Official: Parise Signs 1-Year Deal

devilsrule33

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this an official contract though or have they reached a principle agreement for a 1-year deal if they can't hammer out a long-term deal to avoid arbitration?

I think thats what it is. The one year is a fail safe. I am hoping to read it that way.

Is this an official contract though or have they reached a principle agreement for a 1-year deal if they can't hammer out a long-term deal to avoid arbitration?

Sounds like agreement in principle since they're going to continue work on long term deal.

But TG says they can't sign him to a new deal until January. That is if this deal is official. If it is just in principal while they try to finish up a new contract then I guess that won't matter.

I personally hope Zach does not sign the one year deal.

Who here honestly sees Lou starting to work on an extension after Jan 1 instead of remaining "status quo" until 11:59AM July 1, 2012?

I can't believe this is going to drag on another year. Unless Parise and Lou already have a basic idea of what a long term will look like, and just want to see how his knee will play out this season, this is terrible news.

Edited by Amberite

thats so terrible... so so terrible and horrible... and also so horrible.... o m g...

i think its done... thats it... Zach is gone. i mean, what will be different in january? Lou is going to have the same cap space and Zach will be months away from free agency if they signed this one year this early even before last minute it means they knew there was no possible long-term deal... i think there's no way they can reach a deal in january...

mayyyyyybe Lou was skeptical about zach's knee and wasnt ready to put big bucks and take that chance but damn... thats it seriously

This is a mess. Parise has a bad year, he still gets a gigantic contract. He has a great year and he will be offered anything. He probably gets that either way I don't see how the Devils can lock him up without giving him some of the highest per-year money ever given out in the NHL. A player of this magnitude has not reached the open market in years. His agents must be incredibly happy. I don't like how this ends up because even if they can re-sign him, there is no way Zach Parise can come close to living up to that $ figure.