Dallas at Buffalo 10/8/07 MNF 'Game' thread

LOTCB

Hey Clown, just remember even a two and a half year old can say Buffalo STINKS!!! :lol:

(that was the first time we ever got her to say something on queue into the phone too... it was pretty funny... though my sister's eyes popped out when I said Bella should get a good girl candy for that :giggle: )

Thank God I didn't get her to try to say Romo's better!!! :whistling:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and one more add on... how did they review the Owens drop when Romo spiked the ball thusly meaning the next play had happened making it unreviewable???

All the replay official has to do is buzz the Ref on the field before the snap. I believe there was supposed to be a system in place to be able to tell by a light going on so that there would be no hanky-panky. I saw it used once before. It was a yellow light under on the playclock so you could see the snap, play clock, and this light to be able to get the timing. I was screaming to see that one. Hell even the instant replay wasn't 100% conclusive IMO. I've seen much more blatant drops get by the replay due to inconclusive evidence. But of course the announcers were 100% sold on T.O. dropping the ball.

Definitely hometown refs there last night. I started keeping track of the B.S. after T.O. got flagged for "spiking" the ball after a first down catch. Guess the refs were pissed he didn't hand it to them.

There was other stuff, for example, they also called T.O. out of bounds on another nice catch where he was OBVIOUSLY forced out.

Frustrating game, but they didn't quit, and did a lot right.

You gotta thank the Almighty the Boys were playing the bIlls and not the Buffalo Parochial Girls School Football team. I mean, how do you lose a game after getting 5 picks and a fumble recovery??!!!! ROFLMAO! wow!

What an exciting game last night. Usually ESPN bores the heck out of me, but the game was so intriguing I couldn't stop watching.

My only question for the coverage: Witten, Barber and Crayton are the only things keeping Dallas in the game, so why in the last 6 minutes are they doing close-ups on T.O. when all he had done was drop passes and get penalties???

What an exciting game last night. Usually ESPN bores the heck out of me, but the game was so intriguing I couldn't stop watching.

My only question for the coverage: Witten, Barber and Crayton are the only things keeping Dallas in the game, so why in the last 6 minutes are they doing close-ups on T.O. when all he had done was drop passes and get penalties???

the spike has been called like 5 times this year (shockey got one too)... it's a stupid rule but nowhere near as dumb as the freeze the kicker rule...

Now that I have had some time to reflect on this game, I must say Im proud of the showing the Buffalo Bills, and the fans, put on for this game. The Bills are severly undermanned on defense, and man, they came to play. I'm not even going to get into that Trent Edwards pass when they could just have kicked a FG and ended it, I am just glad for one night Ralph Wilson stadium felt like the early 90's again.

Hopefully better days will be ahead.

Just another night game in Buffalo!!

(Orchard Park, NY, October 9, 2007) - - With emotions running high at Monday night's game, police had to take several Dallas Cowboys and Buffalo Bills fans into custody. A total of sixty arrests were made. News 4's Jericka Duncan has more from some of the fans who got out of jail Tuesday morning.

The Buffalo Bills lost to the Dallas Cowboys. Cowboys fan Shane Trydell lost his freedom while spending the night behind bars. He was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.

Shane Trydell said, "There was twelve of us at some time in once cell. It was hot in there. The police here were nice, but at the stadium they weren't very nice at all."

Jericka Duncan: Was it worth it?

Shane Trydell: "Going to jail? No, no I missed half the game. I didn't even know Dallas won until five o'clock this morning."

According to the Erie County Sheriff's Office, security officers scored sixty arrests at Monday night's game.

Most were processed at the Orchard Park Police station. At least six people were arraigned Tuesday morning.

Bills fan Joanne Darling was one of them.

Joanne Darling said, "We were just excited having a good time, before you know it, it turned very ugly."

Darling was charged with disorderly conduct, obstructing governmental administration and harassment in the second degree.

Like so many, Darling admits she had a few beers during the game. She says while slapping her husband high five, she accidentally struck a security officer in the head.

Like so many, Darling admits she had a few beers during the game. She says while slapping her husband high five, she accidentally struck a security officer in the head.

you answered your own question

why does an 8:30 game not kick off till 8:50 ??

why do we have to see comments on the Patriots and let Tony Kornheiser breathe air and live?

ESPN is the single worst thing about pro sports now far and beyond

but even they can't make you stop watching when the game is good... now NEXT week.... eeww

Hate on ESPN all you want but Tirico and Jaws are as good of a broadcast team as there is right now minus Tony. Most networks have horrible top teams. Simms is brutal. Dan Dierdorf is an old idiot. Buck and Aikman are also annoying. I really like Jaws though.

I agree about Jaws and Tirico...good, solid job by the both of them...Kornhole is just looking for the next thing to say...he wants to be the first to come up with some witty line...to me, he has no business being there...but again, E$PN does not care about fans like me.

Relax...I was only messing with you anyway...I would've said it to anyone who posted about Romo's turnovers...and I wasn't pointing you out about the bandwagon thing, I actually wasn't pointing out anyone specifically just commenting on the amount of Cowboys fans that had recently popped up...again, I was only kidding so if I offended then I apologize...life is good Cowboys are 5-0 no need for hostility :)

The funny thing about the comments from the media on Romo was last night when Jim Mora on NFL Network made the comment how Manning or Brady would never throw a 5 int game...it was pointed out later on Dallas Morning News website or something that Brady has had a 4 int game every year dating back to 2002...

Wow what a game. For a while there it looked really bad for the Cowboys, but they showed a lot of resilientcy to come back and win the game. BTW that rule must go now that it is being used too much now to try to ice the kicker.

That Cowboys team and Romo will learn from that game since they are a young team. Romo is one hell of a QB and it showed after all of those INT's he had. Just a bad game for him, but he rode the ship to a win. The real test will be this week when they face the Patriots who BTW has never won in Dallas (0-4). :unsure: Was suprised to hear that on ESPN when they had the two team matchup. It should be a good game and all the hype so far this week on the networks. Cowboys are the team in the NFC and the Colts and Patriots in the AFC. This will be the game of the season IMO.

Well like I told you on the phone man... this is what you get for a franchise that sits there and EMBRACES it's failures like they do my man :evil:

You don't see Cowboy fans embracing "the catch" or "the fumble" or the 1-15 season

You don't see Devil fans running around Matteau Matteau, etc :P

You need to put yout failure past you or they consume you sir!! :koolaid:

You bet on the Bills, a 1-3 team missing multiple starters on defense, who averages 10 points a game, straight up against a 4-0 Dallas team? You mu$t not love your avatar! :doh1:
Edited by Masked Fan

Well like I told you on the phone man... this is what you get for a franchise that sits there and EMBRACES it's failures like they do my man :evil:

You don't see Cowboy fans embracing "the catch" or "the fumble" or the 1-15 season

You don't see Devil fans running around Matteau Matteau, etc :PYou need to put yout failure past you or they consume you sir!! :koolaid: