they know more than us but personally i'd put Jagr, Tedenby, Elias. I love Henrique but he just doesnt seem to have it in SO, hope this change.

Is Jagr hell bent on NOT doing it? Elias Jagr and Brunner would be a nice go to if Jaromir is willing to bite the bullet and help us score

he's one of the only guy who scored in a "SO setting" so far this season (breakaway), i can't remember anyone else scoring all alone with the goalie? Not saying it didnt  happened but i just can't put my finger on it if it did.

There's no way we don't win one at some point i mean. those are all NHL players who should at the very least once in awhile get a few past the goalie, our goalies havent been bad in SO at all either

Edited by SterioDesign

Elias, Zids, and Brunner. No Henrique. Getting really tired of him not even putting it on net. Replace Brunner with Clowe when/if he gets back

This.  Since I haven't been to any Devils practices lately and the coaching staff has been at all of them, I'll trust their judgment over whatever my choices would be.

kind of off topic but since practice was mentioned why not.. anyone know if fans are allowed to go watch practices? me and one of my buddys were interested in trying to go check out a practice.

My first though was Zidlicky.

I would also be tempted to throw Gelinas in there every once in a while and just let him hammer one at the goalie, a la Brian Rolston,

Loktianov also seems like a sensible choice, he has good hands at speed.